Status: Complete

Crazy Situations

Ch.4

Blade and Scud put the dead Reaper on one of the workbenches so Nyssa could examine it. Jasmine turned on and held a flashlight for Nyssa while she had surgical scissors.

"Open the mouth, Scud." Nyssa commanded.

He let of a 'yeah right' chuckle.

"Open the mouth."

"B, come on." He pleaded.

"Sissy." He taunted.

Scud took a deep breath and opened the mouth slowly for Nyssa.

"Only the tongue carries the virus. It is injected through these barbs. It has bifurcated masseter muscles. Overdeveloped, allowing for a much stronger bite. The jaw structure remains the same. But there's no mandible bone. Squeeze that tooth, Scud."

He slowly squeezed it and a yellow liquid started coming out of it. Nyssa put some on her gloved finger and smelt it.

Gross.

"Neurotoxin. Probably paralyzes their victim while they feed."

She then took a scalpel knife and opened the chest up.

"Garlic don't work. Silver, that don't work. We gotta go with the sunlight though. Right?"

"That's deadly to us, too. So let's see what else we can find."

Jasmine had to turn her head away when this yellow like venom blood came seeping out of the cut Nyssa was producing.

"Don't change that damn channel. Either watch it or come over here." Jasmine snapped at Chupa who was getting ready to change it.

He backed up glaring at Jasmine. Jasmine looked at Scud when he elbowed her.

"What?"

"Don't."

"These things are as different from us as we are from you." Nyssa said taking out the chest cavity.

Reinhardt whistled as Jasmine tried not to blow chunks.

"Look at that. The heart is encased in bone. Only the side is vulnerable."

"Good luck getting a stake through that." Whistler commented.

"Pull a leg off a spider, it keeps moving on it's own, essentially trying to walk without a body attached to it."

Nyssa picked up a knife and Scud asked, "What the fuck are you doing?"

"Hard-wired, right?" She asked slicing her finger open.

She let a few drops of blood drop on to the stomach and the stomach started contracted a little, making everyone jump. Jasmine backed up and headed up the stairs to get calm her stomach down.

"What the fuck is that?" Scud asked.

"Brain's dead. Body's still trying to feed. We got six hours before sunrise. Be ready by then." Blade said walking away to the stairs.

"Hey... What happens at sunrise?" Asad asked following him. "Blade, I'm talking to you. What happens at sunrise?"

"We hunt."

"In broad daylight?"

"You gotta be fucking joking." Reinhardt said.

"You better get you some sunscreen, buttercup."

"Listen shitkicker. You're about one cunt hair away from hillbilly heaven." Chupa threatened.

"I love it when you talk dirty." Whistler said.

"Sunlight's the only edge we've got. They'll be more vulnerable then.

"And so will we."

"Let's be real about one thing-I don't expect everybody to make it back to protect yourselves...at all times." Blade said and finished climbing the steps.

A few minutes past before Jasmine heard a knock on her door. She got up from her bed and opened to reveal Blade on the other side.

"What's wrong?"

"I need to talk to you." He said coming in.

Jasmine shut the door and he turned around to face her.

"Have you figured it out yet?"

"Figured what out?" She asked confused with her arms crossed and sat on her bed.

Blade sighed looking at her and said, "You're having a baby."

Jasmine's heart stopped and went into her throat cutting off her air supply. Didn't Scud and her use protection? They could have used protection and something malfunctioned. How did Blade know if she was having a baby or not?

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Didn't I make myself clear? You're having a baby. I can smell it, the other vampire's can smell it."

Jasmine put her left hand over her stomach to see if she felt anything. And there was a very tiny bulge.

"Is that why you were being over protective of me? And is that why those suckheads were looking at me like I was dinner?"

Blade just nodded and Jasmine finally broke down crying.

"What am I supposed to do? The baby can't be born and raised in a warehouse. How am I going to tell Scud that he's the father?"

"I'll let you sort this out. I've got to go." He said leaving the room.

Jasmine wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. She moved to her nightstand and picked up the framed picture. It was her and Scud at one of the night clubs that they frequently went to. They were celebrating because Scud finally got a job. The two of them had a drink in there hand while Scud's right arm was around her shoulder pulling her into him. They had the biggest smiles on their faces. Jasmine threw it at a wall and the frame broke. She didn't hate Scud but breaking something always helped clear her mind.

Jasmine walked out of her room just in time to hear Scud say, "No. I'm a lover, not a fighter."

Jasmine shook her head at that. She couldn't count how many times he's said that and got beat for it only to turn around and beat the shit out of the attacker. He was a fighter when he had to be.

No one knew that she even came out of her room yet, so she just leaned on the railing and watched everybody suit up. Son everyone was gone except for Jasmine and Scud. Jasmine let out and inaudible and headed down the steps.

"Hey J.J." She was greeted when both her feet hit the concrete.

"Hi Scud."

"What's wrong J.J?" He asked taking a hit.

"Nothing's wrong. I'm fine."

"Ya sure?" he asked putting out his joint.

"Yes."

He wrapped his arms around her waist and put his head on her shoulder. Jasmine turned around in his arms and kissed him. She couldn't take it anymore, she actually wanted to be with him.

"Whoa, J.J. I'm not complaining or anything but what was that for?"

"Scud, I can't take it anymore."

Scud kissed her and she wrapped her arms around his neck tightly. Before she could comprehend on what was going on Scud swiped his arm to clear the workbench and lay her down on it.

"J.J, this isn't some type of trick, right?"

"No Scud." She said pulling on his hand to bring his lips closer hers.

He kissed her again quickly before he moved to her jaw line then to her neck. He heard Jasmine moan and he came back to reality.

"Scud what's wrong?"

He couldn't answer her because the security system started sounding. Jasmine heard one of the monitors being thrown so she turned around. And when she turned around someone put a cloth filled with chloroform over her mouth. She tried to get away but the more she struggled the weaker her body became.

"Be easy with her!" Was the last thing she heard before she passed out.

When she came to she was in a big spacious room with lasers pointed at her. She looked around and saw Blade waking up too.

"Scud?" Jasmine asked slowly getting up off the floor.

"Right here, J.J."

She went to Scud and hugged him for dear life. She saw Blade pat himself down for weapons but Whistler said, "They took 'em. All our weapons. Even your sword. Somebody's been keeping tabs on us from the inside."

"Where are we?" Blade asked in a raspy voice.

"Some kind of chamber deep in their layer."

"They smashed up everything-the workshop, all of it." Scud said.

"They been lying to us from day one. The reaper strain didn't evolve...it was designed."

"What?" Blade and Jasmine said in unison.

"Designed. Nomak told me. Saw him back in the sewer. He let me live."

"Did he? How generous of him. I brought you here to see the fruits of our labor." A voice came.

Scud pushed Jasmine behind him, he knew what Damaskinos was capable of. A compartment opened up and revealed hundreds of embryos.

"For years I've struggled to rid our kind of any hereditary weaknesses. And so, recombining DNA... was simply the next logical step. Nomak was the first. A failure. But in time, there woll be a new pure race, begotten from my own flesh, immune to silver, soon even sunlight."

"I got a question for you, you lying son of a bitch. You wanna explain how Nomak got a hold of this ring?" Whistler said then tossed the ring to Damaskinos.

Nyssa picked it up and looked at her father for an explanation.

"I would have thought that was obvious at this point. I gave it to him, of course. A gift from father to son."

He does experiments on his own vampire children?!

Nyssa walked away in anger and Damaskinos left too.

"I thought he'd never leave." Reinhardt said and raised his weapon.

He shot Blade in the leg and smacked Whistler in the face with it.

"The wolf has lain with the sheep long enough."

Jasmine saw Scud's demeanor change.

"Reinhardt, you can kiss your ass goodbye."

There was a beeping noise and Scud laughed.

"Scud what the hell?" Jasmine said.

"I'm sorry man. B, you're wasting your time, man. The bombs a dud. It was never supposed to explode. It was just supposed to make you feel in control." Scud said air quoting control.

"You-you're with them?" Jasmine asked.

"I'm sorry J.J."

"The hell you are." She said with tears in her eyes.

"You thought you had me on a short leash, didn't ya jefe?" Reinhardt said then took the device out from his head. "Much better." He then tossed it to Scud.

While Scud was informing Blade and beating Whistler it finally dawned on Jasmine when he became a familiar. It was when he was gone for a month.

"You bastard! You said you had a job in another town for a month. What else have you been lying about?!"

"J.J."

"No! Don't call me that!" She said marching to him.

"But-"

She slapped him hard and Reinhardt actually flinched.

"How could you? I never thought my best friend would actually help the vampires out! Tell me three years ago, when we went camping. You knew those two vampire girls were going to do that, didn't you?"

Scud didn't respond.

"And you had me come along. For what? To get sucked dry or for me to beg them to become a pet?"

Still nothing.

"Answer me Scud!"

"Yes, I knew they were going to do that. No they weren't going to hurt you, they were ordered not to."

"Why were they ordered?" Jasmine asked getting more angry by the second.

"Because I put in a request ok! I didn't want you to get hurt!"

"Well look at where that's got me now! I'm going to die here now!" She wiped the tears out of her eyes. "Me and the baby." She whispered.

"What?" Scud asked dumbfounded.

"I'm pregnant with your child Scud. Blade smelt something different about me and told me."

Scud reached for Jasmine but she backed away from him.

"You've chosen your fate Scud."

He dropped the device and went after Jasmine. He grabbed her arm spinning her around shoving her head into his chest.

"I'm so sorry I got you into this J.J. I-I love you."

And the waterfall of tears came out of he eyes as she hugged him tightly.

"All do I'll I can to get you outta here." He whispered into her ear so only she could hear.