Maybe Love is Fair Sometimes

A New Beginning

"Hell Yeah!" Andy cheers throwing his arms in the air.

With a slight laugh I push him out the bedroom door lightly and say,

"Then let's go."

Walking down the stairs we see that the others look ready to go as well.

"Everyone ready?" Jinxx asks

With a reply from everyone we leave the band house and make our way to our cars. Andy, Jake, and I in mine and Jinxx and C.C. in Jinxx's. On our way to the set Jake decides to start up a conversation.

"So, you guys are good now?" He asks nervously

With a smile Andy replies,

"Yes."

"See guys I told you both it'd work out and neither of you believed me!" He says proudly.

I simply roll my eyes with a smile as Andy grabs my hand that's resting on the consul and intertwining our fingers. About five minutes later we make it to the club we're playing tonight with Jinxx and C.C. right behind us. All getting out of the cars getting our instruments from the back we head to the side of the stage. I'm leaning on the wall waiting with my bass sitting up by my feet. Soon Andy walks over and just looks at me with a smile on his face standing right in front of me. I lean forward and lay a kiss on his lips pulling him back against me.

"Can I help you?" I question with a smirk

"I just wanted to thank you for coming in last night, because I know I wouldn't have had the guts to come to you first and I really was miserable without you."

"Of course baby. I was terrible without you too and I heard you playing and I couldn't help myself, I needed you. I needed to comfort you, to stop your tears. I couldn't take being away from you anymore."

Andy smiles and rests his head in the crook of my neck laying a light kiss there.

"I love you Outlaw." He says

I lift his face from my neck to look at him and say,

"I love you too baby, I love you too."

He kisses me sweetly and moves off me and says,

"Time to hit the stage Outlaw."

You could see the excitement in his eyes, and to me that was one of the most adorable things in the world. He was like a little kid on Christmas before shows. Just then the guys begin to line up and the crowd begins to chant. With that C.C. runs out as we all fallow in order. After we're all out there Andy yells into the much like he does every show, welcoming them here tonight.

"Now, you mothers fuckers ready to have an awesome night?!" Andy yells

With screams from the crowd we begin our set.

The show felt like it ended as soon as it started but really we played for a good two hours. We walk off the stage and go outside after putting our things in the cars we go and sit against the building's wall waiting for the fans. Andy leans into me and takes a long breath. I put my arm around his waist and pull him closer to me. I lay a kiss on the top of his head while we sit in comfortable silence as the others talk. Eventually we hear the army start to come over our way so we all stand up waiting for them to see us.

~Time laps~ About an hour.

Everyone is starting to leave and just then a teenage boy fan walks up to me and asks,

"Um, Ashley may I ask what happened to your back?"

His face is as red as a tomato and I hear Andy gasp slightly beside me. I don't know what to say, what would Andy want me to say? I don't wanna piss him off. Now everyone's attention is on us and they're all awaiting an answer. Andy grabs my hand interlocking our fingers and says,

"Be imaginative kids." With a wink and pulls me away.

He pulls me to the other side of the building were no one will come, in the shadows. I can't help but quietly laugh at what Andy said to them and he just smiles. I wrap my arms around him pulling him to me and smile at him as he kisses my nose.

"I didn't know what else to say." He mumbles

"Yeah I really didn't know what to say either. Like how are you supposed to tell a group of mainly teenagers and your best friends that shit got rough?"

Andy laughs at this and shrugs his shoulders.  I lean forward and connect our lips, he deepens the kiss and leans against me. I open my mouth slightly for him and he takes the opportunity to slide his tongue into my mouth. He runs his tongue roughly on mine but before it could go any further I hear Jake yell,

"Come on you two!"

We pull apart and make our way to my car with a smile.

~Time laps~ Four months

I awake with Andy in my arms. His head on my chest and arms around my waist as I rest my arm around his shoulders and other on my stomach.  I started thinking about purposing to Andy, I'm just so scared he'll say no. We've been together for almost a year now and I know with every fiber in me that he's the one I want to spend the rest of my life with, but does he feel the same? He's said a couple times that he wants us to be together forever but does he mean it seriously? Soon my train of thought it pushed off tracks by my adorable boyfriend saying my nickname.

"Outlaw?"

"Yes baby?"

"Are you okay? You seem a bit zoned out."

"Yeah I'm fine and good morning."

"Alright, if you say so but if something is bothering you, you can talk to me you know that. And good morning to you too Outlaw. "

Leaning down and kissing him I say,

"I know Ands."

"How about we go get something to eat?"

"Alright. "

We get down stairs after getting dressed and I fix us both bowls of cereal. We sit down and begin to eat as the other three work their way down stairs. After I finish I grab Jake and pull him into a different room. I think I should talk to him about this. He's always helped me out when Andy and I are on the rocks or when I want to do something special.

"Jake, I need your help."

"With what?"

I suddenly get really nervous, what if he thinks this is a bad idea? Oh fuck it.

"Jake, I want to ask Andy to be mine forever."

His eyes fill with joy as he asks,

"As in you want to ask him to marry you?" I nod shyly.

"Then go for it."

"But Jake, what if he says no? Maybe he doesn't want to get married or spend forever with me."

"I think you're over thinking. Andy loves you to death. I've seen him date a couple times now and I've never seen him with anyone the way he is with you. You guys complete each other. I haven't a doubt he'll say yes if you ask. "

I take a deep breath and nod.

"In that case, let's get this ball on the roll. Wanna come with me to find a ring?"

Jake nods excitedly and I walk over to Andy who is now about to walk into the living room where Jinxx and C.C. are. I grab him by his wrist and swing him into my arms he just laughs lightly and raises an eyebrow at me. I lay a light kiss on his lips and say,

"I'm leaving with Jake, I'll be right back." He gives me a salute and a kiss before I walk over to Jake and we make our way to my car. About half way there Jake asks,

"So, how you planning to do this?"

"Well, our anniversary is in a week so I was going to do it then. Take him out, somewhere nice or set up a date at the beach, over where all the rocks are there is this bend in the rocks that acts like a roof. "

"The second one sounds great."

I think about it for a moment and think about bow perfect it could be.

"Agreed."

"Would you guys move out like Jinxx did when he was married?"

"I don't know, that'd be something we would talk about later. "

Just then we pull into the parking lot of the jewelers. Damn I am so nervous.

"Everything will go great Ash, I know he'll say yes."

We get out of the car and make our way into the jewelers. We walk in and begin to look. I don't see anything that'd match my Andy. Just as I'm starting to loose hope in finding the perfect ring for my love I hear Jake call my name.

"Ashley, come here!"

Walking over I see him proudly point to a ring. I go over and look at it myself. It has two black stones with a diamond in-between.  It looks perfect for him. With a smile I look at Jake and nod. A clerk comes over looking at us confused.

"Did you gentlemen find what you're looking for?"

"Yes I did." I reply with joy pointing at the ring.

"Alright." The clerk says getting it out for me.

I tell her the size I need it and after she retrieves it for me she guides us to the check out counter. While typing she says,

"Well, I believe your girlfriend will love this one."

Jake couldn't help but laugh causing me to laugh lightly as I say,

"Oh, he'll love it." Emphasizing he.

Her eyes get larger as she passes me the bag with the ring in it and throws a homophobic comment.

"Maim that is no way to treat your customers and you know what I hope the idea of two guys getting married  completely ruins your day, bigot." Jake retorts.

I raise an I eyebrow at him as we leave the store and he says,

"Hey I wasn't gonna just let her put down two of my best friends without saying something. "

I let out a laugh and say,

"Thanks man."