Status: This story will be updated every Saturday.

His Golden Eyes

His Golden Eyes

Numbers were called out so fast, I could barely keep track.
“$3,000!”
“$3,500!”
“$4,600!”
“$5,000. I’ll give you 5,000 dollars!”

As the numbers kept flying upwards, I closed my eyes and tried to block them all out. They were monsters, the whole lot of them. Bidding on me like I was some prized painting and not an actual living creature. How did they sleep at night?

“Alright $8,000, can I get higher than $8,000?” I open my eyes and see the announcer looking around wildly, staring hard at certain people.

They must be the wealthy ones.

“Okay, $8,000 going once…. Twice…” Before he could say “sold” someone said, “I’ll give you $9,000.”

The voice wasn’t loud and I couldn’t find the person it belonged to.

The announcer was unsure as everybody. “Well… okay. Sold to Mr. William Stone. Your purchase will be waiting for you off stage.” The announcer gave me a little push and I stumbled off the stage.

The man who bought me was already there. I stared at him. He had golden brown hair styled upward and hard golden eyes under his bushy eyebrows. His face was light and perfectly perfect.

He held out his hand, my eyes drawing away from his face as I took it cautiously.

“Tell Morris I’ll send him a cheque. I have things to attend to at home.” The man said to someone behind him, but he looked at me the entire time, his eyes studying my face.

Something told me I was one of the “things” he needed to tend to.

‘”Of course sir.” A timid voice said behind him. William was obviously a powerful figurehead and obviously scared her.

“What is your name girl?” He asked gently. His voice may have been kind, but his golden eyes were filled with darkness.

Something told me he demanded respect and if he didn’t get it, someone would pay.

“Kathy Miles, sir.” I reply quietly, staring at my shoes. I felt him staring at me, but he didn’t speak.

“Alright Miss. Kathy, follow me.” He turns and walks away, me following.

I followed him a shiny, sleek Toyota car. He held the passenger door open for me and I slipped in without complaint. He walked around and got in. Soon we were speeding away from the auction house.

“Now that you belong to me, there are rules I expect you to follow at all times and if any of them are broken there will be harsh punishments.” His golden eyes glance at me briefly and go back to the road.

“First, you are to call me Master at all times. Only Master. Second, you are to do whatever I say without hesitation when I ask the first time. Third, you are to speak only when spoken too and only answer the given question. Fourth, you are never to go outside without my permission. Running away is pointless because I will catch you within minutes. And the consequences will be dire.” He speaks so calmly, as if he were talking about the newest Apple product. I was scared of him already.

I keep my eyes locked on the outside scenery knowing that this would be the last time I ever saw my hometown. A single tear escaped my eye and I didn’t bother to wipe it away.

Would my mom miss me? Would she even care? I had now entered a life of slavery with no way out. This is what happened to people in movies or TV shows. Not B+ students who had only a few friends in high school.

I turned away from the window and brought my knees up to my chest, which was a little tricky in this ball gown. I sighed and let my thoughts carry me away into a dreamless sleep.

Image


I was awoken by a gentle shaking on my arm. “Wake up Kathy dear. Welcome to your new home.” William, Master says.

I rub the sleep out of my eyes and see that “home” was a huge stone house with white walls and a golden roof. The windows were huge and you could faintly see golden curtains peeking out. Trees had been planted all around the property, for privacy and beauty.

I got out of the car and started walking towards the home, my Master a few steps ahead of me. He opens the door and I gasp in amazement.

To my right was a long wooden stair case leading to what looked like the stars. To my left was a huge living room, filled with a huge TV, sofa and coffee tables. In front of me was a hallway that lead into what looked like a kitchen. Just to the right of that was a stairs going downstairs.

“Follow me Kathy. I’ll give you a quick tour around the home, but you are expected to remember where everything is.” He jogs up the stairs taking them two at a time and I ran to catch up with him.

The floor upstairs is completely carpeted and there are 4 bedrooms, (one of which is his, one is mine and 2 guests) 1 bathroom (with a large shower and bathtub) and a study. (Which I am forbidden to enter without permission)

The main floor contains a living room, a large white kitchen and dining room and a bathroom. Master decided not to show me the basement, saying I wouldn’t want to find out anyway and the only reason I would be going down there is for a punishment. I shuddered wildly at that.

Master takes me back up to the white and blue bedroom that he says is to be mine.

“There are clothes in the drawer approximately your size. Shower and put them on. I believe you know where the bathroom is?” He arched an eyebrow and I nodded quickly, looking at the ground. “Once you're done put the dress in my room. I’ll send it back to Morris with the cheque.” He grabs my chin and forces me to look into his eyes. “I paid $9,000 for you girl, don’t make me regret it.”

I managed to squeak out, “Yes sir.”

He squeezes my jaw. “Yes what?”

“I mean yes Master.” I want to cry, but crying is a sign of weakness.

He smirks. “Good. Now go shower. When you are done, supper willbe waiting for you in the kitchen.” He turns and walks out of the room, closing the door gently behind him.

Image


Like he had said, there was a huge plate of spaghetti waiting for me when I was done showering. I was dressed in yoga pants, a blue T-shirt and matching hoodie. It fit me perfectly. So did the bra and underwear – and that disturbed me. On my feet were a pair of comfy pink socks.

As I walked closer to the food, my stomach growled loudly. I hadn’t eaten since yesterday afternoon and my stomach demanded that I eat fast.

As I sit, I eye the food suspiciously. It looked alright (and smelled delicious) but I was wary. What if he had put something in it?

“I promise I didn’t put anything in it dear.” he speaks right behind me.

I jump in shock and turn around. He is there looking at me in amusement. “I see the clothes fit you nicely.” he commented.

I nod slowly as I sit down to eat. I curl my fork around a clump of noodles and put it in my mouth, chewing skeptically. I swallowed and waited a few seconds. The pasta was mouth-watering and my stomach begged me for another bite. I decided the food was fine and started eating vigorously.

As I ate, I noticed my Master leaning against the counter, watching me. I glanced at him. “What?” I snapped. I watched as his entire eye color flashed black, but I blinked and his eyes were back to gold. Weird.

“Kathy because it is your first day here, I will extend grace. But know that that tone of voice is not acceptable with this house and next time it will be punished.” He said it deadly calm and his gaze never lifted from my eyes.

I shrunk down a little in my seat. “Sorry sir, I mean Master.” I mutter.

He comes over and pats my head like a dog. “You are forgiven. Once you have finished your supper wash the dishes and come to my office. I’ll have some things for you to do.” With a final pat he leaves the room.

I quickly finish up my meal, wash the dishes and leave them in the drying rack and head upstairs. The study is at the end of the hall and has a dark, eerie feel to it. The door is large and wooden and near the bottom are stains of… blood?
My eyes widen and I want to run. But I don’t and force myself to knock on the door.

“Come in.” He says.

I turn the knob and enter the room. My Master has a very nice study. Straight in front of me is a large wooden desk and he was sitting behind it, typing away on his laptop. There is a rectangular window that covers most of the far wall, but the curtains are drawn to keep out the natural light. To my left is a huge bookshelf that covers the whole wall. It’s filled with books, papers and documents. And on my right are a few armchairs and a medium sized TV.

“Come here Kathy.” He motions towards me and I take small steps towards him.

Once there, he looks at me, studying every feature of my face. He puts his arms around me and sits me on his lap. I try not to shake much.

“Kathy, do you know what I am?” He murmurs into my ear.

I shake harder from being closer to him. “A human of course.”

He chuckles darkly. “Oh you wish Kathy.”

That makes me worry. If he wasn’t human, what was he?
“What are you then?” I whisper.

“Something that should only be in horror movies. A creature of the night that preys on unsuspecting humans, draining them of their soul. Something so dark that every living creature fears us.” He says into my neck.

Suddenly I feel to sharp objects slowly scraping my neck. I try and squirm away from him, but he has a solid grip.

“Do you know what I am Kathy?” His teeth are slowly digging into my neck, and the pain is starting to get worse.

“A vampire.” I manage to squeak out, tears streaming down my eyes. I fight harder to be released, he was a monster.

“Yes Kathy, a vampire.” And not a moment later he bites into my neck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading and please comment! ::cute:

Special thanks to [url= http://www.mibba.com/Member/184421/]The Red Tazelwurm[/ur] for being my Beta Reader! :)