I'll Go Dig Myself Up

New Neighbors

Cory

"Genis,get back here,now!"I yelled at my one year old Corgi. He quickly turned around and came back to me before I clipped his leash to his light blue collar.

"Okay,Nis,we can go now." I smiled down at him. He barked in response and headed back out the open door that I locked before closing. I lit up a cigarette before heading down the steps and onto the sidewalk where Genis lead the way down the block and onto the next one before we started circling.

Once we got back to the house,I noticed some guys moving in next door and one of then looked familiar.

"Hey,Zacky!"I called,walking over.

"Oh,Hey Cory.What are you doing here?"

"Oh,I live right there."I said pointing to my small house.

"Awesome! Yeah,me and my friend Jimmy are moving in here."

"That's cool."I smiled as Genis barked.

"And who is this little guy?"Zacky smiled,getting down on one knee where Genis jumped up on him.

"This is Genis."I smiled down at them.

"He's a friendly little fella,isn't he?Well,i gotta get back to helping the guys."

"Oh.Sorry to keep you. Umm...since you guys are just moving in,would you like to come over for dinner? All out you guys are welcome." I said looking at the other four guys.

"That sounds great."

"Cool,see ya guys around seven then?"

After he agreed,I headed back inside with Genis before I looked in the kitchen for something to make.

"Genis,wanna go outside?" I cooed before he came running to the back door.

giggling at him,I let him into my decent sized backyard before I left to go to the store. I got back home about twenty minutes later and just sat around for a while before making chicken,mashed potatoes,gravy,rolls,and cooked carrots for dinner. It was about 6:45 and i was setting the table when the door bell rang,making Genis run to the door barking.

"Genis,Chill out dude!"I laughed opening the door.

"Hey,Zacky. Come on in everyone. Dinner's just about ready."I smiled holding Genis back.

"Genis,go lay down." I said,and he took off running upstairs.

"Cory,let me introduce you to my best friends.Matt,Brian,Johnny,and Jimmy."He smiled gesturing to each of the guys that sat around my living room at the moment.

"Hey,Im Cory."I smiled,giving a small wave.

"So,how do you know Zacky?"Matt asked,as I sat down on the arm of the couch.

"He's my boss. I'm part of the design team as well as a model for VU."

"Oh,that's cool. Not surpirising that you're a model there."Johnny commented.

"Hey! No hitting on my models dude."Zacky laughed,saking Johnny in the back on the head lightly.

"Sooo...who's hungry?" I smiled as I got up and walked to the kitchen.

"Food!!"

Jimmy and Brian yelled running in the kitchen behind me and quickly sitting at the table,the rest of them following. I heard small paws running across the hardwood floors then stop. I turned to the doorway to see my cute little pup peeking in head around the corner into the room.

"Come on Genis. Dinner time."I smiled at him. He barked and ran over to his bowl waiting. I filled it up before bringing food to the table with Zacky's help.

"You guy want anything to drink? I've got beer,water,Coke,and Dr.Pepper."

I got a reply of beer all around.I smiled to myself,thinking that it was I good idea that I picked some up,just in case.

"She's good,Zacky. Keep her around."Jimmy told him."Here,let me help you."

He came over the fridge and I slightly bummed into him when i turned around.

"Oh,sorry."I said,finally getting a good look at him.

Man,he was tall! Also,,attractive,very attractive. His spiky black hair looked so soft,and there was a hint of black liner around his steel blue eyes that were one of the prettiest shade of blue I'd ever seen.

"No big deal. Just came to help you,fair maiden." He smiled.

"Why,thank you good sir."I grinned as he took some of the cans from my arms.

"Well,go ahead and dig in guys."I said once Jimmy and I were sitting back at the table.

About 30 minutes later,everyone was done and all of the food was gone. I couldn't help but steal glances at Jimmy as he sat to my left through dinner. The guys seemed to enjoy their food too much to pay any attention,or so I thought.

"Damn,that was sooo good!"Brian exclaimed sitting back in his chair.

"Agreed.I don't think I've ever had a home cooked meal taste that good."Johnny replied.

"Better not let Lacey hear that." Matt laughed.

"Speaking of Lacey,we should probably get going guys."

After that,all the guys got ready to leave and I walked them to the door.

"It was nice meeting you guys."I smiled,following them out and lighting a smoke.

"Oh,smoke break,eh?" Brian grinned as everyone else light up as well on my porch.

Once we all done,Matt,Johnny,and Brian took off.

"Well,I'm gonna head home too. See you tomorrow,Cory."

"Later Boss man."I smirked.

"Jimmy,you coming?"

"Oh,I was gonna stay here and help her clean up.I mean if that's cool with you?"

"It's fine with me."I agreed.

With that Zacky took off to his house next door and Jimmy and I headed inside to clean up everything.