Status: Complete

Crazy Situations

Ch.2

Jasmine awoke to being alone in bed. She stretched and left Scud's room only to find him welding something together. She looked at the entry way and saw Blade and his friend coming into the workshop area.

"What's up? Nice to meet you man. I heard a lot about you. I'm Josh. You can call me 'Scud.' Everybody does," Jasmine heard Scud say politely then walked over to his small TV smoking his joint.

"Tell me something, Skid-"

"No, man, it's 'Scud-"

"Like Stud. Scud the Stud," Jasmine said coming down the steps.

Whistler looked over at Jasmine and said, "Whatever. What are you doing here?"

"The pimpmobile? Just a little aftermarket modification. Nitrous oxide and shit like that."

"Oh, yeah. You gave it a more aggressive exhaust profile ramping."

Jasmine knew by Whistler's tone that he didn't like the modification on his vehicle.

"The whole package will crank that Betty up, maybe three-hundred horsepower."

"You'll burn the thing up before your next oil change," He turned to Blade, "Where did you dig up these two shitbird's anyway?"

"What the fuck is your problem, Poppy?"

"Hey, hey, hey. Scud stop," Jasmine said getting in front of him.

Scud huffed and went to 'the monitor' room with Jasmine and Whistler close behind.

"My problem is I've been sucking blood clots for two years. I get out to find some jerkoff fucking with my life's work."

"We jeopardized our whole operation to save your puckered old ass!"

"Our operation?"

"Yeah."

"Our operation? I built this operation, you ass-wipe!"

"Will you two just knock it the hell off!" Jasmine said pissed while getting in between them and pushing the two away from each other. "Scud, I get where you're coming from but this is his turf."

"Seems like your girl is smarter than you."

"And you, we did help save you so please stop being a pain in the ass. And I'm not his girl. Oh, and I'm Jasmine."

When Jasmine got her name out the security system's siren started going off and the lights went out. Scud and Jasmine went to the monitors to check who triggered the motion sensors.

"Motion sensors! It's on three, lady and gentlemen."

"Human?" Blade asked.

Jasmine leaned over Scud and looked at the thermal image.

"No, it's temperature fifty degrees. Meaning it's a suckhead," She said turning to Blade.

Blade took off and some cameras went died.

"Scud what happened to the camera?"

"Fried. They're using magnesium flares," Whistler said coming over to look at the monitor. Then he started walking away while saying, "They've got your security system scoped out."

Whistler got out a gun and Scud went after him.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. I don't trust you-"

Whistler hit Scud in the face with the gun to shut him up.

"That's real mature," Jasmine said going to Scud who was on the floor holding his jaw. "Let me see."

"I'm fine." He said spitting some blood out of his mouth.

"Ya sure?"

"Yeah."

Jasmine started looking around then whispered, "Whistler!"

"What?"

Jasmine pointed to the beams across from the monitors and Whistler started shooting at the beams. The ninja looking things landed on the floor and ran in different directions. Scud and Jasmine got up off the floor and he shoved her under in desk in a corner and stood in front to block her in.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Cool outfit."

"Guard lights!" Jasmine and Scud heard Blade say.

Jasmine reached up the same time Scud put his hand on the switch. Scud pulled his hand away quickly and Jasmine turned the lights on. Bright lights suddenly flooded the warehouse. Jasmine heard metal against metal, which meant Blade was fighting one of the ninja things. The ninja that was holding Jasmine and Scud captive left to help his partner who was fighting Blade.

"J.J, stay under there." Scud said.

A few minutes went by and the metal clashing stopped and one of them started talking in a foreign language.

"We represent the ruling body of the Vampire Nation. They are are offering you a truce. They want to meet with you." He finally said in English.

Jasmine moved out from under the desk to see what was actually going on.

"Didn't I tell you to stay under there?" Scud hissed quietly.

"Scud, if they wanted to kill me they would've taken you out and done it."

Scud just stared at her.

If she only knew that I work for them, He thought.

"Scud." Blade said breaking Scud's thought.

Scud shut the lights off and the ninja vampires took their masks off.

One revealed a tall black man and the other revealed a beautiful woman.

"My name is Asad. This is Nyssa."

"You have been our most feared enemy. But now there's something else loose on the streets. Something worse than you."

"What could be worse than Blade and vampires?" Jasmine whispered to Scud.

"Beats me," He whispered back with a shrug.

"Whistler, Scud, let's go." Blade said walking quickly.

"What about me?" Jasmine asked.

"You stay here and keep an eye on things."

"What about Scud? Why does he get to go? He can't fight." Jasmine said crossing her arms.

"Jasmine." Blade said in a warning tone.

"Fine. Are you going to want some dinner, master?" She asked sarcastically.

She could tell Blade was glaring at her. He started walking again with Asad, Nyssa and Whistler following him.

"J.J. We'll be back, promise." Scud said kissing her quickly on the lips. "And if you want some smokeage, you know where to find it." He kissed her again while nipping her bottom lip.

"Scud." Blade barked.

Scud backed away from Jasmine while smirking then joined Blade and the others. Once they were gone Jasmine went to her room and slammed the door shut. What the hell was wrong with her? Why does she let Scud get to her like that? Then realization kicked it, she did in fact love Scud more than just a friend.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Scud was pretty quiet during the ride in the helicopter. Maybe it was because he hated flying or it was because he just kissed his best friend. He had a hard time admitting it to himself but he loved Jasmine. But he couldn't love her, he was a familiar. If they got word of this they'd rape her, drink from her, and kill her right in front of him then kill him. Why did love have to be so complicated?

"What's so funny?" Scud asked when he saw Nyssa trying not to laugh.

"They tell stories about Blade as the Bogeyman. Frankly, I'm disappointed."

"Ya hear that, B? She's disappointed."

"He agreed to come along so easily."

"C'mon, B, show her. Pretty please?"

"Blade opened his jacket and showed Nyssa all the gadgets.

"Semtex."

"Enough explosives to level a city block. You still disappointed?"

Nyssa didn't say anything, she just smiled to herself.

They finally landed and when they got out there were red lasers pointed on Blade and Scud. If they done anything out of the ordinary they'd get shot.

"The guards look human, B. They're probably familiars."

They entered the building while Nyssa put the passcode in so everyone could enter.

"Are you sure about this?" Whislter whispered to Blade.

"Well, if I'm not..." Blade started then padded his black leather trench coat and followed Asad and Nyssa.

"The true power of the Vampire Nation lies here." Nyssa said as a door came down and she went inside while the others followed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jasmine was done cleaning up the mess that the intruders made and was off to take a shower. When she got out of the shower there were even more vampires there.

"What the hell is going on?" Jasmine said coming down the steps and to Whistler and Scud.

"We need reinforcements for the things we're up against." Whistler said.

"Blade couldn't find anyone else to help?"

Jasmine looked over at tall bald one wearing sunglasses then looked at the rest of them, they looked like they were ready to attack.

"You smell really sweet and innocent sweetheart."

She glared at the tall bald one with the sunglasses and flipped him off.

"I'm not so innocent when I flip you off and tell you to go fuck yourself now am I?"

"You little bitch." He growled out ready to attack her until Blade and Nyssa made their appearance.

"Blade, meet the bloodpack. Lighthammer, Verlaine, Priest, Snowman, Chupa, and Reinhardt." Asad introduced.

Reinhardt made his way to Blade and whispered something. Scud slowly and nervously pulled Jasmine with him to the other workbench still chewing on his thumb lightly.

"What was that?"

"Can you blush?"

The bloodpack started getting excited over that. Blade chuckled while circling Reinhardt.

"Oh, I get it. I see now. You've been training for two years to take me out. And now here, here I am. Oh, so exciting isn't it? Ok, here's your chance." Blade taunted then took out a stake and put it to his chest while the bloodpack drew their weapons.

"What is he doing?" Jasmine hissed.

"He knows what he's doing, don't worry." Whistler said.

Nyssa signaled to the bloodpack and they lowered their weapons and watched.

"Come on. What are you waiting for? Here I am. Right in front of you. Adolf here gets the first shot. Come on. What are you looking at her for? You need permission?"

Jasmine snickered at that comment.

"Or maybe you need a little bit of incentive, huh? Ok, I can help with that."

Blade started twirling the silver stake in his hand so fast that Jasmine couldn't keep up with it and then Blade hit Reinhardt in the cheek with his other hand. She chuckled a little until she felt Scud put a hand on her back. She looked at him to see him shaking his head.

"What's the matter? Missed that? It's ok, I can do it again."

Blade did it again and hit the same cheek. The red headed vampire said something in a foreign language.

"Come on. What, do you need a manual? Do it! Come on!"

"Kill the bastard." One of the bloodpack said.

Reinhardt lunged and Blade took him down while pushing something into the back of Reinhardt's head, which made Jasmine cringe.

"Now you've got an explosive device stuck to the back of your head. Silver nitrate. Rigged to go off if anybody tampers with it. I'll have the detonator with me. And you-if you so much as look at me or Jasmine wrong-" Blade stopped and made Reinhardt scream in pain then blew, signaling he'd blow up.

Blade let him go and Reinhardt went back to the bloodpack.

Why'd Blade say my name? This is between him and them, not me.

"From now on we work as a unit. You'll be taking orders from me. Any questions?"

Nothing.

"Good. You want to catch the hunter? You start with the prey. We'll target all the night places where vampires congregate. Bloodbanks, safe houses. Bigger the better. So...what's first?" Blade asked Nyssa

"The House of Pain."

"Alright. Let's get ready."

Jasmine went up to her room to get ready. When she came back out all the guys stared out her.

"What?" She asked raising and eyebrow.

The bloodpack turned their heads the other way when they saw Blade looking at them. Blade turned his attention back to Jasmine.

"You're staying here."

"What? Why? I'm stuck in her day and night. I deserve to at least go out this one time."

"C'mon B, please."

"You get injured it's on you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Club