Sequel: Second Chance
Status: Completed.

I'm with You

Ankle

The rest of the day I stayed away from Daryl. I had caught him glancing at me a few times, but just ignored it. I spent most of my time around Carl and Beth. I was a still a kid at heart, so I felt more comfortable around them.

I was currently inside eating a bowl of soup at the kitchen table. Sitting at the table with me was Maggie, Glenn, Hershel, and Beth. They were having their own conversation and I didn't wanna feel rude joining in on.

After eating, I excused myself from the table before grabbing my bag and a flashlight from the living room. I began making way upstairs, looking for the bedroom I was using to sleep in tonight. Maggie and Glenn would be keeping watch, so they let me know I could use the room. Taking a look into the first room, I realized that it was the master bedroom. Lori, Rick, and Carl were staying in that room, so I moved on. Shining the light into the second room I came across, I realized this had to be their room due to the fact that I didn't see the stuff Hershel brought inside earlier.

I went in the bedroom before closing the door and locking it behind me. I threw my bag onto the bed before sitting down. I laid back so that my feet were planted on the floor and the upper half of my body on the bed. I could feel the pocket knife still in my pocket. It made me remember the aspirin and bullets that were still in my front pockets. I took the bottle of aspirin out before digging each bullet out of my pocket. I threw it all into my bag and left the pocket knife where it was. I switched the small flashlight off before deciding to go to sleep the way I was laying.

I woke up to banging on my door. I knew something was wrong, but was too tired to care.

"Liz, we gotta go!" Daryl's voice came from the other side of the door.

"Fuck off." I muttered still half asleep, wondering why he was telling me.

The door was kicked open and I quickly opened my eyes to see an annoyed Daryl.

"Get ya ass up. Walkers are comin'" Daryl yelled at me.

It took a few seconds for me to realize that I had to go now. I quickly got up before grabbing my bag and the flashlight. I was following behind Daryl as we went downstairs. His crossbow was up and ready to shoot any walker that came in front of him. I turned on the flashlight, so that it was easier to see.

"Hurry up!" Rick told us when he saw us. He went out the front door towards the cars.

Daryl and I made our way to the door. I froze in the doorway when I saw the herd of walkers that were staggering our way. Would we ever get a break from them?

I quickly ran after Daryl, knowing that I was going to be stuck with him since the cars were leaving. I missed the bottom step causing me to land on my right foot wrong before falling to the ground, scratching up my hands and arms once again. I quickly got up before screaming in pain. Daryl glanced back as I put all my weight onto my left leg. I knew I had either sprained or broke my ankle. Either way, I wasn't good with the pain.

"What happened?" Daryl asked as he took a glance back at me.

"Hurt my ankle." I cried as I tried walking towards him. "Just go!" I told him before making my way back to the house.

Taking a glance back, I saw him running to his motorcycle. I slowly hopped up the steps on my left foot. Hell, the fucking zombies were faster than me. I heard the motorcycle start and speed away. It was good to know that he still didn't care about me. I was all alone and this was how life would end for me. I just had to be so fucking clumsy.

I got inside and slammed the front door before leaning against it. I grabbed my necklace as I waited for the walkers to approach the door. I would soon be dead like Jake. I then realized that Jake wouldn't have died without trying to get away. Just staying here and waiting was suicidal. Jake would want me to run, or at least try to. I knew I had to try for Jake. I let go of my necklace and began limping towards the back door. I took out the pocket knife and got ready to attack anything in front of me. I needed to fight to live.

I quickly shined my light around outside the back door. No walkers were around, so they would all most likely be coming from the front of the house. Not having time to think, I began limping as quickly as I could towards the woods behind the house. I knew I would never make it being as slow as I was. I began running and biting my bottom lip as my ankle throbbed. Running wasn't easy and it hurt like a motherfucker. Tears were still streaming down my face. I kept wiping my eyes with the back of my hand that held the flashlight. I fell, but pushed myself right back up. I couldn't stop yet. My arms and hands were bleeding as well as my lip from biting so hard. I began giving up on hope as I ran and stumbled my way deeper into the woods. I glanced back, shining the light behind me and not watching where I was running. I spotted no walkers before turning around and tripping over a log.

"Fuck!"

I hit the ground before picking up the flashlight. I shoved myself up once again, trying to ignore all the pain that was going threw my body.

"Lizzie?"

I turned to the voice and was shocked to see him standing there.
♠ ♠ ♠
oooh, I wonder who it is? there really is only a few guesses to who it is. how about 2 comments and I will update 2 more times tonight.

also check out this story Let It Bleed