Angel Eyes

One.

Brian held his head in his hands as he let out a long and exasperated sigh. He felt like he just wanted to crawl back into his bed, but knew that his first class would be starting in about an hour—and by the looks of it, he’s already going to be a little late. And he wasn’t quite sure if he should blame it on the white piece of paper sitting on his kitchen table, or him.

Either way, they’re both his fault.

He wasn’t quite sure how it came to this—he thought that things were going great. The plans were working well; she got a steady job, and was working on having their first child. So why did he wake up to an empty bed, and divorce papers in his face? A few more seconds ticked by and the silence that surrounded him was met by his cell phone ringing. Hoping it was Michelle; he got up and went to the living room where he remembered leaving it last. When he looked at the little screen, however, his heart hit his stomach and he frowned—instead of being Michelle, it was Jimmy—his best friend. “What’s up, Jim?” He asked into the receiver.

Hey, asswipe, what’s up?” His best friend said. Brian grunted in response and fell onto his couch. Before he could even debate about telling Jimmy, the words flew out of his mouth.

“Michelle is divorcing me.” There was a sound made on the other end, but Brian wasn’t quite sure what kind of sound it was.

“Oh, man,” Immediately, Jimmy’s great mood sunk at his best friends words—divorce? He felt so sorry for his best friend, and though he didn’t understand the pain he was going through right now—he surly understood that he was hurt. “That’s rough, man.” Jimmy was leaning against his little two bedroom apartment counter as he ran his hand down his face.

“Yeah,” Brian said. Suddenly a bit of rage picked up inside him. “Two fucking years, Jim, two years!”

“I know, Bri, I know. Did she tell you why?” Brian grunted and leaned forwards a bit.

“No, she wasn’t even home when I found the papers! No note, not one phone call—nothing; just an empty house and some papers.” Brian looked up at his TV, where his cable box was sitting and it read 9:58. He really wanted to go back to bed. “Listen, man, I’ve got to get ready. I have class soon and I’m going to be late already. I’ll catch you later.”

“Alright, Brian.” Brian rushed up the stairs, trying to forget about the papers down on the table next to his coffee mug full of coffee—albeit cold by now. He really was very confused, because he had thought things were going so well. Was he doing something wrong? He wasn’t sure, and that’s what annoyed him most. He had no idea what he has done wrong, or if he has done anything wrong. She didn’t leave him an explanation, or some kind of clue that this was going to happen. What happened to talking things out, about communicating with one another? Does that no longer exist?

Deciding there was only one person who would truly understand him, just a little bit, he made a mental note to call Brian Senior after class today.

Image


“I wish we could room together, Lee.” Roxi said with a sigh, looking over at her best friend Leana who was looking over at her curiously. Her brown eyes were lightly lined with black eyeliner, so effortlessly that sometimes Roxi became jealous—every time she tried to attempt the winged look, it came out terrible and lopsided.

“Sorry, Roxs, but I am in my third semester already.” Roxie sighed and put her head back on her knees, her arms wrapping around her bare legs. If it was one thing she didn’t like about California—it was the heat. She hated it; hated sweating because it made her feel gross, and her hair was always so frizzy. Back home she has some warm weather, sure, but not the kind of weather that made you feel like you couldn’t breathe without sucking in someone else’s perspiration.

“I know,” She said quietly. Leana looked down at her best friend, wondering what was going on inside of that pretty little red head of hers. She felt the inside of her chest squeeze at the sight of her. If only she had come here a year before, like both of them had planned for so long, then they’d have a better chance at rooming together. But things happened, and here she was with another roommate—a bitch roommate, nonetheless.

Sighing, she put down her things and went to sit by her best friend on the bed. “Roxi, why don’t we just go for a walk or something? You don’t have class until one, so let me give you a quick tour of Cali. What do you say?” She squeezed her shoulders and grinned down at her. “Plus, there is this one frozen yogurt place that is simply amazing.”

Roxi smiled, though it didn’t quite reach her eyes, and nodded her head. “You had me at frozen yogurt, Lee.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I understand that it's very short, and a bit slow, but I didn't want to give too much away within the first chapter! Let me know your thoughts, lovelies! <3

Thanks to CharlieHunnam. I'm happy to see you excited to read this :D Hope it meets your expectations.

Comment. Subscribe. Reccomend?