Status: This writing is a bit dated. It'll progressively improve through the series.

Pandemic

The Man and the Beast

00:34 Hrs September 12th

Unknown location, Northern Desert

A man fought his way through the violent winds, his eyes protected by glasses, the rest of his face covered by a faded red cloth. "Why do I always get stuck with the dirty work?" He paused. "Whatever. This spot's as good as any." He pulled out what looked like a short barrel revolver. Pointing it straight up the man pulled the trigger. There was a plume of smoke as a red light shot up into the sky. The light disappeared immediately.

"Damn. The sand's snuffing out the flames. I'll have to wait for the wind to settle." He placed the gun back in an internal pocket of his jacket and continued on in search of some kid he had never met before.

Eventually the storm subsided, and the night became clear. The man pulled out the gun once more and lifted it up. Something caught his eye as he did so. A pale white figure was stealthily slipping through the wasteland. Though it was a good distance away he knew exactly what it was. But what is one of those doing all the way out here? The answer came to him immediately. The kid.

He crept behind it, roughly 50 yards away, and drew out a pistol from another internal pocket, stuffing the flare gun back inside. Lining up the sights with the creature he hesitated to fire. Why shoot it now? Why not let it lead me to the kid, then kill it? The man trailed behind, a safe distance from it.
♠ ♠ ♠
short chapter. dont you feel awesome reading a chapter in such little time?