Sequel: We Are Young
Status: Editing coming and a sequel afterwards.

Against God's Design

Me. Just ***ing me.

I'm Rachael Rae Vasques. No, I'm not Hispanic. It's just a last name. I was born in Dallas, Texas in 1997 and I'm 16. I guess I'm decently pretty? I don't know, my boyfriend says it all the time. He's a sweet guy with a great personality. Josh is a strong Christian along with his family and mine. We don't go to church together, and I met Josh through an ex of mine about almost two years ago. Things have gone awesome between us, I love him, and I have a secret that complicates things.

I cleared my throat a bit as I stared into the mirror. I hesitated as I began cutting my bangs. This needed to be done. I needed this. I snapped my eyes shut as I cut my long bangs. The hair falls to the floor as I open my eyes. With a smile I continue cutting my hair. I bit my lip as I began to cry a bit. I don't know how'd my parents take this, or even Josh. It's a Saturday and everyone one in my house is gone. I was home alone. My brothers and sisters were at friend's houses and my parents were working. This was the best time to cut my hair.

I have the biggest grin on my face ever as my brown hair goes bye bye. I keep my eyes on my reflection as I cut my hair slower. I wanted to do this right and not let it be choppy. This isn't my first time cutting my hair, but it was to cutting it this extreme. I usually cut an inch or two off my hair when I cut it. Today was different. I was cuting my hair a full ten inches. It just had to go.

Soon after I'm done, I stop cutting. I turn on my stereo and play the first song off of BOTDF Bad Blood cd. Unchained then blasted through my house as loud as possible. This is how I felt right now; Unchained. I begin to sweep up my chopped hair on the floor and throw it in the trash.

I pull out my brown dye from under the sink. My blonde hair was seriously showing again. Not only that, but the color's fading.

I mix the dye with the stuff in the bottle and I put on the pair of gloves.

I bit my lip. I now regretted cutting my hair. NO! It looks good, don't doubt yourself Richy Rae! I put the dye in my hair and I began to rub it in.

Maybe I shouldn't have done it....I mean--NO RICH! You did it! Stop being so scared!

I'm going against God's design...yes, I'm a transgender in the closet.