Sequel: Second Chance
Status: Completed.

I'm with You

Spy

I began my journey to the garage and staying clear of the streets. I was behind the houses and buildings walking, keeping my back pressed against them. Whenever there was a gap between the buildings or houses, I would listen for any cars or other noises before running. So far there weren't any walkers in the back where I was. I came upon the first street of five from where I had turned from. I stood against the fence before looking around to make sure it was clear. I then ran across the street and into an alleyway. I did the same before by keeping myself against the wall. I was walking around a dumpster when a walker came out from the other side. Without even thinking, I stabbed it with the knife in my left hand before moving on. I came to the second street. Hearing no noises and seeing no walkers, I ran to the other side before ducking behind the dumpster to catch my breath. My ankle was aching, but I ignored it and kept moving. Only two more streets to cross and I could find somewhere near the garage.

I kept doing the same that I had been doing for the past ten minutes. Within five minutes, I was across the fourth street after killing two nearby walkers. I kept walking in the alleyway until I came to the small gravel road that came out beside the mechanic garage. I began walking down it until slipping inside the side door of the nearby building.

I took out the small flashlight from my pocket before turning in on. I quickly switched the gun and knife around in my hand. I was now holding the knife and flashlight in my right hand and gun in my left. I began walking through the building, shining the light into different spots. It had a musty smell mixed slightly with a rotting corpse smell. The white paint on the walls was chipping off revealing the cement structure. The tiled floors were covered in dirt and dust. This building had been abandoned before the apocalypse happened.

I quickly found the stairway and began going up the stairs. The climbing was making my ankle feel worse, but I had to get to the top of the building, so I could watch from up there. I got to the top and went out the door that lead out onto the roof. I kept myself down low as I began crawling to the edge where the garage was. When I had a view of it, I laid down flatly. Now all I had to do was wait. If they didn't come back before noon, I would go back to my car.

I had been laying on the roof for hours watching walkers roam the streets. The bright sun was almost in the middle of the clear, blue sky; I knew it was getting close to noon. My mind kept telling me to stay a little longer. They had to come here. If anything, Daryl was checking out the small town looking for a safe place to stay and I knew this town was safe enough for them to stay.

I had fallen asleep and woke up to car doors closing. Opening my eye and looking down, I saw them. It was just Daryl, T-Dog, Rick, Maggie and Glenn. I couldn't hear what was being said, but defiantly knew that Daryl was telling Rick about me just by the way he was pointing at the garage and getting angry. Daryl and Rick kept talking while Maggie and Glenn killed the nearby walkers. Daryl went over to where the brick I threw landed and he picked it up. I was biting my lip to keep from laughing as he threw it angrily at a wall with such force that the brick broke into smaller pieces. T-Dog went inside the garage while Maggie and Glenn went over to Rick and Daryl. Maggie glanced up to the roof of the building I was on and I froze, hoping that she didn't see me. She began looking to the next building and I knew she hadn't seen me.

I kept a watch on them until they left ten minutes later. As far as I could see, they went back towards the way I came. I began to panic and wondered if they had found my car. I needed to get back and make sure it was still there. I knew it was since the alarm would have been loud when it went off, but it doesn't mean they didn't know where it was. Especially since Daryl was a tracker.

I left the building and went back the exact same way I came. I did the same procedures as before when crossing the street and being against the houses. It took me much longer to get back since there were more walkers in my way. I had killed seven walkers before getting back to the house that had the garage my car was in.

I opened the side door and went inside. A hand was quickly around my waist and a hand over my mouth. I had dropped the knife, gun, and flashlight. I began panicking and hitting whoever was holding onto me. I couldn't get out of the strong arm that held me back tight. Tears began streaming down my face. I had no clue on what they were planning to do to me. Thousands of ideas rushed through my mind though making me cry harder. I kept struggling to get free. I slung my head back into the person's nose. I could feel the blood gushing from their nose as it went onto my head and neck. I was shoved down hard onto the hard floor, hitting my head first. The man let out a growl before kicking me hard in the stomach and I let out a loud scream before gasping for air. What did I do to deserve this?
♠ ♠ ♠
poor Lizzie, she's going through hell. I'm such a horrible person xD comment and let me know who you think it is and what will happen next