Status: Feedback makes it move quicker! ;)

Your Love Makes Me Strong

Sure Be Cool If You Did

I always enjoyed the weeks that Kaitlyn got to spend with my daughter Annalise, and I. It was almost like my life had built-in girl’s nights. My brother worked as the CPA for Nike abroad, so he and his wife, Erin, would have business trips every few weeks for 3-4 days at a time. I loved it; Kaitlyn helped out with Annalise a lot, and loved every second of it. They were the absolute best of friends, and Kaitlyn was usually more like a little sister to me than anything. Jacob was right- she was usually more like me than her momma. Erin was okay with that though, she and I had been friends for a very long time and though Annalise wasn’t as girly as Erin may have wanted, they had another baby girl on the way who might be.

“Alright, ladies, pizza’s ready!” I called through my little town-house. Within moments, both girls were standing before me with plastic plates in their little hands. “Lyn, did you and Annalise get a movie picked out and set up for us?”

The girls grinned. “We did. We just need pizza and Sprite and we’re all set, Auntie!”

“Alright, do you want one or two pieces?” I asked, cutting the pizza up. They thought for a moment.

“Three!” shouted Kaitlyn, jumping up with enthusiasm.

“Two!” giggled Annalise, holing out her plate.

“How about you both start with one?” I asked, and the two girls nodded in agreement.

I plopped down a slice on each girls plate before they scampered back into the living room. I poured the girls each a cup of juice and set them on the table in front of the girls. I spread a blanket around the two and hit play on my BluRay player before returning back to the kitchen for my pizza and glass of water. I sat with my legs off to the side on the couch and fastforwarded through the credits until the opening scenes to A Cinderella Story began showing.

Annalise was asleep by the dance, and Kaitlyn- try as she may to keep awake till the end, was too tired from soccer and the excitement of meeting Cristiano Ronaldo to stay up much later. I carried each girl to their beds, tucked them in, and came back down to the living room and kitchen. As quietly as possible, I put away the left-over pizza and washed up the dishes before curling up on the couch to finish the movie.

The next morning, the three of us were bundled up to browse around one of the Madrid markets enjoying the fresh air and time together. Kaitlyn had decided she wanted every fruit, flower, and vegetable she laid eyes on.

“Well, well, well. Look who it is,” a voice rang out. I spun around, my grip on both girls hands tightening. I relaxed almost immediately, and smiled at the Armani shades looking down at me.

“Hey, Cris,” I smiled, as Kaitlyn ran and hugged him. He chuckled softly, and high-fived her.

“What are you ladies up to?”

“Just out enjoying the air,” I replied, laughing as Annalise shrunk behind my leg. “Cris, this is Annalise, my daughter. She’s a bit shy, if you couldn’t tell.”

Cristiano dropped down to one knee and slid the shades on top of his head. “Hey there,”

Annalise peaked up at me before she waved to him. “Hi.”

“And, how old are you, my lady?” he asked, brilliant grin never breaking. She held up four fingers on her hand and he nodded.

“Cris, would you wanna come to my soccer game tomorrow?” asked Kaitlyn, coming up beside him and clinging to his bicep. He glanced up at me with a grin.

“I will, only if you three lovely ladies promise to come to my next home game,” countered Cristiano, and her eyes lit up like the city at night. “I’ll get you seats wherever you want in the stadium.”

“Closest to you,” said Annalise, and the three of us snapped to her in shock. Cristianos face lit up, almost as much as Kaitlyns.

“Your wish, is my command,” he promised, making a little X across his heart. He stepped closer to me, his hand resting against my arm as he leaned in to whisper. “You don’t mind, do you?”

I shrugged playfully. “Guess it can’t hurt.”

“It’ll be a few weeks before I get to play at home again, but I will let you know as soon as I get your tickets and I’ll show you the best way to get in and all that nonsense,” he said to me, and I nodded before Kaitlyn interrupted again.

“Why don’t you come eat dinner with us?” she asked, looking up at Cris with her big, blue eyes pleadingly and he frowned slightly.

“I would really love to, Lyn, but, you see.. I was thinking of asking you three to let me cook for you tonight at my place,” he said, with an exaggerated sigh. This time, Kaitlyn and Annalise looked at me pleadingly.

“Please, Auntie, can we?” asked Kaitlyn and I shook my head with a laugh.

“Cris, you really don’t have to,” I said, and he flashed his signature smile at me.

“I know, I want to. I really was going to ask you,”

“Um, well, I suppose so; sure, why not,” I agreed, receiving hugs from both girls.

“I’ll pick you up around, say, 5:30?”

I bit my lip, but nodded my head anyways. “Sounds great.”

“Here, put your number in my cell, and I’ll give you a heads up when I head over,” and he pulled his phone from his jeans, and handed it to me. I blushed slightly as I punched in the digits of my cell, occasionally peaking up at him from my eyelashes. He just smiled at me.

“I’ll see you guys soon, alright?” he said, hugging Annalise and Kaitlyn. Cristianos eyes shifted to me, and he bit his lip slightly in hesitation. He grabbed my hand, and brought it to his lips like the day before.

“See you soon,” I breathed, as he disappeared into the street.
♠ ♠ ♠
xox.