Status: Hopefully you'll love it.

Lady of Sparta

In the Past

I woke up in the bed the next day. I was hoping for my hotel room, but I was in the small house. I didn’t know if I should be excited that I was in another country or freaked out that I don’t seem to understand what was going on. I yawned trying to rub the sleep from my eyes. I listened to see if I was alone. I hadn’t brought up the courage to look into the other room. Aristides slept in the private room. He tried to talk to me a little bit, but I didn’t know what to say.

I heard the door start to creak open. Aristides walks through the door, followed by a man with light brown hair and a woman with bright red hair. The man’s eyes were a stunning shade of green that would make any woman melt under his gaze. His smile seemed to warm the area. The red haired woman had dark green eyes that seemed to search for any signs of wounds on me.

I still didn’t understand what was going on. I knew something was off, and I didn’t know what to feel. It seemed like a dream, but I would have woken up by now, right? This was too vivid to be a dream, so I was unsure about what I was going to do. The thought of the trees were popping into my thoughts, but what did they have to do with this?

“I’m Germaine Cato, and this is Embry Carson. We are from Atlantis,” she said in a comforting voice. The way she talked made me feel like I was a child. Maybe I was to her. “I’m a nurse while Embry takes care of people who stepped through time lapses by mistake. We are here to see if we can get you back to your time.”

“I’m Gemma Blaton.” I gave her my name with a friendly smile. I wasn’t comfortable with the stares that I was getting from Embry though. His eyes seemed to want to undress me and have me under him. He gave me seductive smile. I had to admit I was more uncomfortable under his stare than any other guys’. It made me want to disappear into the wall or at least out of his sight.

Aristides gave me a strange look. He seemed to see that I was uncomfortable, but he couldn’t tell from what. I didn’t know why he was worried about me. He hadn’t even met until a day ago, and that’s giving him some extra hours. Maybe he was just protective over women. Or maybe he didn’t like people being uncomfortable.

“What time do you come from?” Embry asked, jumping directly into the questions. He sat down on some sort of crate to look at me.

“I come from 2013,” I answered. I wanted to know what was going on, and I tried to ignore the unwanted stares from Embry. I didn’t know how to stop him from looking at me anyways.

“Oh, Aristides. You told me she didn’t know about time lapses,” Embry said, turning to look at the Spartan. His green eyes search the man’s face, trying to see what he was feeling.

Aristides shrugged his shoulders. He didn’t even know what was going on. He gave me some apologetic looks like he couldn’t help it. He was trying to help, or maybe he didn’t know they were going to be here. He was probably as confused as I was.

“Wait! What is a time lapse?” I asked, realizing what was going on. I didn’t understand what they were talking about. Would it have anything to do with going through time?

“You walked through one of the oldest time lapses around, Gemma. It appears as a group of trees before sending whatever it is inside back before disappearing. The time lapse that you walked into is known as the Magic Lapse because it only works on a certain day of the year, and it’s never to the same time,” Embry explained. “Or at least we think that it was the Magic Lapse. If not, you’re in good luck.”

“Was the time lapse surrounded by trees?” Germaine asked as she sat down next to me. She seemed to want to look at my arm, but she was going to wait. “And have a high air pressure?”

I nodded my head. I was still kind of confused, but they were talking about a time lapse. I started putting two and two together. Or at least I was trying to. I didn’t really know what a time lapse was, but I was assuming it had something to do with sending people through time. “I’m in the… past? This is ancient Sparta. There year is what? 362 B.C.?”

“Well, it’s actually 360 B.C., but give it two years,” Embry teased, giving me a wink.

I was shocked. I couldn’t believe that I was in the past. I was surrounded by things and by people that I didn’t know. I only knew what I learned in school, but how would they know what was going on? They weren’t sent into the past like I was. I realized that this had to be fake until I pulled my phone and tried to turn it on. It came on because the battery was in it, but I didn’t have any service. I also couldn’t get on to the internet. The only reason why it wouldn’t be able to get onto the web would be because of the fact there was nothing to support it.

I tossed it to the side. This couldn’t be a coincidence. There was no way that it would be possible, but yet, here I was stuck in 360 B.C. I was only hoping that I could go back to my own time. This wasn’t where I belonged. This was like a culture shock for me. Would it be called a time shock?

“Can you get her back to the right time?” Aristides asked. He didn’t sound annoyed in having me here. It was just that he seemed to know what was on my thoughts.

“I don’t know. I would have to talk to Gaston, but that’s all I can do. She walked through Magic Lapse. I’m surprised she is still alive,” Embry answered. “That one has a nasty habit of making people sick.”

“Well, you know how Magic Lapse is. It’s not just randomly choosing which time you go, but it also draws certain people there like there is a reason why it has to go back to a certain time,” Germaine pointed out. “Remember one time when the kid saved Acacius from drowning. He came from Germany I believe. He went on about how he felt like he had to be in Sparta at a certain time.”

I was surprised at hearing this. The supposed Magic Lapse called to me from Florida and wanted me here in Sparta. What would I need to do in ancient Sparta? I didn’t have the body strength to save a man from drowning. Why would I need to save someone?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait! I do hope you like the update. Yes, I changed my username from Theo Rossi; to Scandinavia.