Sequel: Second Chance
Status: Completed.

I'm with You

Sinister

Rick and I stayed on watch the rest of the evening and night. It was mostly Rick who was watching since I fell asleep in the chair sometime during the middle of the night. Rick didn't say anything about it though.

"Go see who is comin' with us." Rick told me as I stood up for the first time in hours. He already knew I was since I told him that I wanted to get out for a bit.

I went over to Daryl first since he was already awake.

"Comin' on the run?" I asked.

"Where?" he asked. It was his first time even hearing about us going on the run. Only ones who knew were Rick, T-Dog and I.

"Check out some places." I told him. He agreed and I began to walk away before he stopped me. "What?" I asked.

"Ya goin'?" Daryl asked me. I shook my head yes and he didn't say anything.

I asked all the others that were awake, letting whoever was asleep to keep sleeping. It would be only Rick, T-Dog, Daryl, Carl, and I going. Lori was reluctant on Carl going, but Rick told her it was safe enough and that Carl needed practice.

I followed behind Rick as he went out the double glass doors that led out of the library. Carl was behind me, then T-Dog and Daryl. I heard the table being pushed back in front of the doors by Carol and Lori once we were outside. We weren't taking the vehicles since they would make enough noise to draw in unwanted walkers. Since we were going on foot, each of us had a bag, flashlight, and some weapons. We were only allowed to use guns if we had to, otherwise it was knives and Daryl's crossbow that was being used on walkers.

First place we checked was a small pharmacy. Daryl and Rick went in first, Carl and I were in the middle with T-Dog watching our backs. After being told it was clear of walkers, we began filling our bags with anything we could use. Daryl was behind the counter filling his bag with all the medicine he could find. Rick, Carl and I were searching through the shelves out front while T-Dog kept watch for anything outside. Most of the stuff that wasn't behind the counter was either gone or useless. I did manage to get a few bags of cough drops and some feminine products.

We left the pharmacy and went to the small hardware store next to it. Only thing we found useful in it was a small tool set. Everything else in the store was electronic, too big to carry around, or gone.

We kept walking down the street checking any store that might have something useful. We also would check a house every now and then if it didn't seem to be broken into. We were finding very few walkers and Carl was getting his practice by killing them.

After searching all morning, Rick decided that it was best if we went back to the library. We did find quite a lot of stuff that was useful. Out of the six bags that were brought with us, four of them were completely full.

"Hey dad, what's that?" Carl spoke, breaking the silence within our group. We all followed where he was pointing to see a black van driving towards us. It looked like the exact same van that had the people who shot at Jake.

"Quick, get inside." Rick opened the door to a nearby building. Everyone ran inside, but me. I had my gun out, safety off and ready to shoot. "Liz!" Rick hissed at me. I waved him off with my left hand.

I watched as the van got closer. Rick was still standing with the door open, not sure what to do. I took the bag I had and threw it to him before walking away from the building. If these were the same men I thought they were, then I knew they weren't safe. I had to keep them from Rick's group. Rick's group might not be the best group that's alive, but at least he never shot someone,took their weapons and left. At least not from what I was aware of.

The van got closer and I kept my gun up, finger on the trigger ready to shoot. It was the exact same van from that night, and I was sure of it. I kept my guard up as the van stopped beside me and a window was rolled down.

"Ya by yourself?" a muscular man asked.He had shaggy brown hair that was sticking up in all directions. His icy blue eyes were checking me out and it made me uncomfortable. He was smiling and I knew he probably seen the others, so he knew the answer to his own question.

"Might be." I muttered, looking pass the muscular man that was driving to see another guy who was a bit smaller, but covered in tattoos. He had short blonde hair and darker color of eyes. He held the same smile that the driver had.

"Gotta name?" the muscular man smirked, it sent chills down my spine.

"Why ya wanna know?" I asked him, my gun was still pointed at him. I was keeping my eyes on the passenger as well.

"If you're by yourself, you can come with us." the tattooed man spoke, sending a grin my way. His voice was very deep and unpleasant.

"I like being alone." I told them, hoping that they would drive away. Not likely to happen with the luck I have though.

"C'mon, we can protect ya." the drive gave me a creepy grin, sending me a step back from the van.

"Really now? How many are in your group?" I asked, trying to figure out how many were in the back of the van. My eyes glanced to the back where I couldn't see anyone.

"Just the four of us. Was five, but we found him dead." tattoo guy spoke. "There are bad people in this world."

I took a few more steps back from the van with my gun still aimed at the driver. "I know, so who is the other two of you?"

As soon as I asked that question, the side door opened to reveal two more muscular men. One was at least seven feet tall. He was bald, brown eyes, and cleanly shaven unlike the other three. He also looked the oldest. The other man had shoulder length black hair, and hazel eyes that were glaring right into mine. He seemed to be growing out his beard since it was so long.

They got out and I shot long beard first in the head before he could grab me. The other two then quickly got out while I began walking backwards shooting at the three men. My gun jammed and I began to panic. The only man I managed to not shoot was the driver. He had a sinister grin as he watched me struggle to shoot. The oldest looking man that was in the back was still alive also, only because he was shot in the shoulder. The other two were either dead or dying on the ground.

"Get her!" The man that was shot shouted at the driver. He was holding his shoulder, trying to stop the bleeding.

I chucked my gun at the driver as he lunged for me. All the gun did was bounce off his chest and fall to the ground. I turned to run, but was stopped when the man grabbed me around the waist, lifting me up in the air so my feet weren't touching the ground. I began kicking and hitting him, trying to get put down.

"Put me down you son of a bitch! I know who you fucking are!" I screamed.

I looked towards the building that Rick and the other who were on the run went into. Why weren't they helping me? They could kill two guys, I'm sure of it. I'm sure the rest of the group had heard the gunshots and were wondering what was going on. We were only about five blocks from the library. How come nobody was helping me?!

"Do ya now?" the man asked as he took my thrashing body back towards the van.

"You shot my fucking boyfriend and took his gun a couple of months ago." I told him. He let out a deep chuckle.

"The fuckin' moron that we almost hit?" he asked, already knowing who we were talking about. "Glad he's dead."

"Too fuckin' bad that you weren't the one who killed him. All you did was injure him. Bet that makes you feel like a badass." I growled before slinging my head back to hit him in the face. Instead, my head hit his chest since he was about as tall as the other man.

"Either way he's now dead, isn't he?" the man said before throwing me into the van. He grabbed some rope off the floor and tied it around my wrists tightly before slamming the side door of the van and walking away.

I reached down and quickly pulled out my knife that I had put inside the side of my left boot. The knife had cut the side of my bare foot when I was kicking at the man, but I had ignored it. I quickly placed the knife between my legs where it couldn't be seen when both men got in the van. The oldest looking man glared at me before looking away. I took my chance and quickly got the knife into my hands. I stabbed it through the older man's skull hearing it crack and seeing the crimson blood gush out. I quickly moved my tied hands around the driver's neck and pulled back as hard as I could, attempting to strangle him. His dirty hands grabbed at mine as he tried to move them. I put my knees against the back of his seat and leaned back, using it as leverage to pull back more. I could hear him struggling to breathe. The driver's side door opened and the man was stabbed in the head with a knife. I let out a sigh of relief knowing that he was dead.

I saw Daryl as he took his knife from the man's head before freeing my hands. I quickly moved my hands from the dead man before opening the side door and getting out. I took a look at Daryl and saw that he was covered in fresh blood. The other three were walking out of the building and I saw that they were also covered in blood. The building must have been filled with walkers.

"Thanks," I mumbled to Daryl even though I gradually would've killed the man.

I saw in the distance Maggie and Glenn running towards us. I could barely make out the figures of the others standing outside the library. I knew I probably just fucked up our chance on staying in this town. Walkers would've heard the gunshots and were probably on their way here.

"Go ahead and say it." I told Daryl, once I realized that he was staring at me, wanting to say something.

"The hell ya thinkin'?" he asked harshly.

"Was thinkin' on keepin' this goddamn group safe! Those fuckers were the ones who shot Jake." I let Daryl know.

"Wasn't the safe thing to do." Rick joined the conversation. He seemed somewhat impressed with what I had done.

"Could'a been killed." Daryl spoke again.

"Looks like I was handling it quite well." I muttered, crossing my arms over my chest.

"What happened?!" Glenn asked as he and Maggie joined us.

Rick told Maggie and Glenn everything that had happened. Daryl and T-Dog began searching the car and bodies for anything useful. Carl and I had the bags with the supplies we had gotten before we saw the van. We began walking away from Rick, Maggie, Glenn, Daryl, T-Dog, and the four dead men towards the library where everyone else was waiting.

"You kicked ass." Carl told me once we were away from Rick.

I let out a small laugh. "Don't think your dad is too happy with me though."

"He'll get over it." Carl smiled at me. I smiled back knowing that Carl was right.

Rick knew I was just trying to protect the group from those evil guys. He didn't seem too mad at me. If anything, he was more concerned about me.
♠ ♠ ♠
was going to make this 2 chapters, but decided to make it mostly one. any thoughts on what might happen next?