Status: just started

Wrecking Ball.

Chapter Four

*** Before I go any farther with this, I just wanted to say this actually part of chapter 3. I read it over and over and hated that I put so much into one chapter! So I broke it down and added a bit more into it, hope you enjoy***

All I need is love, that's what you give, I'm taking it tonight
All I need is touch, that's what I feel when your skin's on mine
And now that the colour's brighter, cause you set me up on fire
The music feels better with you ---

After the game ended all of us stood around a bit to get some pictures. I was still bright red from Erik dedicating his goal to me. Everyone kept teasing me about it, even if I lied to them about knowing him. This was my secret to keep.

“You ready to go?”

“I’ll meet up with you guys later, I need to make a phone call.”

I checked my phone and Erik texted me. He asked me to come down to the dressing room. I had no idea how in the hell I was going to get down there, but I found my way. I explained to the security guard who I was and he let me through, telling me Erik had already talked to him. I counted my footsteps towards the dressing room and I waited against the wall for him. My fingertips wouldn’t stop shaking and I was certain I was going to pass out any moment now if he didn’t hurry up.

“Emma!”

I looked down the hall to see Erik. He really did take my breath away. He was in game day suit, and his hair was still wet from his shower. I smiled nervously as he got closer to me. I wasn’t sure what the hell to do next. I just followed his eyes and hoped he answer, cause I sure as hell couldn’t think. As our eyes caught, I could tell he was nervous. Him? Nervous? I never thought I’d see the day.

“Thanks for the goal.”

“It was nothing.” He blushed.

He stared at me more and more and I pursed my lips, thinking of something to say. Nothing really felt the same. Everything was so awkward and I didn’t like that. “Erik, I –“

“Not here, lets go back to my place.”

“I’ll meet you there.”

He smiled and brushed my cheek gently, “Okay.”

When I got to this apartment, I pulled up behind his car just as he was getting out. I followed behind him, not sure what was going to happen yet. He flicked the lights on and threw his keys and phone onto the dining room table. I just stood there, remembering being here a week ago. This time, his apartment felt dark and uncomfortable. It was such a contrast to the warmth of last week.

“Do you want anything?”

“I’m fine.”

“I’m just gonna go change. Make yourself at home.”

I nodded as I sat down on the couch. This was beyond nerve-wracking. All I knew was things were going to get sorted out one way or another. Erik came back out in black sweatpants and a team Sweden t-shirt. He sat across from me. Silence filled the room. I looked over at him as he ran his fingers through his hair. He was frustrated, I could tell. He always did that when he was even slightly flustered.

“Erik, talk to me.”

He nodded before looking in my direction, “Look, I’m sorry okay?”

“Why? I should be sorry. I never let you finish.”

“I know, but I was keeping something from you.”

“Yeah, kinda.” I scoffed.

“Emma, hear me out, okay? I had only known you two days, do you think I wanted to dump that kind of information on you?”

“When were you going to tell me? Or were you even going to tell me?”

“Of course I was going tell you.”

“So, what happened?”

He sighed, “I really don’t want to get into it.”

“Well you might as well since I’m here.”

“I’d rather not.”

I just huffed as grabbed my purse. Fine. If he didn’t want to admit it to me, it wasn’t worth it. I didn’t come this far to not hear the truth. I'd rather be at home with my cat, drinking wine from the bottle and staying single than dealing with this bullshit. Erik followed me towards the door and clasped my wrist, pushing me against the wall in a heap, causing my car keys to fall to the floor.

“Don’t walk out on me again.”

“Let me go.”

“No. Give me time, okay? I’ll tell you.”

He really looked apologetic. I sighed and dropped my hands to my sides. “Ok, fine. I’ll give you some time. Just cut the crap, alright?”

"What crap?"

"All of this. I want to go back to the way it was when I met you. There was no secrets, just us enjoying each other. What's so hard about that?"

He smirked a bit, "You're the one making it hard."

"Shut up."

"I can do that.”

He lowered his head towards me and brought my mouth up to his. A shock wave went up and down my spine as he pressed me harder into the wall. I wrapped my arms around his neck and grabbed his hair as the kiss deepened. Erik gripped my hips tighter as his tongue slipped passed my mouth. I moaned and gently tugged on his lip with my teeth. His hands went lower and in one swift scoop I was in his arms as we headed back towards his room. I let a small giggle escape as he placed me on the bed, not daring to break our kiss. My hands wondered all up his back and onto his perfectly sculpted arms. I didn’t know where this was going, but I didn’t want it to stop either.

Erik loosened his grip on me as he took off his shirt. I stared in amazement. His skin was soft to the touch, his muscles were so definitive, and I could see the full form of his tattoo. My fingertips traced it as I kissed the dominant points of his ink. He smiled as his own fingertips traced the large dreamcatcher tattoo on my side. I closed my eyes as goosebumps formed on my skin.

“That’s really beautiful.”

I think I mumbled a thank you, but I couldn’t remember. Erik grabbed a fist of my hair and kissed me again, this time it was more eager. The kiss broke for a painstaking moment as he fiddled with the buttons on my blouse, slowly undoing them one by one. His lips kissed my shoulders and my collarbone before slowly making their way to the cups of my bra.

“Du är perfekt”

“What?”

He looked up with his smouldering eyes, “It means you’re perfect.”

I was left speechless. It was in that moment I fell in love with him. Who cares if I only met him a week ago? I was irrevocably in love with him and nothing could stop me.

---

I woke up later on that night to Erik's arm wrapped around my shoulder. Goosebumps grew at a rapid pace as I began to awake. A yawn passed my lips as I looked up to see him propped up with his pillows watching Sportscentre. I smirked, there wasn't even any sound.

I snuggled up closer to him and his gripped tightened on me. "I didn't want to wake you."

"It's fine."

He simply nodded and pressed his lips to my forehead. I had to admit, that was the best sex I've ever had. Most of it was a blur, trying not to wake his neighbours up. Also, I wasn't sure what time it was, but I had to work tomorrow morning.

"What time is it?"

"It's midnight."

"Fuck." I groaned getting out of his grasp. "I have to work in the morning."

"Don't go." He pouted, pulling me back into his chest, "I'll make you breakfast in the morning."

I sighed, rolling into him so he could hold me closer, "Erik, you're making this difficult."

"That's the point!"

I just rolled my eyes, he won his battle for now. He kissed my hair and I closed my eyes. It's almost cruel how perfect this felt. His heart was beating against my cheek as we enjoyed each other's company. I felt like a small child enveloped beside him. Everything felt safe.

Our quiet moment was ruined by Erik's stomach rumbling with hunger. I giggled as I got out of his grip yet again.

"Hungry?"

"I'm starving." He replied before kissing my cheek, "You wore me out."

"I do what I can, champ."

He laughed, but slowly his face dropped. "You're sure you can't stay?"

"I have to work tomorrow."

"I want you to stay."

I sat closer to him and ran my fingers through his hair as he studied my face, "I will next time, I promise."

Erik looks at me with those eyes that I'm sure are gonna find their way into my dreams tonight. The blood rises in my body as he presses his lips to my cheek, "Okay."

I got out of bed and began to get myself dressed. Exhaustion was slowly creeping in on me. Luke Bryan is being blasted in the car to keep me from going into a pole. Erik left to go to the kitchen to make himself something to eat. I walked into the kitchen and found myself just watching him. Even the littlest things, he looked so intense doing it. Must be the hockey player in him.

"What are you doing tomorrow night?" Erik asked me as he threw his fruit into a blender.

"I dunno, why?"

"Well, I'm going on the road Tuesday morning for a few days, so I won't see you until Sunday. So I would like to take you out tomorrow."

"Of course," I said, biting back my smile, "I'm done at 6."

"Perfect, just meet me here." Erik replied, before his face tensed up and made eye contact with me, "I think I'm ready to tell you what really happened with me and Jennifer."

I swallowed a lump in my throat, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah. There's no point leaving it in the dark. Emma, this sounds lame, but I really like you and I enjoy my time with you. So, I want to be 100 percent honest with you. I think this a fine place to start."

"I couldn't agree more." I whispered, my heart was convulsing so much I could hardly speak. "I really should go."

Erik nodded and followed me to the door. I was already counting down the hours until I saw him again. My hands were shaking as he opened the door for me. I usually wasn't this way at all, and part of that scared me.

"Goodnight Erik."

"Night, Emma."

With one final kiss I was out the door. If it wasn't for my tiredness, I'd probably be doing a stupid happy dance while squealing to myself. Huh, who knew. I used to fake vomit at girls who asked like this when I was in highschool, and now I'm one of them. I guess the joke's on me.

17 hours to go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long break, I just recovered from my knee surgery and am back to work. Thanks for the love! xoxo