It All Starts with Tragedy

A New Beginning

He grabs my waste and pulls me back to him. I fight against him but he's stronger then me, and there is a possibility he'll tell me what is up. So I let him pull me to him where he tucks me under his arm which would be comforting if I wasn't mad. He lays a kiss on my hair line before resting his head on mine.

"Andy, please don't get mad at me. I can tell you this, it was what was in my motorcycle that has Jake so happy."

"And that is?"

"Andrew."

That was it my paranoid mind started to think of different things and none being good for me. And usually these thoughts would lead to a blade but considering I can't do that I begin to silently cry and instinctively put my face in Ash's chest. He begins to rub my back and panic.

"I'm so sorry baby, I didn't know you'd be so upset about not knowing."

"It's more like what could be."

He pulls me from his chest lightly and says,

"Oh fuck no baby, I didn't even think about how you could take this. I'm sorry, but it's nothing bad, hopefully you'll like it."

He looks down and blushes.

"What is it?"

"It's a surprise for you Andy."

I lean slightly up and place my lips on his and I feel him smile before kissing me back.

"Alright."

"Can you live with that answer? "

I nod my head yes while cuddling back into his side with his arm around my shoulders protectively. Usually if it was anyone else this wouldn't be okay, but it's not anyone, it's my Ashy.

We didn't do much the rest of the day, really just cuddled and watched whatever was on television but it was great because I got to spend it all with him. Soon my eyes start to fight sleep. I don't want to sleep yet. Ashley just tucks me under his arm more and murmurs,

"Sleepy baby?"

"N-no"

"Yeah you are, don't fight it baby."

"But I wanna stay up with you."

"I'm tired to, so just stop fighting it. It's not like I won't be here in the morning. "

With a sigh of defeat I lean up and give Ash a kiss before snuggling into him.

"Andy,babe." I hear Ashley whisper

Must I wake up?

"Baby, it's time to go."

I slowly open my eyes to see him slightly bending over me. He leans down and pecks the tip of my nose. I slowly sit up as he does the same.

"The doctor just said I can finally come home now."

I nod and I get up and help him up. As he gets dressed I walk around gathering my things which is really just the clothes I came in and my jacket with keys in the pocket. I slip on my jacket and turn room Ash just finishing up. He walks over to me and I wrap my arms around his waist and he does the same as I rest my head on his chest I say,

"I'm glad to finally be able to bring you home again. I've missed being there with you."

"I'm glad I'm going home with you too."

We break apart and intertwine our fingers after a short kiss.

On the ride home out of no where Ashley asks,

"How'd you feel about accompanying me on a trip back to my home town?"

"Sounds great. When do you wanna do that?"

I am slightly shocked, he's never talked of going back there unless right after tour. Probably just misses his family there that we couldn't see much of on Christmas.

"How about, next week? "

I look over at him a little and see this soft smile on his face.

"Alright, sounds good to me."

"Good."

The rest of the ride home was filled with a comforting silence.

~Time laps~One week.

We're just finishing up our packing to leave for Missouri tomorrow and to be honest I'm actually a bit nervous. Shockingly I haven't met much of his family, only his grandparents and the few I met at Christmas. If i was meeting them as just his best friend and band mate i wouldn't be nervous at all but I'm not, I'm meeting them as Ashy's first boyfriend. I guess I'm just scared they'll be like his grandfather. Ash is on his side of the bed closing his suitcase when he looks over at me and raises an eyebrow. I didn't notice I zoned out. He slowly makes his way over to me and wraps his arms around my waist from the side and rest his chin on my shoulder.

"What's wrong?"

"It's nothing.... "

"Obviously it's something."

"I'm just nervous, I mean I've never met that side of your family and if I was just your best friend or band mate that'd be different but I'm not. Ashy, I'm just scared. I try so hard not to be but it's so hard for me not to be completely petrified.... "

He turns me so I'm facing him and says,

"I get you're scared but you don't have to be. I'm nervous too but I love you and I truly believe they'll love you too."

"But what I'd they don't, what if they don't like me Ashy? What if they don't like the fact you are gay and it ruins your relationship with them, I couldn't do that to you again."

"Baby, they're are not homophobic and how could someone not like someone as adorable as you?"

"I know thousands of people who don't..." I mumble.

"Those guys are assholes who judge you mainly on your looks but my family can't do that to you because what those people hate about you are traits we share."

"I guess you're right Ashy but I'm still gonna be scared."

"Trust me, I know how you can be with people you don't know. I know you'll be nervous and a little shaky and very shy, you won't let me leave your side without a fight or scared look but I won't be leaving your side anyway, I know you baby."

"How'd I get so lucky to get someone like you?"

"Well, it started years ago when I thought it was a fantastic idea to join a band with this kid that had this crazy amazing voice from Ohio who seemed to have his head on straight and it just went from there."

Smiling I let our lips collide in a love filled kiss until we had to break apart for air. Laying my head on his chest I say,

"I love you Ashy."

"I love you too baby."