Sequel: We Are Young
Status: Editing coming and a sequel afterwards.

Against God's Design

The Boy Against the Locker Next To Mine

My parents had freaked about my hair, but this was my decision. I did this to myself. I didn't have the nerve to change my style. I'm still Racheal to everyone, but to me I was Rich. I don't have the courage to tell other people. Everyone in my town and at school is homophobic and trans phobic. I wasn't ready for the pain, even I feel it on the inside by hiding myself. This just had to be a phase.

As I walk to class, I stop by my locker. The guy next to me desperately tried to hide behind his locker when I walked over. Weird dude. He's had the same locker next to mine for the last year and he seemed really shy. Even English class he never spoke. He's a pretty averaged height guy. His night black hair is really shaggy and covers most of his face. I guess he falls under the 'emo' category. He wears a lot of black and you can sorta see a faded scar on his left cheek that isn't covered by his hair. I don't know what it's from but of coarse I don't ask. He seems too shy to approach.

I open my locker "Hi" I started to him.

His head turns to me and I notice he has a a silver lip piercing. It must be new "I like your piercing" I added.

Emo boy pulled out a book, a library book, and held it in his arms as he bit his lip. It's like he's trying not to talk to me. Did I do something to him? Or is he rude? Oh, he must be mute or something. That would make sense. With a few moments and no reply, I grab my math text book and shove it into my back pack. I smile weakly "Nice talking to ya" I say, and start to turn around to leave.

As soon as I turn around I hear a bunch of things fall to the floor. I jerked back around and stood there horrified. Emo boy was pinned up on his locker with Troy, soccer all star, holding him by the throat. Emo boy began to gag and Troy smiled at this.

Without thinking, I took my back pack and hit Troy with it "Get off of him!" I screamed, almost cried. He still wouldn't let go.

Troy flinched as I hit him again. He let Emo boy down, and he fell to the floor trying to catch his breath. His face was completely red almost purple. I turned to Troy angrily "Go! Get out of here!" I growled at him.

He did so, and I was happy for that.

I kneeled down to Emo boy "You wanna go to the nurse?" I asked in a whisper.

I see tears falling down his face slowly as he shakes his head and biting his lip. When I tried to pull his bangs out of his, he jumped a bit. He grabbed his book and ran off as fast as he could.

I froze for a moment. What just happened?