Sequel: Second Chance
Status: Completed.

I'm with You

Confusion

I was still looking in the mirror at myself when everyone got out of the cars. I finally turned to face them, waiting for the confrontation from Rick. Instead of saying anything to me, Rick walked away with Daryl leaving the rest of us to stand around awkwardly. They knew what would be coming, so they just gave me an apologetic smile or averted their eyes from me. Maggie and Glenn began walking towards the house.

"Ain't nothin' in there, already checked. All you're gonna find is a dead family." I spoke up, causing them to stop in their tracks. They nodded their heads before walking around the house to check out back.

Rick and Daryl came back over to the group causing some of the members to scatter. They didn't want to hear the argument that was most likely going to happen. The only one who remained was Hershel, but he wasn't paying any attention to us. Rick stopped when he was only a couple of feet in front of me. I was leaning against my car, arms crossed over my chest, with a smug look on my face. Rick let out a sigh before running his right hand through his hair. Daryl stood off to the side watching us.

"Got somethin' to say to me?" Rick asked. I gave him a confused look. I wasn't exactly expecting that.

"Uh, don't think so?" I said quietly, not really sure what to say. I let my arms fall to my side.

"Here's the deal then, you will now follow right behind my car," He gave me a stern look. "And no more crazy shit." I nodded my head to let him know I understood. I was now curious to what Daryl had told him since Rick was yelling at me like I had expected.

Rick nodded to me before leaving and rounding up the others who were scattered around the property. Daryl just gave me a small nod before getting on his motorcycle. I wasn't quite sure why, but didn't really want to ask. I got in my car since I knew we would be leaving once everyone to their spots in the car they were riding in.

As we began leaving, I did exactly as Rick told me to do. Daryl was leading the group with Rick following. I was driving behind Rick even though I would rather be leading the group so we would be going faster. T-Dog was in the truck behind me and Maggie's car was last like usual.

We drove for hours passing abandoned houses, cabins, barns, gas stations, and even through a small town. We didn't even stop to check out any of those places which surprised me. I wasn't sure what the plan was, but I guess Rick knew best...or Daryl since he was the one leading the group. I was sure Rick was the one who told him though.

We finally did stop early in the evening, and you would believe how disappointed I was. We were at a small cabin, and by small, I mean really small. Out of all the places we passed, Rick, or whoever, decided we would stay here. Nothing would be more fun than spending a night with eleven people, in a cabin that only had a bathroom and living room combined with the kitchen and bedroom.

As I got out of the car, I quickly learned that the only reason we had to stop was because everyone was low on fuel. I put my car keys into my jacket pocket before heading inside after Lori and Carl. Rick and Daryl had already scoped the place out. It wasn't like there was many places to check for walkers inside.

I got inside and slammed myself down on the old, dusty, brown couch ignoring everyone around me. I began thinking about how much this apocalypse has changed me. I went from being a sweet, loving, almost innocent, shy, nineteen year old girl, to a bitchy, smart ass, even more awkward and clumsy, nineteen year old girl. When I joined this group, I changed for the worst it seemed.

"Are you hungry?" Carol asked me, holding out a granola bar. She was the first to talk to me since Rick.

I frowned before shaking my head. "No, thanks."

I was really getting tired of the granola bars. They weren't the good kind, otherwise I would eat them. But no, they had to be the disgusting, healthy kind. Lucky for us, we always managed to find them! I guess even in an apocalypse people wouldn't eat them. I don't really blame them, they always had such a bland taste.

I began looking around me when Carol left to ask the others if they wanted a granola bar to eat. Glenn, Maggie, and Lori were searching for anything we could use. Carl was sitting at the small kitchen table that would only seat two. Hershel was sitting in the recliner that was to the left of the couch. Beth was sitting next to me on the couch, eating a granola bar that was given to her by Carol after I politely denied it. The others were outside since they were not anywhere in the small room.

"Cars are fueled up," Rick told us as he came inside with Daryl and T-Dog following.

I arched an eyebrow. I didn't remember telling any of them to fuel up my car, and one of the rules I told Rick was that nobody was to touch my car. I kept my mouth shut though, not really giving a shit. They were at least kind enough to do so.

It was only ten minutes later when everyone began settling in after finding nothing useful around or in the cabin. The room was crowded with all of us in it. Nobody was outside on watch since it was now raining. I was still sitting on the couch, but was scooted over all the way to the arm rest. Beth was right next to me with Maggie and Glenn on her other side. Lori had taken the other empty chair at the kitchen table across from Carl. Hershel was still in the recliner talking to Carol who was on the floor next to him. T-Dog was sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall by the bathroom door. Daryl was standing up, leaning on the wall by the front door. Rick was standing to the right of the couch next to where I was sitting. He was keeping watch inside by looking out the window behind the couch. It was pretty quiet in the room besides the few who were talking and the pounding of rain hitting the tin roof over our heads.

I got up and all eyes went to me. I ignored it though before heading to the front door. The room was way to crowded for me, and I was getting hot sitting there. That tells you something when you are burning up in the winter time.

"Where ya goin'?" Daryl spoke as I was getting ready to open the door.

"Outside." I muttered to him before opening the door and going out.

As soon as I got outside, the cool wind and rain all hit me at once sending a shiver throughout my body. It felt nice as it quickly began cooling my skin down. I began to regret coming outside after a moment though, it was too damn cold to actually be outside in the rain. Instead of going back into the cabin, I went to my car and got in.

I leaned my head back against the seat and got comfortable. Through the blurry windshield, I could see Rick watching me from the window. He was probably wondering if I was planning on leaving or doing something completely stupid. Too bad I was going to do neither.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the boring chapter. I just wanted to thank all of my subscribers for reading this story. I know it sucks and I'm not the best writer. I will reread my stories and be like 'why the hell did I write this?' or find so many mistakes. So, thank you all for reading. Next chapter will be up soon.