Status: Updates as often as possible

The One That Got Away?

A Walk to Remember

Lorie and James set out of the restaurant and began walking down the streets of Pittsburgh. The sun had almost set and there was a slight breeze. The orange sunset was dancing off the shops facades, illuminating the street much like the candles at dinner. Lorie's brown hair was glittering gold, her eyes shimmering with life. James looked down at the petite girl next to him affectionately. He was shocked at his attraction to her, she was so unlike all the other women he had dated in the past. She was thin, yes, but she wasn't blonde and very rarely wore makeup. In a way she was a breath of fresh air, beautiful in every way. She was stunning in the girl next door type of way. James had always believed that the girl next door type was bad, but now he was seriously reconsidering.

Lorie smiled at James as he walked close to her, in a comfortable silence. She was between a rock and a hard place. She didn't want to give him the wrong message, but she enjoyed his company. He was sweet and kind and not compilicated. Between Meagan and Sidney she felt like she was going insane. The hate she felt for Meagan was intense and the confusing feelings she had for Sidney were all becoming too much. Did she even feel anything for Sidney? How could she? He was engaged to her sister. No matter what happened she couldn't betray her sister, even if they were at odds. It was painful growing up, but Lorie had always suspected her father had cheated on her mother. Her stepmom aquired that title all too quick, it was very suspicious. Lorie had always resented her new mother for that. Even though she felt more for Sindey then she had for others, it wasn't right to betray Megan. Lorie resented people who cheated and promised she would never become one.

Lorie knew with time she would aquire feelings for James. Why would she pass up an incredible relationship with a man who had obvious feelings for her? She knew that James was sweet and she would learn to love him right?

Lorie looked back up at James affectionately, smiling at his grin. She moved closer to him, enjoying the heat of his body. He put his arm next to hers but wasn't bold enough to take it yet.

"So, I may be wrong, but I noticed some tension between you and Meagan?" James questioned Lorie. She gave a wry smile up at him.

"Could you knock it up to sibling rivalry?" She asked playfully.

"Um...No, I don't believe it for a second." James chuckled.

"It's a complicated relationship we share." Lorie commented. She wanted to tell him, but it wasn't as easy as it was with Sidney, he was so easy to talk to, so easy to confide in.

"Care to elaborate?" He asked not satisfied with her answers.

"Meagan and I never saw eye to eye, so I moved to school in France and don't visit with family." Lorie said trying to give him a little without giving her story away.

"So why are you here?" He questioned bluntly.

"My father's insistence." She repleid.

"I see. On to less daunting topics, like your favorite color." He asked smirking and she giggled.

"My favorite color?" She scoffed. "It's purple, more specifically dark purple. Yours?" She asked through a laugh.

"I am a complex man, with several favorite colors." He responded. She laughed at his joke.

As the two walked conversation flowed freely as they walked toward the heart of the city. They would bump into one another every once in awhile, but nothing more than that. Lorie had a smile on her face the entire night, she was having fun.
An ice cream parlor was coming up ahead and James got a wicked grin on his face.

"Ice cream?" He asked. Lorie smiled and nodded her head.

~
Sidney and Meagan ended up going to see some chick flick that Sidney couldn't seem to focus on. Meagan had her hand clasped in his and he couldn't help but feel like it was the good ole' days. Back to the days they were dating, before he had ever heard of Lorie Jhonson. Life was so much easier back then, he had no conflicting feelings. Sidney was in love with Meagan, not suspicious of her true character as he was now. She seemed manipulative and cruel toward her sister, but she did have just cause. Lorie was awful to Meagan as a young girl, so in a sense it was retribution?

Sidney remembered when he met Meagan. He was one of those who fell slowly then all at once. He was at a coffee shop when he accident spilled his hot coffee all over the petite Meagan. She did not yell or scream, she simply smiled and flushed. She was so genuine, so wholesome. Sidney was red as a tomato, completely embarrassed. He couldn't believe his luck, spilling hot coffee all over a very attractive woman. He was in awe as her eyes flicked up to meet his, holding slight amusement. He tried to clean her up, but only succeeded in expanding the stain. She agreed to let him make it up and their relationship began. The rest was history, so they say. He loved Meagan, he never looked at another woman, never felt the need to. Up until recently they were perfect, solid. Lorie was a wrench in the plan, a very large wrench.

He was surprised at the way the two girls interacted. He found it childish, and he was surprised that either of them were willing to stoop down to that level. He didn't think either of them were capable of that, but he was proving to be lacking in judging people's character.

He gave Meagan's hand a squeeze, and smiled down at her. The couple in the movie we having a lover's spat and the guy stomped out of the house. The female lead was crying and Meagan's eyes were watering, it hurt Sidney to see her cry even if it was over some stupid movie. He leaned down and kissed the top of her head. She smiled up at him and he pressed a chaste kiss on her lips, and she caressed his cheek with her hand. Sidney truly loved this girl, he couldn't image life without her, surely he could put up with a few months of hell to be with her.

"I love you Sid." Meagan murmured.

"I love you too." Sidney replied softly.

~
James drove Lorke home, after eating ice cream and a long walk. They were quiet as they pulled into Sidney's neighborhood. The car the trio took to dinner was parked, indicating Sidney and Meagan were already home. He drove into the driveway and parked, running around to open Lorie's door, extending his hand to help her down from the car. He didn't let go of her hand on e she was out of the car. She blushed at the contact, but didn't feel the electric current she had felt with Sidney. She shook her head clearing her mind of those thoughts. She walked up to the door and turned to face him before she entered. She was nervous, if he kissed her, she didn't know what she would do.

"I had a nice time." James smiled down at her.

"I did as well." Lorie commented.

"I'll call you?" James asked, Lorie smiled and entered her number I to his phone.

"Goodnight James." Lorie said. James leaned down and kissed her cheek.

"Night Lorie." James said and walked back to the car. Lorie exhaled deeply and turned to open the front door. She closed the door and leaned on it. She needed some space. She began walking towards the staris to try to forget the day.

"Have a nice date?" A voice asked from the darkness of the living room.

"Oh my god!" Lorie exclaimed. She flicked on the light and saw Sidney drinking some amber liquid in a glass.

"Did you have a nice date?" He repeated again, this time more sternly.

"It wasn't a date." Lorie said meekly.

"So you went out on a walk and came home at what... Midnight? And it wasn't a date?" He scoffed.

"Not that it matters. I went on a walk with a friend who is nice and gives me some space from all of this." Lorie gestured to the air around her.

"It was a date. And you're home late. Plus it was one of my teammates."

"I wasn't aware you hade sovereign over who I associate with." Lorie replied with an edge. She was taking offense to his accusing her of dating and his condescending and judging tone.

"Yeah, well." Sidney muttered drinking the last of his drink. He strode toward her. He was standing next to her, looking down at her. "What were you thinking Lorie? How could you?" He asked pleading.

"I don't know what you're thinking, but I'm not seeing him. Not that this is any of your business or concern, but I'm not dating anyone. I don't know why you're so concerned with my love life, but I would appreciate if you could refrain from accusing me of things without knowing the truth." Lorie snapped looking up at him with teary eyes.

"It matters to me." He replied sounding breathy.

"Why?"

"It... It just does." He replied lifting his hand to touch her. She took a step back and tried to control her breathing.

"Lorie." He pleaded.

"Sid, you've had too much to drink. You're engaged to my stepsister, you can't have these feelings. Now go up to Meagan and try to forget this conversation ever happened." She spun on her heel to walk away. He caught her arm, spinning her around to face him. She bumped against his chest and looked at her with desperate eyes.

"Tell me I'm not alone in this. I know it's wrong but I can't help it. How was I supposed to know what would happen when I met you. You are like the flame and I'm the moth, I know I'll get burned, but that dosent stop me from coming back to you." Sidney said holding he in a death hold.

"You have that metaphor twisted. I'm the moth, you're going to burn me. But I can't do this, not to Meagan." Lorie said. Sidney brought his hand up to her face and ran his knuckles over her cheek. She let out a ragged breath and he closed his eyes. He was having trouble dealing with the contact. Her skin was so smooth, so warm.

"Please Lorie." He begged.

"You hate me now, but you'll thank me tomorrow." She replied and pulled herself free. She looked at him one last time before walking up the stairs.

She needed a shower, where the tears could flow freely.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not as long, but okay(: I'm sorry if there are mistakes, not proofread. PLEASE COMMENT AND SUSCRIBE!! I LOVE YOU ALL!