Status: You Left Me

Everything You Want

All Part of the Same Sick Little Games

“You know what, guys?” Sean asked, leaning back in his chair with a shit-eating-grin on his face that could only mean trouble.

“What’s that, sweetheart?” asked Cleo from her place beside him, their fingers intertwined.
They were too damn cute.

“I’ve got a great idea,”

“Out with it, already, Einstein,” I wasn’t really paying much attention, and took a small sip of my wine.

“Reedenstein, why don’t you take the big-man home, and let’s all go to one of the clubs. It’ll loosen everyone up, it’ll be fun,” said Sean, smirking triumphantly. Norman glanced over towards where Mingus had left for the bathroom, and sighed.

“Not sure if that’s a great idea, man,” he said, warily eying me.

“She’ll be good, I promise,” winked Cleo, and my jaw dropped open.

Are you fucking kidding me right now? I’ll be good? Does she even remotely remember me in clubs? – I was bad enough when I still lived here, but the clubs in England we’re even more hardcore than NYC. I’m not really sure she knows what she’s promising Norman…
In all honesty, I wasn't sure I'd be able to stay away from him there. It'd be full of all kinds of people he didn't know, and I'd use that as a reasoning to 'save' him. I knew myself enough to know that, and I really wanted Norman to think I couldn't care less about him.

Sean chuckled, nodding in agreement with his fiancé. “I promise, it’ll be fun guys. C’mon, we can get the check, Kenz and Cleo can change, and they can meet us there.”

Norman glanced at me, and one look from Cleo and Sean made me shrug indifferently. “Why not?”

“It’s settled then!” said Sean, signaling to the waiter as Mingus walked in. “I need the check, please.”

The waiter nodded, and scurried off.

“Alright, Ming. Tell everyone goodbye, it’s time for you to get in bed,” Norman said, standing and placing one hand on his sons shoulder. Mingus pouted for a moment, as if he was debating arguing. Instead, he simply high-fived Sean and hugged Cleo tightly. I smirked slightly when he stood awkwardly before me.

“We still on for Ghosts this weekend?” he asked. I giggled slightly, pulling him into a quick hug. This boy was going to be a perfect blend of Norman and Sean when he grew up; I’m not sure the world is quite prepared for that kind of madness.

“Of course, little man. We'll kick ass,” I said, and Norman nodded to everyone before they disappeared.

“Looks like we have a problem we didn’t account for,” said Sean, glancing at Cleo. “Ming’s tryin’ to steal Kenz before Norman even has a shot in hell.”

“I’m still here, Sean,” I laughed, and he shrugged.
When the waiter arrived with the check, Sean handed over his card without even glancing at the cost once. Typical.

I followed Cleo out of the restaurant, and we made our way over to her place quickly. Thank God she and I were still the same size- I hadn’t really brought any club-worthy dresses, but she had a plethora to sift through.

She settled on a vibrant light blue, turquoise colored short dress, with black heels. It was a halter top that hung loosely from the chest. It was definitely a dress Sean would love, though more of a summer dress.
I had picked out a skin-tight black criss-cross keyhole dress that pulled together at the front and came right above mid-thigh. The back was bare, save for the thin ‘X’ across my shoulders. A diamond of my back was exposed, and the lower point went as far as the dip in my lower back. I wore a pair of black velvet pumps that had a red sole. There was a gold band that went around the heel, with a couple golden chains dangling slightly from it and some studs on the actual heel. The only jewelry I wore was a pair of silver feather ear rings, and my black and gold Marc Jacobs watch.

“Are you trying to give poor Norman a heart attack?” teased Cleo, a smirk tugging on her pale pink lips.

“No…” I mused quietly, but the thought had in fact crossed my mind once or twice. In fact, I wanted his eyes on me... And only me. I hated to admit it more than anything, but even through the anger and hurt I longed for his touch. For his presence. For what we had.
Even if I knew things would- could- never go back to that, I occasionally entertained the day dream.
Tonight would be good, though. Fun. I would dance with whatever guys I so chose, and maybe even Norman.

“Hm, coulda fooled me,” she winked, tossing a stick of red lipstick at me. “Put that on, your other is kindawore off.”

I quickly obeyed, and slipped it into my wristlet alongside my phone and credit card before following her out of the apartment- not before grabbing my black pea coat as a shield against the cold New York air. We hailed a taxi, and almost immediately one pulled over to the curb for us. We slid in, and Cleo spouted off an address to the driver. Without another word, he sped back into traffic.
It was less than a five minute drive, and when we stepped out there was a line of people out the front door.

“Sometimes, Sean and Normans fame is really useful,” she winked, and we slid past the two guards.

The club was deafening loud, and the ‘Party Rock Anthem Club Remix’ was flowing through the speakers.

“I’m going to go find Sean! You should find Norm sometime tonight!” she shouted in my ear over the music, taking my coat to put with Norman, Sean, and hers. I waved her off with a smile, knowing Sean would take good care of her tonight. I watched her move along the edge of the crowd for a moment, before I slipped into the middle of it.

I hadn’t even gotten to the center before a hand ran across my back, and I glanced up with a smirk. It was a tall boy, with perfect blonde hair swooping across his dark eyes. He grinned an invitation at me, and without much of a second thought I began dancing with him. My back was pressed against his chest and one of my arms was loosely slung around the back of his neck. His fingers dug into my hips, and we moved in sync with the beat.

Later that night, I learned his name was Daniel. He was there with two of his guy friends, Ryan and Chasten. I mostly danced and drank with those three, but occasionally we would split and go four different directions. It didn’t take terribly long before I had a good buzz going, and I didn’t give a single fuck about anything.

I knew Norman was at the bar, and his eyes had been searching for me all night long. I also knew Cleo and Sean, though enjoying themselves in their own little world, were still keeping an eye on me. All three of them knew how reckless I could be at clubs when alcohol was involved, but I hated that they felt they still had to babysit me.

I rolled my body with the beat of ‘Please Don’t Stop the Music’, a random guy behind me and another random guy in front of me. I was utterly convinced they were more into each other than me, though, and I was perfectly okay with that. I spun around, swapping which of the two I was dancing with, and when I did my eyes snagged on Norman.

Again.

He was still sitting on the same stool at the bar facing the dance floor, a beer sitting beside him on the counter. There was a girl beside him constantly running her hand down his chest or grabbing his arm, in a dress that looked like she had taken scissors to. There were at least ten slits down her side and arms, and when she turned slightly I caught sight of the front of her dress. The deep V came to her belly button, and left next to nothing to the imagination.

But he still averted his eyes, looking through the crowd presumably for me. I enjoyed the thought more than I should have, and I continued dancing with the two boys until the current song finished. A quarter into the second, ‘Beautiful’ by Akon, the girl still hadn't left his side and I felt it was my duty to save Norman since Sean nor Cleo were anywhere in sight.

“If you boys will excuse me, I’m going to go save a friend,” I shouted into their ears, and they smiled a farewell at me.

I made my way around the crowd, as to sneak up behind him. The girl saw me before he did, but I blatanty ignored her. My hand slid onto one of his shoulders.

"Norman," I purred...
♠ ♠ ♠
DON'T HATE ME.
:)

But, ooohhhhhh what's going to happen? ;)

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=113206040

Kenz's club attire ;) Sexyyyy.