Sequel: Second Chance
Status: Completed.

I'm with You

Brick

A week had passed since Rick's group abandoned me at the apartment. I was doing pretty well on my own under the circumstances. Not once had I seen anyone at all. I was quite amazed that I hadn't ran into Rick's group once again, because if I did, we all knew there would be hell to pay.

In the past week I had drove a bit farther south. The days were getting cooler and I still was wearing my same clothing from the beginning of this new world which wasn't keeping me very warm. Since walking was difficult, I only stopped twice for supplies considering that I had enough food for me for at least another week. The only thing I actually did get was more gas for the car. I also needed more painkillers, but gave up on searching for them. The throbbing in my foot was something I've gotten used to, so I could live without the pills. When I was searching for painkillers I did find some pregnancy tests which I took. Turned out that I wasn't pregnant after all. I wasn't sure if I was happy about that or not. Deep down I knew it was the best though. Being a single mother and trying to raise a baby by myself in this world would not have great results.

For the past couple of days I had been staying in the car that was parked inside of an empty garage of a mechanic shop. It was in a safe part of a small town where few walkers roamed. None of the walkers had yet to notice me which was good. If I needed to go all I had to do was start the car and speed away. I was spending all of my time in the car since there were walkers around. It was safer cooped up inside the car than outside in the big world full of walkers.

I began stretching my aching body as much as I could in the driver's seat. After dozing off and on, I finally made the decision to stay awake since it was dawn. Being alone made it harder for me to sleep. I had to be alert at all times in case a herd of walkers came toward me or a group of people. I wasn't sure what was worse anymore: people who would kill you for your supplies or the walking dead that wanted to eat your insides. It seemed to me that all the good people were now zombies.

I grabbed a bag of chips from the passenger seat and began eating them. I was tired of eating canned soup. I still had eight cans of it left and I was doing my best to ration the food. I was currently only eating twice a day; morning and night. I was doing this so that I didn't have to search for food. I was staying off my foot as much as I could hoping that it would heal faster.

Two walkers were stumbling down the street, oblivious to anything around them. Only ten or so feet away from them, sitting in the Camaro that was parked in the garage, was me eating a bag of chips. It surprised me at how stupid they were. Could they really not smell, hear, or see me when I was so close to them? They suddenly stopped moving and before turning their attention to behind them. I began observing them, noticing the odd behavior as they began stumbling back the way they came. Someone or something must have caught their attention which now caught my attention. Not once in the past few days have the walkers just stopped moving and began walking in the way they came. I kept my eye on them until I no longer could see them due to the garage wall being in the way.

I quietly opened the car door a few minutes later. I climbed out of the car and was careful putting my right foot down on the ground. My boot was on my foot again since the swelling went down some. I limped to the corner of the garage and peered around it, careful to not be seen by the walkers or anything else that was nearby. The two walkers were now at the end of the street joining three others coming from the west at the four way stop. I hid back around the corner when a motorcycle sped past the walkers and was coming down the street I was on. It didn't take a genius to figure out who it was. No other moron in this world would be on a motorcycle.

Anger quickly rushed through me as I took a glance down at my feet. The first item I saw was a small brick, so I picked it up without even thinking about it. The motorcycle got closer to the garage. I threw the brick a second too late, but he still noticed it fly behind him. Our eyes met for a quick second when he glanced over from where the brick was thrown. His eyes were filled with rage. He should just be glad that I didn't have my gun. He kept going, not even worrying about me.

I knew I had to act fast just in case he came back to kill me. Also, the walkers were coming back towards me since they were following the sound of his motorcycle. I got in the car and slammed the door before starting it. After checking to make sure the gas was still full, I slowly drove out of the garage and onto the street before going the same way Daryl had gone moments ago. Walkers were all in the road the other way, and I didn't want to run over them. I turned left on the next street and began speeding down the empty road that lead out of the town. It was the same road I had taken to enter the town.

An idea occurred to me after passing a white house with a garage. Checking to make sure nobody was around, I made a U-turn before pulling into the house's driveway. I quickly got out to open the garage door. I made sure it was empty before pulling it up and getting back into the car. I pulled into the garage before getting back out once again and closing the garage door. I took my bag out of the car as well as my gun, flashlight, and car keys. I let the door close quietly before setting the alarm in case someone tried to break into it. Not like there is a lot in it besides a bag of medicine, some food, few blankets, a pillow, and some trash. The stuff I needed most was now shoved into my bag.

I went out the side door, not even bothering looking for anything useful in the garage. I would do that when I came back. The mechanic garage I was in minutes ago was at least a mile away. Something told me that Daryl would report about seeing me there and they would look for me. I didn't exactly know what it was, but my mind told me that I had to go back. Walking wasn't the best idea at the moment, but driving around and wasting gasoline was a worse option. I was also still pissed and didn't want them to see me, so in a way I was going to be a spy.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is just a filler chapter. what do u think is going to happen?