Sequel: Second Chance
Status: Completed.

I'm with You

Stay

It was the middle of the night and I was in my car trying to sleep. Daryl and Rick were both on watch for any walkers, and probably me as well since I caught them looking towards my car multiple times. I haven't even got out of the car since we stopped a few hours ago. I readjusted the pillow that was resting on the door and pulled my blanket over me more. I was tired, sore, and annoyed that I couldn't go to sleep. It didn't help that I could feel myself being constantly watched.

I reached over to my bag and began looking for the small bottle of aspirin I still had. There were still a few pills left and it would help some with the aches throughout my body. I found the bottle and opened it before dumping the three pills that were left into my hand. I was getting ready to put them in my mouth when a tap on the window scared the shit out of me and caused me to drop the pills onto the floorboard. Groaning, I turned to face the window of the driver's side door to see Daryl standing there.

"What?!" I snapped once I opened the door and momentarily forgot about the aspirin that was dropped.

"Rick wants to talk to ya since yer still awake." Daryl murmured.

"Couldn't he have said so himself?" I questioned before trying to find the aspirin on the floorboard. I quickly found them and swallowed them without water before looking back at Daryl.

"He told me to tell ya." Daryl shrugged.

Knowing that I wasn't going to get any sleep, I went ahead and got out of the car. I tossed the now empty bottle of aspirin over to the side of the road before going towards Rick. Daryl was following right behind me.

"How ya feelin'?" Rick asked when I approached him.

"How do you think?" I muttered. Rick shot a glance over at me before looking out down the road.

"You know I re-" Rick began speaking, but I cut him off.

"Yes, I already know." I was wondering what he wanted to talk to me about since he seemed to go around the subject. "What exactly do you want?" I asked, wanting to get straight to the point.

"Just to know how you were doing and that I regret leaving you back there." Rick answered. I crossed my arms across my chest. He let out a sigh before running his hand through his hair. "How long do you plan on staying in the group?" I shrugged. "I know that you are pissed off and you have the right to be, but you don't need to take it out on the group. None of them wanted to leave you behind, but somehow I convinced them. They all care about you. We all do." I scoffed. You don't leave people you care about in an apartment then leave, especially since that person was hurt.

"That all?" I asked, not caring about what he just told me.

"Just stay with the group, at least until you are strong enough to go on your own. That's all I'm asking of you." Rick was now facing me.

I licked my dry lips as I stood there staring up at the twinkling of the stars in the dark sky. I looked back at Rick before speaking. "I'll think about it." Rick nodded and I began to walk away. Daryl grabbed a hold on my wrist to stop me. I yanked my wrist away from his grip before glaring at him. "Don't fucking touch me!"

"Sorry," he muttered. "Can I talk to ya?"

"No, I plan on going to sleep." I began walking back towards the car again.

"Later?" he asked from right behind me.

"How about never." I mumbled. Why the hell did he want to talk to me now for? He saved my life from some stranger who was going to kill me and now decides it's a great time to talk.

"We need to talk." Daryl was persistent.

"Why?" I asked once I was in front of my car. "Why do you wanna talk now for? Because you saved my life? You want me to thank you still? Or is it because you regret getting me kicked out of the group? You want to apologize? What exactly do you want to talk about? I really don't give a shit to talk to you. You've been a fucking asshole since the day I joined the group. You gonna apologize or tell me why? Why don't you just stay away from me, you make my life a living hell and it's already like that living in this fucking world."

Daryl stayed quiet so I opened my door and got back in the driver's seat. I was about to close the door when he spoke.

"Ya don't havta thank me." Daryl murmured. "And I'm sorry."

"No, you're not." I muttered before closing the door and locking it.

I ignored Daryl who was still standing outside the car door. I put my pillow back against the window and pulled my blanket back over my body. I moved in my seat a little to get comfortable. Since I couldn't sleep, I began thinking about my options with this group once again. They all wanted me to stay, I knew that. There was no way I'd make it on my own right now anyway. Staying in this group was the best option, so I was going to stay. My problem was trusting the group. You know there is a problem when you trust Carl, who is the youngest, out of all of them. Daryl was the one I knew I could never trust. Rick was now right behind him. With me now back in the group, there were going to be some new rules that I had in mind. They at least owe me that much after everything I've went through.
♠ ♠ ♠
just a filler chapter. sorry if it sucks