Status: Done! Thanks guys so much!

I Was Only Dreaming

'Jenn' and 'Tre'

Detention was... fun. I guess.
I sat in the back row with Mike, but he wasn't talking to me, passing notes with me, and he wasn't even looking at me. This morning all was fine. Just a few short hours later, he's pissed off at me and I don't even know why. PMS, much?
After being ignored for ten minutes, I am completely fed up with this. For as long as I've known Mike (okay, I've only known him for about a year, ever since Dad married...that woman), he's always been straight with me (hm... straight? Maybe that's his problem...hehe). I take out my notebook and scribble a note, 'Okay, Mikey, you gonna tell me what's wrong, or do I have to beat it outta you and get us suspended?'
I pass it to Mike, and I expect at least a chuckle, but he rolls his eyes and stuffs the paper in his pocket. Agitated, I write another note, 'I'd like my piece of paper back, please...'
I give it to him and he gives me the evil eye. I return the look with fake puppy-dog eyes and a quivering lower lip. Mike sighs, takes the piece of paper out of his pocket and hands it back to me. I let out a sigh and lean back in my chair, looking up at the ceiling. I try to make little shapes in the lines on the plaster (try it, it's fun) while I hum "Landslide" over and over again. After a while, I doze off until I feel a tap on my shoulder. I look over and see Mike, facing the teacher, holding a folded up piece of paper. I take it and read it, 'Sorry I've been an asshole. Meet me in the library at four, maybe?'
I pause for a moment before answering. First of all, the library? It closes at four-thirty, but what the hell. However, if my math is correct. Mike's got two detentions, and one detention is twenty minutes. Two times twenty is... forty minutes. Which means detention's over at...three-forty! Yay, I didn't even have to do scratch work! But still, I have detention til three-twenty; what am I gonna do 'til then? Sure, I'm a good friend, but I really don't want to hang around here for twenty more minutes.
Speaking of which, the teacher just excused me and almost the entire class, so I write down a reply, 'The library?! You gettin' smart on me all of a sudden? Just kiddin' ya. See ya then.' I ended it with a smiley face.
I threw the note onto Mike's desk as I grab my bag and exit the classroom. Now, the $64,000 question is.... What will I do until four o'clock?

*****

I open up my own locker for the first time since last June. And damn, I really wish I had cleaned it out before summer. I found a pair of grey converse, an old sweatshirt, two lunchboxes (I didn't even open them before I threw them out. Gross), last year's math textbook with nacho cheese on it (don't ask), and a bunch of expired makeup.
I throw out the obvious and take some stuff from the janitor's locker to clean out a very bad smell. I also take a step-stool from the utility closet and stand on it so I can see into the top part of my locker. I never really put much in there, just useless books I never read.
I find two novels I supposed to read (keyword there: supposed to), a science book (yeah, I never return textbooks, if you couldn't guess already), and last year's yearbook. I smile at the yearbook and open it up.
I find my picture almost immediately. I look pretty much the same as I do now; except maybe an inch or two shorter with some acne. I look over at Mike's photo. His hair was much longer, and he looked insanely tired. I look down at my watch. It's 3:45, so I finish cleaning and stuff what can be saved back in there.
I walk to the library, and there's only about five people there. The librarian, and four over-achiever nerds raving about some comic book about science (What the hell?!). I sit on a couch in the back of the library, by the science fiction and romance novels when I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. Strange, because the only numbers I have are Dad, home, and Mike. And two of the three never text me at all.
The message is from a number I don't know.
'Hey :)' - Person who I don't know
'Um, hello? do i know u?' - Me
'Oh, srry. Itz me, Billie. Frm music. U remember me?' -Person I don't know, who I now know
'Ohhh okayz haha how'd u get my number?' -Me
'Frm Tre who got it frm Susan who got it frm Mike.' - Billie
I pause. So, Mike gave Susan (that's that girl from Music who was flirting with Tre...right?) my number, who then gave it to Tre. Okay then...
'Haha kay then.' -Me
I wait for about a minute before I get a new message.
'So, u still wanna have lunch with me?'
At that moment Mike comes in the library, so I close my phone and stuff it in my pocket. Mike looks around for a bit (he looks kinda depressed; hands in his pockets, head down, the works) until he sees me and walks over, sitting down next to me.
"Hi," He says, in a rather defeated tone. Man, something must really be wrong.
"Hey. Are you okay?"
"Well, uh, I have this friend, and her name is...Jenn. And I really like her. She's really awesome and sweet and I'd do anything for her. Um, and you know Tre, right?" I nod my head when Mike asks. "Well, uh, a lot of girls like him, and whenever I find a girl I like, they meet Tre, and they, uh, kinda melt. Like butter, y'know?"
I nod and think to myself for a second. I find it really hard to believe that 'a lot of girls' like Tre. I mean, I've only known Tre for, what, seven hours? And who is Jenn? I know no Jenn in this school. Well, except for the, *ahem* lesbian girl.
"So, Jenn met Tre today, even though I kinda tried to stop them from meeting. Well, uh, shit happens, and I think she's kinda liking him. I kinda need advice on, uh, what to do," Mike said, looking over at me for the first time.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait just a second. Idea has just formed in my brain. What if Jenn isn't Jenn, and Tre isn't Tre. What if Jenn is someone very close and very dear to me. Perhaps...myself? Then if I am Jenn, I might know who Tre is...
♠ ♠ ♠
This is where the exciting stuff starts :)