Status: I hope you enjoy the read! Please leave me feedback and let me know what you think! If you recommend and subscribe, I will do the same for you! :)

Pumpkin Head

1/1

Pumpkin Head

“Oh Death. Ooooohhhh Deeeaaath. Oh Death. Won’t you spare me over another year?”
Stab. Slice. Carve. Peel.
Eric sits alone at his kitchen table carving his next masterpiece for Halloween. Newspapers spread out, carving tools scattered on the table, and his favorite song playing on CD, “Oh Death” by Jen Titus.
“But what is that I can’t see, with ice cold hands taking hold of me?”
“When God is gone and the devil takes hold, who’ll have mercy on your soul? Oh Death.”
Lost in the song completely, Eric carves in rhythm to the song as chunks fly past him, making a mess on the floor.
Stab. Slice. Carve. Peel.
The same rhythm over and over again.
“No wealth. No ruin. No silver. No gold. Nothing satisfies me but your… but your… but your…” “Stupid CD player.” Eric walks over to the machine. Pound. Pound. Pound. Noticing it is 8:17, he wonders why his wife Clarissa isn’t home yet.
“Nothing satisfies me but your soul. Oh Death.”
Shrugging his shoulders, he thinks to himself, “She is probably picking up dinner on her way home from work or something” and continues carving away. Eric’s cheeks beam red as he thinks of how excited Clarissa will be to see his masterpiece.
“Well, I am Death. None can Excel. I’ll open the door to Heaven or Hell. Oh Death.”
Stab. Slice. Carve. Peel.
A bead of sweat rolls down his brow and his burnt-orange stained hand wipes it away in instinct, leaving bits and pieces of goo on his face.
Stab. Slice. Carve. Peel.
As the song comes close to an end, Eric glances down at his masterpiece. Golden locks of hair stained red, chunks of goo splattered everywhere. Eye sockets dark and never ending. There lies the head of Clarissa; however it is no longer Clarissa. It is now a hollowed piece of skull with chunks of skin hanging randomly. The jaw is unhinged; portraying what would look perfectly like a Jack-o’-lantern. Completely satisfied with his masterpiece, Eric grabs his black candle, lights it, and places it inside. “Finally finished.” he says through a smile.
“My name is Death and the end is here. My name is Death and the end is here.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading the story! I cannot wait to see some feedback!!