It All Starts with Tragedy

An Adventure that may lead to another..?

"Babe"

I hear Ash mumble while shaking me but I don't wanna get up.

"Baby, come on we gotta get up."

I snuggle deeper in the blankets and mumble out,

"Why?"

I'm still not even half awake, hell if you were to ask me to spell out my whole name right now I'd have difficulties.

"Cause babe, we have to leave in an hour for the airport."

That's when I remember, we're going to Ashley's home town today for two weeks.

"If you don't get up I'm going to tickle you until you piss." Ash warns.

I slowly sit up and rubbing my eyes mumble,

"Good morning to you too Ashy."

Ashley just smiles at me, kissing me quickly hops out of the bed and into the living room. Watching I notice he's already dressed and showered. How long has that guy been up? After getting dressed I lazily shuffle to the kitchen for something to eat. I'm still no where near awake, I'm not the best morning person sometimes and I'm still scared about what's ahead of us with this trip even after Ashley's little pep talk last night. Here I stand in the middle of the kitchen just staring at the pantry with a bowl and spoon in my hands. I then feel arms around my waist and pressure on the back of my neck, Ashy.

"Gonna actually get something or just gonna stand there baby?"

I simply shrug my shoulders. Ash walks into the pantry turning back to me with cereal in his hand handing it to me.

"Someone isn't awake yet."

He mumbles before pecking my cheek. I walk over to the table getting the milk on the way. Making my cereal and sitting down I reply,

"Not at all."

"Well, you may wanna wake up before we leave so you don't fall on your face."

"You wouldn't let me fall on my face."

He turns and gives me a dumbfounded look. With a smile he replies,

"No, I wouldn't but that's not the point."

*****

I soon sit down in the passenger seat of the car as Ash starts the vehicle. I'm still really nervous, but I'm going to try and hide it from Ashley. I can't help but worry that, unlike Ashley's belief, his family isn't going to like me and or react like his grandfather. I couldn't bare myself if Ash lost a close relationship with a relative again because of me. I know if I tell this to Ashley he's gonna tell me that I'm worrying for no reason and that they're not like Ralph, so what's the point. I guess all I can do is go along and hope to fuck Ashley is right about his family. My nerves getting to me as we get closer to the airport I can't help but shuffle in my seat, causing a worried and curious look from my lover. He puts one hand on my thigh and ask,

"You okay over there Andy?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

He then parks the car and we get out and get our things from the trunk.

****skipping flight*****

We're now standing outside his aunts home. I can see the excitement on Ashley's face and as happy as I am to see him this happy I pray that my feelings are not that obvious on my face as Ash's are on his. He grabs my hand in his interlocking our fingers looking at me he says,

"Come on baby."

With a slow nod I don't get the reaction I expected but the one I feared,

"You're not fine are you?"

He's not an idiot, I am for thinking I could fool him. For hell's sake this guy knows me better than I do. With that I look at my feet and tighten my grip on his hand. Ashley grabs my waist and turns me to him then lifts my chin to look at him. Studying my face for a moment he softly says,

"Andy, I know why you're worried but don't be. And I know you didn't tell me on the way here cause you knew that's what I was gonna say but it's true. They may be a little taken back but I know with every piece of me that they'll support us and adore you. Trust me if I believed they were going to be like my grandfather then I wouldn't have come,  I wouldn't put you in that kind of situation if I didn't have to and you know why. I wouldn't do anything that would harm you or god for bid make you want to harm yourself, okay baby? "

I nod my head yes and with a smile He kisses me sweetly. His hand let's go of mine and they find their way around my waist as mine grab at the ends of his hair. After a few minutes he pulls away and interlocking our fingers again lightly pulls me towards the door.

"Come on baby."

I give him a nod and walk with him to the door. He knocks and after a moment a a middle aged women answers the door. She is as tan as Ashley gets in the summer when we do tours like Warped, her hair is chocolate brown locks that just skim her shoulders with eyes that match Ashley's perfectly.

"Hello aunt Lindsey." Ash states

So, this is his aunt. She looks very nice, let's hope her looks don't give the wrong impression of a kind soul. She steps onto the porch and hugs Ashley but the hugs a bit odd because as usual Ash refused to let go of my hand.

"It's been so long since you've come over, we've missed you around here!"

"I've missed you too aunt Lindsey."

"And who is this fine man?" She asks looking at me.

I feel my whole body go stiff and my blood run cold. I can't even make eyes contact with the woman out of fear so I just look down at my shoes. I really need to clean these things.

"Uh, this is Andy. He's the vocalist of my band and he's also my boyfriend.... " I hear Ashley explain.

"Oh, well Andy is it? Will you look up at me so I can see who my nephew is fancying?"

Ashley leans into me and mumbles an

"It's okay" as he taps the bottom of my chin. Slowly I look up at the women after looking at my Ash who smiles and nods. She studies my face then says,

"Well, it's nice to meet you Andy."

My voice is caught in my throat so I just smile and nod. She raises an eyebrow at me then looks at Ashley.

"He's just nervous and pretty shy but trust me he's much more lively than this usually."

"Oh dear, you have nothing to be worried about. I know they're going to love you, you seem like a very nice kid and I know Ashley wouldn't date someone if they weren't grand."

With that she turns around and heads inside motioning us to fallow. Ashley looks at me and half smiles.

"See, it's going to be just fine. I love you."

"I love you too Ashy."

His smile widens at my words and he leads me inside the house where his aunt awaits.

"Everything alright?" She questions

"Yeah, everything is good."

Ashley puts his arm around my waist as we walk putting his thumb through one of the belt loops pulling me closer to him.

"So, where are you living as of now Ash?"

"I'm actually living with Andy in Los Angeles."

"Ah, I see. How's the band?"

"Good, we actually should be starting up another tour sometime soon, probably end of next month."

He looks at me for confirmation and I nod in agreement.

"Splendid! Have you heard from your grandparents?"

This causes Ashley to tighten his grip on me for a moment and grumble.

"Sadly"

"Did something go wrong between you guys? I would never see them saying anything negative to you."

"Turns out papa is a homophobic and isn't very quiet about it."

"Oh God, I am so sorry."

"It's fine, but thank you."

"Do you mind if I ask if that's why your partner here is so nervous? "

"For the most part."

With a nod from her we walk into a bedroom where we stop.

"This is where you two will be staying for your time here."

Ashley smiles and nods. It's a good sized room with faded floral blue wallpaper and a large window facing the woods at the back of the home. Walking back to the living room, we all sit down.

"Where is everyone?" Ashely questions

"Uh, your uncle is at work but should be on his way home and the kids are in the barn with the horses. Just then two children come running into the house, a boy that looks to be about twelve with medium length dirty blond hair and a little girl who looks to be about eight with waist length brown hair braided down her back.

"Momma Momma do we have company?!" They boy shouts not noticing us.

"Yes Kyle, Ashley came for a visit like I told you he was and he brought a friend with him."

I could see the realization in the boys eyes as he then looks over at us with a smile. He runs over and jumps on Ashley's lap, I gladly was able to move away last second.

"Hi Ashley!"

"Hey Kyle. What have you been up to?"

"Nothing much, playing with Sara. Who's your friend?" Kyle says looking over at me.

I shrink on the inside and begin to fiddle with my sleeves and look at Ashley with large eyes. With a smirk and loving eyes Ash replies,

"This is Andy, he sings in the band I am in."

"Ohh, why'd he come with you?"

"Because Kyle, uh, he is my boyfriend and I wanted him to meet you guys and your parents."

"Boyfriend, like you're dating him?"

"Yeah, exactly like that."

"So, you're a boy...dating a boy? "

"Yes."

"Alright. Hello Andy!"

I try my best to mutter a voice for the boy and actually succeed.

"Hello Kyle."

"You're voice is a lot deeper than I expected." Lindsey says

"Yeah, most don't expect it either......"

*****later that night******

We're just now laying down for bed. Today wasn't that bad, it was awkward but okay. I lay down and Ashley pulls me to him as I rest my head on his chest.

"See, I told you they'd like you."

"Yeah....."

After a few minutes of silence Ash pipes up and says,

"Hey Andy?"

"Yeah love?"

"What, uh, do you think about marriage? Something you'd ever do?"

"I believe it is something very special obviously. You've found the one whom completes you and is willing to happily spend the rest of their breathing days with you. Would I ever marry? Uh, yeah I would,  it'd obviously be someone I'm a hundred percent sure I want to spend forever with but yeah. I'm a helpless romantic, it'd be odd if I'd say marriage isn't something I'd do. What about you? "

Running his fingers through my hair he says,

"Yeah, I'd be lucky to find someone whose willingly wanting to deal with me forever. And I'd definitely marry if I had the right person."