Status: Done! Thanks guys so much!

I Was Only Dreaming

Jam Session

This is all kind of cute, y'know? I think Mike may be jealous of Billie, and he's trying to talk to me about it, but can't quite figure out how.
"Well, maybe you should talk to Jenn about this. I think that'd be the best course of action, especially when she's the one involved. If you like her, tell her. She deserves to know. Get together with her before it's too late," I advise Mike, trying very hard not to laugh at how he's going about this.
Mike looks a bit dumbfounded, as though he's not sure what to say to my suggestion.
"I, um, can't really do that for, uh, reasons," He says, going back to not looking at me. He knows I'm on to him.
"Or not, I mean, it's totally your choice-" I begin to say, but he interrupts me.
"Oh damn it, I'll just say it," Mike says, a bit loud so that a few people in the library look up. "I like you, Jessie. I like you a lot. And... I never wanted you to meet Billie, 'cuz every time someone I like meets him, they instantly fall for him, and there I am, automatic third wheel. He does that to me, all the time. I guess he can't help it, but still, it hurts when that happens. I don't wanna be a third wheel anymore, and I don't wanna have Billie steal girls I like. I thought, maybe, if-"
I interrupt him this time by hugging him. No one ever did shit like that for me. Not ever. In all my life, people have shoved me aside, hurt me, abused me, and just plain hated me for being who I was. AT that moment, I felt like someone really, truly cared.
"Mikey, no one's ever done something like that for me. No one's ever...liked me before. I mean I always knew you liked me, but, I never knew you, um, 'like' liked me," I said with a laugh as we pulled away from each other. I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket a couple of times, but I ignore it.
"Hey, from what you've had to go through, with Patricia and your dad and all that shit, you deserve respect and for somebody to care. Now, uh, maybe we could try goin' out, or something. Now that we got this all cleared up," Mike said, looking warily into my eyes like I was going to say no. I never really noticed before how deep and blue his eyes were. They weren't dark or light, they were right in the middle. There were a few streaks of brown every now and then, and I found myself getting lost for a moment.
"Uh, yeah. Sure, why not?" I say, getting out of my little daze. "I'd love too."
Mike grinned. "Awesome. Today's Monday, right? Well, tonight you come over for dinner. It'll probably be just me, Billie, Tre, and his mom, but we really are a fun bunch, trust me."
"Okay, just let me go home first. I wanna change into something more...appropriate." I say
"Aw, you're fine. Billie's mom will love you," Mike said, smiling at me.
My phone vibrated again, and Mike heard it, so I took it out of my pocket.
I see three from my dad, and two from Billie (Jeez, I'm Miss Popular).
From Billie I got:
'So, u wanna have lunch with me?'
Then, several minutes later: '?'

From Dad, though:
'Where the hell are you?'
'You had better get home right away, Jessica.'
'Do I need to call the fucking police? Get over here NOW.'

I snap my phone shut before Mike sees the texts.
"Everything okay?" He asks.
"Perfect," I say, smiling at him. "Lets get outta here."

*

"Hey, I been waiting for you since three! Where the fuck ya been?"
Billie was leaning against his car, which was parked in front of school.
"Detention, then I went to the library," Mike said, punching Billie in the shoulder. Mike had his arm around my shoulder, and I had mine around his waist.
Billie's green eyes went wide. "You. Went. To. The. Library?! Why?!"
Mike and I both laughed. "It's nothin', Bill. Where's Tre at?"
Billie shook his head, amazed. "He went on home to help Mom with dinner."
"Better make extra, Jessie's coming, and you don't know how she eats," mike said, grinning.
"I don't eat all that much!" I say, trying my best to look offended.
"Yeah, you do! You can eat a whole entire pizza in five minutes."
"No, I can't, I got sick right after that."
"But still, you ate it!"
"But I threw it up!"
"But you ate it!"
"But I-"
Billie interrupted us with an 'ahem'. He was staring at us like we were stark naked.
"Nevermind, just, take us home," Mike said, shaking his head.
He opened the door to the backseat for me, then slid in after me. I felt sorry for Billie, having to sit in the front all by himself.
There was an awkward silence as we rode to Billie's house. Mike told me that he lived in Billie's garage after his mom wanted to move away from Rodeo, and that Tre practically lived there half the week. Billie's mom, Ollie, lost her husband when Billie was ten. I could really relate to him on that, having lost my own mom when I was young.
Billie's house was small, but looked very homey and lived in. Not that that's a bad thing. I liked that feeling.
It was painted yellow that hadn't been touched up in quite awhile, had two stories, and a one-car garage. Billie parked on the side of the rode in front of the house. His mom's car was parked in front of the garage. We got out and Billie led us inside. The inside was beautiful, to say the least.
The walls were papered with a floral pattern, which I didn't really like, but the walls were covered in pictures and decorations. In the living room, which is where we came in, there was a couch, and two recliners that looked like they could fit two people each. The TV was small, but it was on and I could see it had a good picture. There was an acoustic guitar lying on a recliner, and it took all the willpower I had not to pick it up.
The dining area was right next to the living room, and had eight wooden chairs surrounding an oval-shaped table.
The three of us went into the dining room to go to the kitchen. Tre came out, wearing an apron that said 'Sexy, awesome chef'. He saw me, then ran over to me and gave me a huge bear hug. It was a bit frightening, but funny, none the less.
An older woman came out of the kitchen, who was short with dark blonde hair. This must be Ollie.
"Well, it's about time you came home! Dinner's almost ready. Oh, you must be Jessie!" Ollie smiled at me and gave me a hug. "Mike has told me so much about you! Your pictures don't do you justice! You are beautiful!"
I gave Mike an amused look and smiled at Ollie. "Oh, thanks, Mrs Armstrong. It's so nice to meet you!"
"Mike, it's about time you brought this little lady home for dinner," Ollie said, looking at him. "And, please, call me Ollie."
Mike took my arm and pulled me away from the little welcoming committee. "Uh, I'm gonna show Jessie my 'room'." Mike said, making quotations.
He walks me through the kitchen, where I smell chicken and dumplings cooking, then through a small hallway leading to the garage.
"So, I see you talk about me," I say to Mike.
"Uh, yeah, hehe, I guess I do. Anyway, this is where I live," Mike gestures to the garage.
I see a drumset, guitars, bass, and amps taking up most of the room. The walls are covered with posters and pictures, there's a desk in one corner, a mini fridge next to a covered mattress that sits on the floor. The whole room says "Mike Dirnt was here".
"I love it," I say. I can't resist anymore, so I run to a guitar and plug it into an amp. I strum the strings with a pick that I found lying on the floor. The sound is amazing. I've only played an electric guitar a couple of times in my life, and I've always wanted to learn as much as I could about it.
I see Mike grinning at me as I strum a few chords. Mike comes and plugs his bass in, and starts playing with me. We just play this and that, not any particular song, for about ten minutes. Tre wanders over after hearing us playing, and joins us on the drums. We play a melody for a few minutes, and I suddenly get some words in my head, so I begin to sing:

A small cloud has fallen
The white mist hits the ground
My lungs comfort me with joy
Vegging on one detail
The rest just crowds around
My eyes itch of burning red

I look up from my guitar for a second and see Billie standing in the door, watching. "Dinner's been ready for, like, ten minutes, if anybody cares!" He shouts over our loud music.
Tre drops his drumsticks and shouts, "DINNER!" before running up the steps into the house. I laugh and put the guitar down, unplugging it, before following him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of a filler chapter, sorry. Just describing the house, etc. Hope you guys will stick around :) Won't update for about 2 weeks, I'm going out of town. Please comment :) I am a comment-person.