Sequel: Second Chance
Status: Completed.

I'm with You

Reckless

Without really even thinking about it I ran towards the driver's side, stabbing the first walker before taking a few steps back. The other three came to me quickly. I stabbed the first one that got to me before shoving it back into the other two. I reached over it's now lifeless body before stabbing the one on the right and then the one on the left. The three dead walkers fell backwards onto the ground. I quickly got into my car not wanting to deal with the bigger group of walkers that were closing in on me. I sped out of the gas station wanting to get far from the walkers as possible.

It didn't take long for me to catch up with the rest of the group. Instead of joining behind them once again, I sped around each of them. I kept going even when I heard horn behind me, trying to get me to stop. I was too pissed off at them. If it wasn't for my quick thinking, or lack of thinking I should say, I would probably have been food for the walkers. That wasn't exactly on my to-do list for the day.

Looking in my rear view mirror, I saw Daryl behind me on the motorcycle. Everyone else was far behind since their cars didn't go as fast as mine or the motorcycle. I sped up, going way over the speed limit for this road. I took a glance down at the speedometer to see I was going a hundred fifteen. I took my foot off the gas some since I was going a little too fast for my liking.

It took less than five minutes for me to lose everyone in the group but Daryl. He wasn't as close as behind as he was, but I knew he staying close enough to watch me. I knew once I stopped that I would be bitched at by him before the rest of the group joined us. At the moment, I didn't really care. It wouldn't be the first time to get yelled at by him.

I began slowing down when I saw a driveway up ahead. We were at least two hours away from the gas station the was being overrun by walkers, so it would be safe for awhile. I was still going too fast, so I put on the brakes before turning into the driveway I nearly passed. The car was still doing forty and I was amazed that I didn't manage to flip the car when turning or at least hitting a tree. I put on the brakes completely when I was in front of the house. The car came to an almost sudden stop and I slung forward a bit. I began laughing as I put the car into park and turned it off. I knew the first thing Daryl would say to me would be about my reckless driving. I didn't care though. The world was shitty, and I really didn't have anything to lose.

I got out of the car and leaned against the hood as Daryl pulled up beside me on his motorcycle. I smirked as he shut it off and took a glance at me. I could see the anger that he wanted to get out.

"Go ahead, say it." I encouraged him, smiling big.

"The fuck is wrong with ya?" Daryl shouted and I shrugged. "Ya could'a gotten yaself killed." He was confused at the way I was acting and it made me smile even more.

"Don't think anyone really cares what I do, do they?" I asked even though I didn't want an answer from him.

"The fuck ya talkin' 'bout?" He asked before I could continue talking. "Ya know we care."

"Really Daryl?" I questioned, raising my voice an octave higher. "Really?! 'Cause I was once again being left by myself back there. Fuckin' walkers were everywhere man! Had to kill four before being able to get in my car. More were right behind me as I left." I began shaking my head. "Good thing my body knew what to do before I could even think about it! I'd probably be dead by now and none of you gave a shit. Just leave me behind again!" I was no longer smiling as rage took over. "Last time I checked, nobody was ruling the world and I could do whatever the fuck I want. So, don't you dare tell me that I could'a gotten myself killed. I already know that. I knew what I was doing. The better question would be what the fuck is wrong with you and everybody else?!"

Daryl stayed sitting on his motorcycle as he stared in shock at me. I don't think he quite thought I would go ranting to him. I could also tell that he was a bit pissed off as well from me somewhat yelling at him.

When he didn't say anything, I got my gun, flashlight, and knife from my car. I went to the front door of the house, knocking on it and listening for any noises inside. I wasn't planning on staying here, just looking for supplies that could be used. There were no noises so I went inside. I took a glance out of the nearby window to see Daryl getting off his motorcycle. He was probably coming inside to watch after me like I needed a babysitter.

I was upstairs checking out the rooms when I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. I ignored him as I opened a bedroom door to reveal an empty room. It was literally empty, not a single item in it. I thought it was kind of weird since the living room, kitchen, dining room, and bathroom all had stuff in it. Leaving that door open, I went to the next one that was closed. I opened the door to find a small bedroom. This room had a bed, dresser, and curtains on the window. Otherwise it didn't look like it had been used for anything either. Daryl walked passed me and opened the next door. An older looking, male walker came out as soon as the door was opened and Daryl stabbed it with his knife. I shoved past Daryl before going to the final door. I quickly pushed it open to find a room that actually looked like it was lived in. There was a basket of laundry in the corner of the room. Some clothing was strewn out over the dirty carpet. The bed was unmade and a pillow was on the floor. A busted lamp was also laying on the floor.

I went into the room before looking for anything useful. There were three more doors opposite of each other. I knew that one lead to the master bathroom and the other two were for the closet. The closet would be first since people usually kept weapons hidden away in closets. I let out a surprised shriek when two dead kids fell out when the doors were opened. One was a blonde hair boy who had a gunshot through his head. He was at least Carl's age. The other was a small, blonde girl. She couldn't be more than three years old. She also had a gunshot to the head. I felt sick to my stomach. How could someone kill such young kids, especially since neither looked bitten or scratched.

Groaning behind me caused me to jump. I quickly turned around to see a female walker. Where had she come from? I then took notice of the halfway open bathroom door. I guess it wasn't completely closed as I thought. I took my knife and stabbed her in the head. Her dead body fell forward, knocking me down onto the floor. I let out a small yelp as my head hit the floor. I struggled to push the dead body off of me. The dead walker wasn't exactly lightweight and I wasn't the strongest person. Daryl came rushing into the room finding me on the floor.

"Ya alright?" Daryl asked, looking at me laying on the floor next to two dead kids with a dead woman on top of me.

"Yeah, just great!" I breathed out before trying to slide out from underneath the woman.

Daryl finally came over and pulled the woman off of me. I got up and began wiping the fresh blood off of my face.

"So glad that you decided to help." I muttered before walking away.

I left the room and Daryl followed without saying anything. Neither of us cared to search that room now. I didn't even care to be in the house. I went straight outside to my car, using the mirror to remove excess blood that was on my face. I heard cars pull into the driveway and knew that Daryl put something out by the road to let the others know we were here. Now I would have to deal with Rick.
♠ ♠ ♠
shoutout to fienix66613 for commenting