Status: Transferring over from my previous inactive account

It's Magic, My Dear

In The Dead Of Night

The stars above me twinkled like fairy lights burning silver against a blanket of blue black velvet floating without a care in the world above me. The smell out there when you weren’t surrounded by City smog was purely luxurious.
It wasn’t something I would ever forget.
The freshness was calming and as I closed my eyes against it I let my body drown in the flavour of it all. Soaking up the freedom I had while I had it.

After leaving the facility I wasn’t ready to head back to Jane and the others. I would eventually, but part of me just wanted to spend the night alone. To ponder on the mundane existence of humans and that of Gods in the skies above. Anything to keep my mind off the one sided deal I had just bargained for my freedom.
If freedom is what you could really call it.

“All alone in the dead of night.”

My eyes opened and I knew whose voice that belonged to as it snaked around my ears. “Loki.” Was all I said as my hands rested behind my head on the bonnet of my car.

“Tygera.” He replied from my side.

“What brings you back to Earth? I thought you had a Kingdom to rule over.” I didn’t move, only enjoyed his presence. I didn’t have to look at him to feel the magnitude he brought with him. I was sure this was something that wouldn’t come again.

“Our last meet was so brief. I seek to rectify that.” Loki’s voice was so cool, collected and calm. It pleased my ears to listen to him talk.

A small smile cracked over my bruised lips and finally I rolled my head to the side and allowed myself a glimpse of the God. He wore the same suit and coat he had worn before and I found myself thinking that his sense of style was smart and classy. “I am sorry to hear of Odin passing.”

He gave a slight nod. “I am sorry to hear that you will be leaving here so soon.”

My brow ruffled. “How’d you know?”

He smiled something small that glinted with an all knowing purpose. “You think us God’s do not hear when you humans say our names. I heard you many years ago and ever since I have been listening.”

I felt my face flush and my cheeks burn, maybe Thor was right and I had caught Loki’s eye. “What did I say to you when you first heard me?” I wanted him to talk. I wanted to lose myself in the essence of his voice and pretend, for just a while, that’s all there was in the entire world.
As he stood by my side I felt a sense of calm and I was so desperate to lap that up.

He looked down at me with eyes that glowed an unearthly green against his pallid skin and shock of raven dark hair. “You called my name in a fit of rage. It was your ferocity that really attracted me to you. Those lips had screamed my name so loud that I was sure I couldn’t have been the only one that heard it. The words you used were so cruel yet I felt the sorrow that filled them.”

Slowly I sat up and drew my knees under my chin and looked up to the stars. “I remember. I had called your name over and over again. I had asked you for the strength to fight my way out of a situation I thought I was hopeless to stop. I was so scared. And your name was the only one I could think of to say. I said it again and again and again until my fear dripped away and left me with nothing but my anger.”

A small huff that sounded like a faint chuckle escaped his lips and I felt a finger run down the side of my face. My flinched as it ran over my Bureau caused bruises. “You do not want to leave the side of your family.”

My head shook. “Of course not. Jane might be a pain, but I still love her. She is my sister and the only one I have.” Notes of sadness rang in my words, I could easily hear them.

“What happens when she loves another and casts you aside?” I felt his breath against my ear as he spoke. It was cold, like a plume of ice covering my skin in gooseflesh.

“You mean Thor?” I shook my head and drew my tired eyes in his direction. “These things will happen.”

“Tygera…” Loki gave me a look and took a step back.

My shoulders shrugged. “So you’ve been listening to me all these years? I would hate to think of some of the terrible things you’ve heard.”

Loki’s lips pulled into a wider smile and he shook his head. “On the contrary, they have been positively captivating.”

This made my whole body come to life with tingles and decided my next reply. But it wasn’t a real reply at all. My next move, I honestly have no idea. I am just fairly sure that my mind had taken a back seat to my actions.
Biting my lip I slid off my car and my boots hit the ground with a light thud. I turned to face Loki and without thinking I stretched up on the very tips of my toes, even then I was barely able to reach, and placed a kiss on his cheek. I wasn’t sure what to expect after that when I came to rest back on my feet.
Loki looked down at me with a furrowed brow and I remember thinking to myself, “Oh shit that wasn’t such a good idea.” That was until he hooked a long slender finger under my chin and lifted my lips to his.
Now going around and kissing God’s wasn’t something I did every night under a blanket of stars, but this night I had and in return I felt the satin softness of his lips over mine. Moving against me in wonderful rhythm and union. His touch under my chin never left its spot and our hands didn’t writhe along one another. There was no need or want for the craziness humans bestowed upon one another.
It was simply a kiss.
A kiss that would forever go unmatched.
With just the gentle sway of his lips touching mine was enough to set my entire soul ablaze and in that moment I wanted nothing more than for it to keep going. But Loki soon stepped back and his gaze was flushed even as his flesh remained without a touch of blush.
My breath was caught in my throat and my skin was warm and pink, I wanted to say something but no words would come.

“Asgard is missing its King.” It was the last words I heard as I watched the God of Mischief began to fade away into the blanket of black night until there was only me left standing there.

A soft sigh escaped my lungs. This day had been full of corners turned and new passing’s come to light. My limbs felt heavy with the weight of sleep, so I crawled back into my car and laid my head upon the backseat.
Loki’s kiss was the thing I thought of as my mind drifted off to sleep.