Status: Updates as often as possible

The One That Got Away?

Surprise, Surprise

Meagan walked into the house to find Sidney and his teammates gathered around Lorie, fawning over her. They were all gathered around the kitchen table talking amongst each other, listening to Lorie intently as she talked. She could see the remainder of whatever they had eaten for lunch still sitting in front of each of them. Why did all of them like Lorie so much? Most importantly, why was Sidney fawning along with them? Hadn't he told the rest of his teammates about Lorie and her attitude? If not, why hadn't he? Meagan knew the only way to keep the guys from thinking she was mean was to day other them with kindness. She was determined to win them over, in the past they never suspected anything. She dropped her keys in the bowl in the entry way causing all eyes to land on her and she walked toward them. Sidney paled and looked nervous about how his fiancé would react the situation playing out in front of her. Lorie's face became hard and guarded, an expression Meagan was accustomed to. Meagan and Lorie knew how to play the game, they just had to make sure it was flawless to keep the guys from catching on to them.

"If I had known you guys were coming over I would have stayed home to prepare something." Meagan replied sweetly.

"It's honestly no trouble, you deserve to get out anyway." Lorie replied with a fake smile.

"If anyone deserves to get out it's you Lorie. She really works too hard. Her dive and dedication is something we can only aspire to obtain someday." Meagan commented with a dazzling smile of her own.

"You're too kind." Lorie was laying it on think. She was familiar with the dance they played when people were around.

"How are you guys doing? Excited for the preseason?" Meagan asked the hockey players in front of her.

"Very." Geno replied sweetly.

"Have you made any wedding plans?" James asked curiously.

"Not that Lorie is here I finally have someone that can help me. I'm so excited for my sis to help me out!" Meagan replied excited.

"I'm so excited to help you. I honestly love weddings!" Lorie replied. They guys thought Meagan and Lorie had a great relationship, but Sidney picked up on the fact that they were acting rather strange.

"You maid of honor?" Geno asked.

"No, my sister Chantal is; but Lorie is a bridesmaid." Meagan supplied.

"Fun." Fleury commented smiling like the Cheshire Cat.

"I can see you went through the trouble of a wedding." Lorie smiled at the goalie.

"Yes, I did. It was worth every second of it." He said back. Lorie could tell that he was devoted to his wife, just from looking at him fondly gazing at the ring on his left ring finger. She only hoped for a love like theirs one day. Her parents loved one another but we're not in love with each other. She had never seen true love firsthand, and as she grew older, she doubted it's existence. The love that Marc-Andre and his wife shared was a glimmer of hope for Lorie, that one day she would find the love she sought.

The group made chit-chat for a while longer until the guys had to leave, just leaving the three roommates. The tension between the stepsisters was palpable, Sidney could cut it with a knife. Meagan announced she was going to take a shower after Sid suggested they all go out to dinner. Meagan made her footsteps up the stairs rather loud to let everyone know she wasn't very happy. Lorie felt it was childish, but then again, that was Meagan.

~
Sidney let out a frustrated sigh and turned to Lorie who was turned away from him. She was washing dishes and stayed deatly quiet. She had not changed from her jeans and t-shirt, which he thought was remarkable considering g most girls changed umptine times per day. Her hair fell lose around her shoulders holding a slight curl. Her small and thin hands were visible as they washed each plate. He walked up behind her and leaned against the opposite counter. They were close enough to be aware of each other's presence but not close enough to feel anything from the other.

"I'm sorry. I know that Meagan and I can be very... intense." Lorie said quietly. Placing a plate on the counter to dry. Sidney took a deep breath, the smell of vanilla radiating from her.

"I don't know the full story to understand why you both are so tense." Sidney admired still looking at her back.

"It's not my place." Lorie admired quietly.

"I don't see how it isn't."

"I'm not engaged to you or involved with you, so I don't see how your opinion of me matters." Lorie admitted.

"Why would you say something like that? You are important." Sidney argued stepping closer to her.

Lorie scoffed at his promising words. "How...noble of you." She replied setting the next dish to dry.

Sidney walked up beside her, his shoulder grazing hers and picked up a dish rag to dry the dishes she washed. It all felt domestic. Them washing dishes together, her standing in casual clothing, children running around. The only thing missing was the diamond on her left hand, the one Meagan was wearing. Sidney shook his head as if to clear the thoughts of a life with Lorie. HE WAS ENGAGED TO HER SISTER! He needed to stop thinking of her like that, he couldn't afford to. She wasn't his to think of, she never would be. His fantasy of life had always been with Meagan, until her sister had shown up. She was a curveball he wasn't sure how to deal with yet.

They washed dishes in silence until all of them were done and stacked beside Sidney. Lorie took a few steadying breaths before turning her head in his direction. She met his chocolate eyes and became lost in them, they held so much truth and promise. She forced heref to maintain his gaze as he looked down at her. He looked at her large expressive eyes and noticed that she had a tendril of hair caught in her glasses frame. He raised his hand to remove it and heard her sharp inhale. Her hair was soft and natural. He slowly lowered the curl back down to its original place. He gave her a warm smile then backed a step away. He needed to get away from her. Her aura was too much for him, and his sanity needed a chance to heal.

"I'll go check on Meagan." He announced, and the spell was instantly broken. The connection gone, and Lorie's walls rebuilt. I
♠ ♠ ♠
It's not proofread and it's short! I an on updating tomorrow, but wanted to get this out for you guys... COMMENT AND SUSCRIBE!!! Much love!!!