Sequel: Second Chance
Status: Completed.

I'm with You

With You

After my bath, I found Rose where she said she would be. I let her help me change my bandage before I went back to the room I had been staying in. I carefully slipped on my jacket before finding my boots on the floor and slipping them on as well. I went into the bathroom to get my dirty clothes before heading back into the bedroom. I tossed them onto the bed since I wasn't sure what to do with them right now. My bra on the other hand could be thrown away. I didn't plan on wearing the partly blood covered thing again.

I left the room to find Rose once again. She told me that the Governor wanted to see me as she led me out of the building I was staying in. I was a bit shocked to see so many people outside on the street. Where did all these people come from? They were all happy and smiling while talking to each other. A few kids ran past me while playing tag. I kept looking around as Rose led me to the Governor who was outside talking to a couple of people on the street. He dismissed them when he saw Rose and I. Quick hellos were exchanged between the two before she walked off, leaving me with him.

"Let's go for a walk," he said, leading the way down the street.

"What is this place?" I asked, looking around.

The Governor began explaining as we walked towards a heavily guarded wall that had a gate like opening. He helped me to the top of it where a few people were being lookouts. He then began explaining why the wall was there as if I couldn't figure that out myself. We then got back down to the street and walked the other way as he explained how everything worked here. It seemed like a very safe place, but something was off about it.

One of the men the Governor had been talking to came back over to him, letting him know that they were ready to go. The Governor waved him off before asking me if I was up to going with them. All I did was shrug since I wasn't sure what to do anyway. I hopped into the back of the car the Governor got in also. He began speaking with the guy driving as I stared out the window. The huge gate opened, letting us leave the small community.

Neither man said anything to me as we drove to wherever the hell we were going. I felt safe, but then again didn't feel safe at the same time. For all I knew, they were taking me out somewhere to rape and kill me. I glanced back to see another car following behind us. Maybe they were going on a run for supplies or looking for more people. At least that's what I was hoping for.

We began driving into a familiar town and I froze in place. Both men seemed to notice my uneasiness from the backseat, causing the Hispanic driver to smirk at the Governor.

"This the place where you got shot?" the Governor asked, already knowing that it was. I was terrified that they had been the ones shooting at me.

"H-how did you k-know?" I stuttered, wide eyed at the two men.

"Found you not even ten miles from here. When you said someone shot you in a town, I knew exactly where you had been. We've been here before, and nearly got killed for trying to find supplies. We had more people though. We made a deal to let 'em live as long as we got half the supplies," he explained, causing me to relax a little in the seat.

We drove past the boarded up store and the apartments before stopping in a parking lot of an elementary school. Both men got out of the car, so I followed their lead. I stayed close to the Governor since I knew him best out of all the men. We stayed close together in the parking lot as a group of men came out of the school. They were all aged around their thirties to mid forties. Their leader was tall and had some huge muscles that were covered in tattoos. He carried a gun and walked ahead of the other men.

"We meet again," he nodded to the Governor, frowning slightly. Underneath his dirt covered face, I could see a scar that went from his forehead, over his right eye, and halfway down his cheek.

"I believe we have some business to take care of," the Governor spoke, pushing me in front of him.

My eyes went wide as I stared at the group of men standing in front of me. Was he going to give me to them? After they tried to kill me?! Most of the men were looking me over while the leader squinted his eyes.

"Don't know her," he spoke, watching me carefully like I was time bomb that could go off at any moment.

"Really?" the Governor asked, seeming unimpressed with the man's answer. "So, you didn't kill a woman sometime last week, and you didn't shoot a girl?"

All the men seemed shocked. A few were now glaring at me, realizing who I was. The leader looked over at me again before looking right at my left shoulder. The clean bandage was partly showing from under my shirt, making it obvious where I was shot.

"Maybe you shouldn't send your women here to steal our supplies," the man spoke, glancing at the Governor now.

"Funny thing is, we found her passed out in the middle of the highway," one of the Governor's men said from behind me.

"Didn't know the other woman either," the Governor confirmed, before pulling me back behind him.

Within seconds guns were being shot beside me and in front of me. I dropped to the ground and covered myself since I didn't have any other way to fend myself. Seconds passed and the guns stopped. I was being helped off the ground before the Governor checked me over to make sure I didn't get shot again.

"Go get all their supplies," he told the men that were with us. The five men obeyed and headed off to look for supplies.

The Governor began walking away and I silently followed him, not sure what else I should be doing. We kept walking until we got to a bridge that had a small creek running underneath it. I was sure that the storm drains led into this creek as well since it was slowly going with barely any water.

"Why did you kill 'em for?" I asked, not sure if I wanted to know the answer.

"They don't deserve to live," he answered as he leaned against the railing and looked straight ahead. "Not when they kill innocent women or shoot them."

I stood a few feet from him, not sure what to say exactly. Silence stayed between us until he began walking back.

"Do you plan on stayin' in Woodbury?" he stopped to turn around and ask.

I thought about it for a moment. Something didn't feel completely right there, but it seemed safe. These guys just killed some men because they killed a woman and shot me. At least I knew they weren't planning on killing me.

"Yeah," I muttered, keeping my eyes on the creek below the bridge. "I'm with you."

The Governor seemed quite satisfied with my answer before walking away again. I yanked my necklace off, staring at the moon pendant. I was starting all over now. New place and new people. All I need to do is forget my old memories. I kissed the necklace one last time before tossing it into the water below me. I smiled proudly before following after the Governor.
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit

What do you think? Sequel will be up in a little bit. It's called Second Chance. So, check for it in a couple of hours.

Thanks for everyone who read this. I'm really amazed that I actually finished a story. 100 chapter and over 100k words makes me feel like I really accomplished something.