It All Starts with Tragedy

Never Run Red Lights

I slowly wake up freezing. I try to grab Ashley and pull myself closer to him only to get a fist of blankets. I open my eyes to see he's not there but there's a note in his place. I sit up grabbing the note to read.

     "Babe,

          I'm sorry I wasn't there to keep you warm this morning but I had to run out to retrieve something I ordered. I promise I'll be home as soon as I can but you know how LA traffic can be.

            With love,

                         Ashley."

Uuhh, okay then. I get out of bed stumbling to the kitchen for something to eat. After finishing a bowl of cereal I decide to get ready for the day.  Passing the calendar I notice tomorrow is me and Ashley's one year. I'm going to do something special for him, to thank him, to show that even after a year my love for him has only strengthened. Just then the phone begins to ring so I run over and answer.

"Hello, Mr. Biersack?"

"Yes?"

"This is LA hospital calling Mr. Ashley Purdy has been in an accident and you are his emergency contact."

"I'll be right there. What happened?" I begin to panic, this can't be happening.

"A driver ran a red light and rear ended Mr. Purdy on his motorcycle."

I hung up and ran as fast as I can to my car. After getting in I race to the hospital shockingly not getting pulled over. As soon as I enter the hospital I run to the desk.

"I'm Andrew Biersack, I'm here about Ashley Purdy."

The lady nods at me and pulls up something on her computer.

"He was in a motorcycle accident as I told you but I have just been informed he is in a medication dosed coma."

"What the fuck does that mean!" I accidentally yell.

She looks at me shocked and I apologize.

"He hasn't broken any bones shockingly but they don't know if he's stable enough to let his body function completely on its own. When they believe he's stable they'll ease him off the medications and bring him out of the coma."

"What's am I to do now? Can I see him? Do I have to fill something out or what?"

"You can go to his room yes but he isn't awake."

I slowly make my way to where my love lays. As soon as I see him my heart breaks into a million pieces, he was hooked up to so many wires. He's gonna hate that when he wakes up I think as I remember his hate for hospitals. I go over to him and pull a chair over next to him. I grab his hand lightly and run my thumb over the back of his hand like he's done to me so many times. I lean up and run my hand through his hair, moving it out of his face. After that I just rest my forehead on his torso and fall asleep. The next morning I'm awoken but my phone ringing. I answer it to hear It's Jinxx.

"Hey Andy!"

"Hi...."

"Are you okay?"

"No. Jinxx, Ash was in an accident yesterday and they have him in a medication dosed coma."

"Oh my fuck! We're on our way!"

With that he hung up and I lay my head back on Ashley's hip. I don't pay attention to time, it just reminds me how long I've gone without hearing his voice and seeing his chocolate eyes.

"Andy?" I hear Jinx say

He walks over to me and puts his hand on my back because I didn't even look up. I soon hear two more sets of foot steps, Jake and C.C.

"When is he gonna wake up?" Asks Jake

"They said they'll let him wake up when they think he's stable." I mumble.

Jinxx begins to rub my back and I scoot a little closer to Jinxx without lifting my head from Ashley's body.

"Andy,  you've been here all night. You need to eat something, get changed." Says Jinxx

I simply shake my head no.

"I'm not leaving him."

~Time laps~

The guys eventually left, it's getting late. Some doctors have come and gone but I haven't sat up, I haven't looked up. My eyes are either closed or on Ash. I don't know how long I can go without him.

~Time laps~

"Andrew, it's been a God damn week you need to go eat. To shower, to lift your head. Doesn't your neck hurt from always looking down?" Jinxx yells.

"My neck is fine. I'll survive Jinxx."

"Do you think Ashley would be happy if he knew how bad you're treating yourself?!"

With that my eyes widen and I look up for the first time.

"I promised him if anything were to happen to him I wouldn't self harm. And you can check, I haven't. " I say with venom in my voice.

With that I look back down at my motionless love.

That night I lay my head on his hip, like I have every night. I soon feel my hair being moved slightly. I'm facing his chest and feel something skim my forehead. I open my eyes to see something I was missing.

"Baby?" His voice whispered.

I was scared to move, just in case he really wasn't awake and it was in my head.

"Ashy?"

He smiles at me and nods his head. He runs his fingers through my bangs running his thumb down the bridge of my nose.

"How long have I been here?" He questions.

"A week."

"Have you left my side?"

I know what he's getting at. I shake my head no.

"Have you properly taken care of yourself?"

"I haven't Ashy, I'll admit. But it was so hard to do anything with you here, what if something happened and I wasn't here. I know I should have but I couldn't, but on the bright side, as hard as it was I didn't  break my promise. "

He smiles at the last part.

"That's great baby and I'm very very proud of you but you still should have taken better care of yourself."

"I know."

He lifts my chin and kisses my forehead.

"Hey, now that I am up and you can see I'm okay. Why don't you go take a shower. You don't even have to go that far,  there is one in the bathroom in here. Please go shower baby, and when you're done we can cuddle okay?"

I slowly nod my head and with a quick kiss I hurry to the shower. I don't think I've ever showered so quick in my life. As soon as I was clean I was out. After putting on the clothes Jake brought me three days ago in case I do actually shower or change I walk back out to Ashley. He looks at me and smiles opening his arms for me. I go over and cuddle into his side. He hugs me close and nuzzles the top of my head.

"I've missed you Ashy."

"I'm here now baby. "

I move even closer to his side and say,

"Yeah, and I don't want it any other way."

The next morning I awaken to Ashley talking to someone.

"Can you go to my motorcycle and get what is inside the storage compartment?"

"What is in there that you want so badly Ashley?" I hear Jake question.

"You'll see,  if you go get it. Come on Jake please get it for me."

"I don't even know what I am looking for dude."

"It's a small black box. Now please man!"

"Okay okay I'll go get it, but whatever it is it better be worth it."

"It's worth it, you'll see. I just hope I still think that after this is all over."