Written in the Stars

Day Seven: Cosplaying

“Come on River!” I shouted racing out of the bed room. “Let’s go find adventure.” John and Mrs. Hudson were in the living room as I raced in. Dressed in a pink blouse, a tweed jacket with elbow patches, suspenders, trousers, and a fez I froze seeing them sitting in the chairs. “Never mind, it seems to have found us.” They laughed and I turned to look back down the hall. “River?”

John smirked, “It’s seems you’ve lost your wife, Doctor.”

I frowned, rubbing my hands together, “She must have wandered off somewhere between here and the Tardis. She does that all the time, kind of annoying, but I kind of like it. I really shouldn’t, it encourages her.”

“You should probably go fetch him- I mean her.” Mrs. Hudson smiled.

“No she’ll be fine,” I said turning around again. “Now I heard this is the home of Sherlock Holmes, Consulting Promise Breaker. Don’t tell him I'm here, I owe him a fish.”

“Oh he’ll hold you to that,” John laughed.

I pointed at him, “but he won’t keep his own promises. I once promised assist in an experiment and in exchange he would Cosplay with me.”

“What happened?”

“Well there’s a reason I call him the Consulting Promise Breaker.”

“I’m here are you happy?” I spun around to see Sherlock standing in the threshold. He was wearing one of River’s iconic outfits. The top of the dress was fitted to his muscular but lean form but was loose and flouncy under the thick leather belt around his waist. Black leggings and boots completed the look but the pissed off look on his face was what made John nearly pee himself from laughing so hard.

“Oh good, you’re back,” I smiled racing over too his side. “Rule twenty-three: Don’t wonder off.”

“Let me guess,” He sighed in annoyance, “I’m supposed to say something along the lines of ‘whatever you say Doctor. You’re the alien time traveler or whatever.’”

“Oh dear,” I chuckled, breaking character. “Sherlock, you really need to watch Doctor Who.”