Status: You Left Me

Everything You Want

Fashions Lead Her Down the Runway

I was thrilled to see Tyra again. She and I had met four years ago in Milan during fashion week. The meeting was accidental, but she demanded I walk her runway two days later. She kicked off a veteran runway model, and put me in instead. That was only the third runway I’d done in my career to that point.

One does not simply say no to Tyra Banks.

After that, she became something of a mentor or a big sister to me in reference to the modeling industry. Whenever I had a question about a shoot, a photographer, experimenting with different poses… She was my go-to girl. Her advice has never failed me yet.

She vowed the next time I came to the States, she would positively have to photograph me- if only for the hell of it. When she heard I was coming, she phoned immediately and we set up the shoot.

Despite the early hour, when I walked into the studio I was excited.

“Oh, Kenzi!Darling, sugar plum!”
I grinned when I saw Tyra approaching, stunning as always, with arms wide open.

“Tyra, how the hell have you been?” I breathed, hugging her.

“Oh, I’ve been fabulous. Where’s that delicious cousin of yours?” she stood on her toes, peering around me, and I chuckled.

“I left him to his morning coffee a couple streets down, he’s still trying to wake up,” I replied, allowing her to lead me further in the studio.

“Well we have all kinds of fun things planned this morning,” she said with a wink, and my smile only grew. “And I can’t wait to walk Fashion Week runway with you!”

Ah, New York Fashion Week. One of the biggest events as a model you could ever hope to be a part of, and this was the year I’d been asked to participate. It was the big reason behind my NYC vacation- I still hadn’t told Sean about it, but I had him a tickets to my events along with three extra’s in case he wanted to bring anyone and a limo pick-up to get them there. It was New York Fashion Week, for fuck’s sakes, and I was going to lavish my biggest fan with the VIP package.

“I’m so excited, Tyra, I’m still in shock that so many designers wanted me,” I gushed, and she swatted my arm.

“I’m not! Have you seen your photos or you walk? Girl, you are the definition of fierce!” Tyra’s praise meant more to me than anyone’s. I felt my cheeks redden, but I couldn’t help the surge of pride that filled my body. “Miss J has offered to take a look at your walk, if you’re interested- by the way.”

“Are you serious? I would fucking love that!” I squealed, and in all honesty I was more than relieved. I hadn’t done a run-way in a couple months, and I was praying I still had a good walk.

“Good, I told him you would. He’ll be here around noon, but let’s get you in hair and make up stat!”

Shooting with Tyra was what you would expect: it was quick, precise, and very well directed. She knew the kind of photos she wanted from me, and all I had to do was follow her orders. We did a wild shoot for WonderBr with four different male models. The set was made up to be like a hotel in Paris, and she had me wearing very expensive, sexy lingerie to pillow fight as seductively as I could with these attractive men. It was a lot harder than it sounded, but it also turned out exceptionally fun. There were a few shots where it looked like I was shagging the man, and a few where she had us snog in order to get that perfect ‘Almost-Kiss’ or ‘After-Kiss’ shot.

I could only pray neither Sean or Norman ever saw those photos- once one did, they both would.

I exited the building with a confident smile adorning my face, swinging the little bag of sexy goodies Tyra gave me from the clothing rack. Sean was leaned against the wall, and when he saw me he grinned.

“Hey, there,” he said, slinging a large arm around my small shoulders as we began walking through the streets. “What’s in the bag?

“Oh, nothing you ever need to see,” I giggled, keeping it out of his reach.

“But-“

“Trust me, Sean. This is Tyra we’re talking about,” I said, and his happy expression quickly turned to a slightly mortified one. "You don't wanna see what's in this bag."

“If that’s what I think it is…” he trailed off, and all I could do was mischievously smile up at him. Sean shook his head vigorously, trying to rid the thoughts. “What took you so long? I thought you were supposed to be done like half an hour ago, woman.”

I couldn’t wipe the happiness off my face. “Oh, just, Miss J wanted to see my walk…”

“Your walk?” his nose scrunched up in confusion. “For what?”

I shrugged as if it was no big deal. “New York Fashion Week…”

Sean froze, forcing me to halt beside him. He searched my face for traces of lying. “You’re fuckin’ with me, right?”

I shook my head. “Nope. I’m walking.”

“Get the fuck outta here! You’re walking at Fashion Week?! Isn’t that, like, huge!? Every models dream?!”

I nodded, “I’ve been booked by several designers and companies. I won’t be on the runway every day, but most of them I will be.”

Sean playfully shoved me away from him, beaming down at me as he did so. “No fuckin’ way. I’m going, I hope you know that, Kenz.”

I grabbed his arm and pulled him with me down the street. We- and by ‘we’, I mean Sean- was causing a scene with all his shouting. I was laughing, though, without a care in the world. “Yeah, I know. You have four tickets, and a limo to pick you up. Bring whoever you want, I don’t give a fuck. It’s the big finale of my NYC experience. The last day is a Thursday, and I’ll leave three days later.”

“I can’t believe this.”

“Well, Sean, believe it. ‘Cause I can’t fucking wait!”

He squeezed me to his side in a brief side-hug, shaking his head slightly. “I’m so fuckin’ proud of you, I hope you know that without a shadow of doubt.”

“Likewise, movie-star.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Walking Dead Return!
I love Norman! Sorry it took a few days to get this one out; it's a bit of a filler and I was extremely frustrated with it. I wrote this chapter, along with two others, around 3 AM after work one night just to get my ideas and thoughts on how it should progress down. It was terrible, and it made me so mad that I couldn't edit it for a few days. I finally forced myself tonight.
Like I said, filler.
Norman in the next chapter, eek! How do you think seeing each other for the first time in TEN YEARS will go down??
I'd love to hear your thoughts<3