Status: Complete

Crazy Situations

Ch.3

The group arrived at The House of Pain thirty minutes later. While Blade and Nyssa talked the rest of the group was getting geared up.

".38, .45 and 9mm caliber. All with foil capsules at the tip filled with silver nitrate, and garlic extract. This hyper-velocity stake gun spits out a silver stake at six thousand feet per second. Since you suckers don't like sunlight we've modified the gun's entry with a UV filter. Pop it open- instant UV light." Whistler explained pointing the gun to Priest and he drew his weapon. "Filter's on, no problem."

"Yo, B, check this out. It's got a pneumatic syringe delivery system. The vials are filled with an anti-coagulant called EDTA. One punch with this, you'll blow your target up like a balloon. The cartridge ejects. Automatic reload."

"Nice."

"Let's go." Whistler said.

"You won't pass for one of us, no way." Chupa said walking past Blade and Whistler.

"Like I give a shit."

"No, he's right. Why don't you post up on the roof over there? Cover our backs."

"So the Bloodpack's calling the shots now, huh? Great."

"Better curb that dog of yours or we'll do it for you." Reinhardt said to Blade then went to Jasmine. "Let's go sweetheart. We'll show you a good time."

Jasmine jumped when she heard something beeping from him, which caused everyone to stare.

"Keep pushing, asshole. And Jasmine stays with Scud."

"You've got to be kidding me! I didn't dress like this just to sit in a van with Scud!"

Blade went to her and whispered in her ear, "I have my reasons. I'll tell you later."

With that Blade took off with the Bloodpack.

"C'mon J.J."

Once she was in the van Scud hopped in, shut the doors, opened up some Krispy Kreme donuts and made sure the communication lines were operating correctly.

"Scud, do you read me?" Blade's voice came through

"Yep. Reading loud and clear, B."

"The whole place is a safe house. The windows are painted black, one access door. two or three hundred suckheads in here.

"That sounds cool."

"Hey W, ya got me? W? Hey, tell me something, how's the weather up there sweetheart?"

"Walkin' on sunshine toad boy."

Scud hit the mute button on his end so nobody could hear him talk then looked over at Jasmine, who was in the front passenger seat.

"What's wrong J.J?"

"Hmm? Oh, nothing. Just thinking. It doesn't matter." She said getting up with a sigh and headed to Scud, who took a big bite out of a donut.

Jasmine went to take a donut and Scud lifted the box away from her.

"You said you didn't like sweets." Scud said with a mouthful.

"I haven't eaten anything all day Scud."

"That's not true, you had a cereal bar."

Scud unmuted his microphone and said, "I say we got about half and hour 'till sunrise, Cinderella. Hurry up." Then muted it again.

"I spotted one but lost it. Be one the lookout."

Suddenly something hit the bus making the power dim down.

"Fuck." He said with another mouthful of donut and headed to the front.

"Scud?"

"Just a sec J.J."

He flipped his high-powered UV lights on then shut them back off and went back to the back.

"Probably a drunk or the thunder." He said sitting back down.

"Ok. Now about those donuts."

"Here." He said holding the box out to her.

She was about to take on when he pulled the box back and grabbed her, making her sit on his lap.

"What do I get if I give you a couple?" He asked smirking.

"I won't call your inventions stupid behind your back again."

"You called my inventions stupid?"

"Yeah. But they've worked so far." She said and took a donut when he wasn't paying attention to the box anymore.

"Hey! I don't think you can have any of my donuts anymore."

She bit into it and smiled at him and he leaned forward and took a bite while smirking.

"I forgot to tell you how hot you are in this dress. You have no idea what it's doing to me."

"Oh, but I think I do." Jasmine said talking about his friend that was poking her thigh.

"That's just the start." He said pulling Jasmine closer before he started kissing and nipping her neck hungrily while running his left hand down her leg.

"Scud, we've got a job to do." She said holding back a moan.

Then something hit the van again from the top this time. Scud unmuted his microphone again and said with slight panic, "Whistler, man, they're on the roof. There on the roof of my bus."

No response.

"What's on the roof?"

"These extreme suckheads. They suck the vampires dry then head for the humans." Scud said taking the safety off of the guns. "Stay put."

Scud opened the doors and jumped out into the pouring rain. Jasmine walked to the doors and looked around to see anything unusual. She jumped when she heard these weird screeching noises. Jasmine was about to jump out when Scud rounded the door and jumped in shutting the doors quickly. Then there was pounding, scratching, and screeching at the door.

"Scud what the hell is that?" She asked panicked.

"They're the things we're trying to kill. Stay behind me."

"What are we going to do!?"

"I don't know. Get to the front now!"

Jasmine got to the front and Scud shot at his small window that was on top of the bus. Then he came to the front.

"Why'd you do that?"

"There was one at the window."

"You just gave us a death sentence Scud! Now they've got a way to get in!"

"Jasmine, just shut up for a minute so I can think!" Scud snapped at her.

Jasmine was taken aback by what he just did. He never said her full name or snapped at her like that. These extreme suckheads were by the passenger and driver doors and one jumped on the hood in front of the windshield.

"Oh, shit! Scud!"

"I know! I know!" He said with just as much panic as her

"Come on you stupid thing crank over!" Jessica yelled as Scud kept trying to get it to start.

The windshield started getting smashed and the bus finally roared to life. Scud stepped on the gas petal and hit a brick wall, pinning the thing. Sparks flew from the UV overhead lights as everything got quiet for a minute. Jasmine and Scud looked at each other breathing heavily from adrenaline.

"It's still alive!" Jasmine said as the thing started moving again.

"Have some daylight, motherfucker!" Scud said turning the key and hitting the switch.

"Scud, the lights aren't coming on!"

"Dammit."

The thing started pushing its head through the broken window as the others came from the roof window. Jasmine sunk into the floorboard and Scud went down too trying to shield her. There was no way out, they were stuck.

"Try hot wiring the bus or something!"

Scud quickly worked on hot wiring the bus to get it working again. Sparks flew from the wires and before Scud could flip the switch the thing grabbed his coat and started pulling him.

"The lights! Hit the switch!"

Jasmine hit the switch and the thing let go of Scud and blew up. The others started running way from the light leaving Jasmine and Scud terrified.

"Do you think the others are having the same problem?"

It took Scud a second to let the words sink in before he grabbed his earpiece that fell out during the struggle.

"Listen to me. If you're under attack, use your UV lights. Use your UV lights. They can't take the light."

"Son of a bitch." Scud said letting out a breath.

Jasmine chuckled a little and Scud looked at her.

"What's so funny?"

"This." She said motioning to herself. "I'm sprawled out in the floorboard, you have a great view up my dress and you're not doing anything."

"Trust me J.J, if we weren't just attacked I'd jump you here and now." He said chuckling too.

The both of them jumped when the driver side was opened by Whistler. Jasmine closed her legs, sat up and glared at Whistler.

"Where the hell were you? You your supposed to be watching our back!" Jasmine yelled angerily.

"I got something to show everybody. Come on."

Jasmine and Scud followed Whistler into The House of Pain and to the others.

"If that was you Bloodpack Sunday punch, we're in trouble." Whistler said.

"This motherfucker left his post! He just disappeared." Scud said furious.

"We almost got killed because he wasn't watching our backs!" Jasmine chimed in.

"Where were you?" Blade asked.

"Ran into a little reaper action myself.

"Oh, yeah? How little? We lost a man. Priest. You want me to carve his fucking name on your chest?" Chupa asked putting a hand on Whistler's face then walking away.

"Let me show you."

They followed Whistler down to the culvert area.

"Saw him moving in the alley and followed it down. Found it just like this. I think they came through here. It was trying to crawl back through the culvert. Caught his arm. Been gnawing at it like a coyote." Whistler explained.

"Little boy blue." Reinhardt said getting ready to put the UV on it.

Nyssa stopped him and said, "It's already dying. I need to examine it as quickly as possible."

"Ok. Look for a lever. Let's open it."

Blade, you've lost your damn mind.

One of the Bloodpacks found the lever and it opened. They secured the thing before it could scurry away. Blade went down in the culvert and looked around. Scud wrapped one arm around Jasmine's waist and walked her out of The House of Pain. She and Scud got into the bus to wait for the others.

"Man, what am I supposed to do with this now?"

"For starters you could finish off the windshield while I clean up the glass in the back."

"You've got to be kidding me."

"Nope."

Scud started chipping away the broken windshield while Jasmine cleaned the glass from the back. Scud looked over to her and saw her bent over and he couldn't help but groan. Jasmine stood up and looked at Scud questionably.

"Did you hurt yourself?"

"No. But your hurting me with the way you're bent over like that." He said smirking.

Jasmine rolled her eyes and started cleaning again until the back doors opened to reveal Blade.

"The Reaper is riding with you two."

"What? Hell no, B."

"Chupa, Lighthammer, and Verlaine will be with you."

They loaded the Reaper into the bus and the designated vampires climbed in too. Scud started the bus and drove them to the warehouse. Once they were there Blade helped them get the Reaper out and put him in the holding room until it died.