Sequel: Second Chance
Status: Completed.

I'm with You

Necklace

When we got back, we were all brought into hugs, well except for Daryl. I was confused to why they were hugging Maggie, Glenn, and I for. We got back before it was too late in the night, and we didn't have to stop and kill walkers.

"You smell so much better." Lori commented as she brought me into another hug.

I let out a small laugh. "Thanks, I guess. So, what is this all about?"

"From earlier." She explained. I didn't really understand unless she was talking about what happened to me. I didn't think anything bad happened to Maggie and Glenn, but I really hadn't asked or had the time to do so. I was guessing they were a bit shook up with what happened to me.

We all went inside the empty cafe. From the light from flashlights, I could see that they barricaded every other entryway. Were there walkers in the small convenience store that was connected to the cafe, or was it for precaution? I wanted to ask, but didn't have a chance to since I was being handed a bowl of canned chili and led over to a small booth. Maggie and Glenn took a seat on the other side of me before getting handed a bowl of chili. I began eating the slightly warm chili. I knew everyone else ate not too long ago if my chili was still somewhat warm. I caught flickering from the corner of my eye and saw a small fire going on the tiled floor. I guess that would explain why it was warmer in here than outside.

When I finished eating, I took my necklace from my pocket. I brought up to my face taking a small sniff of it before kissing the moon pendant. Maggie and Glenn were gave me a 'what-the-hell' look when I sniffed it. I figured it would smell as bad as my clothes did, but it didn't have an odor at all. I brought it around the back of my neck before clasping it. I turned it so the moon was resting on my chest.

"What's the story with the necklace?" Maggie asked, noticing that it was something I always wore and would occasionally hold or kiss.

I frowned slightly as I remembered how I got it. I began telling her the story about my nineteenth birthday. Glenn sat next to her as they both listened to me as I talked. Throughout the story I would smile and then frown, remembering that Jake was no longer here. When I finished the story, I realized that Carol, Lori, Beth, and Hershel had been listening as well. They all had a look of sorrow, knowing that Jake had meant so much to me.

I got up without saying a word to them. I went over to the small fire before sitting down near it. The warmness from the fire began warming me up and drying my damp hair faster. I had a long day and was ready to sleep, but didn't really know where anyone was sleeping. I laid down on the floor next to the fire, but only close enough that I could feel the heat. Hopefully I would get a goodnight's sleep without being woken up.

I woke up to the sound of something being put in the fire. I kept my eyes closed, knowing that someone was trying to keep it going. I began drifting back off to sleep when a blanket was placed over me.

When I woke up again, it was before dawn. My eyes opened to reveal a dying fire that was farther away than it had been when I first fell asleep. Sometime during my slumber someone had scooted me back some. How I didn't wake up amazed me, unless I had rolled over that far, but doubt it.

I sat up before stretching my back, arms, and neck. The sun wasn't out yet, and neither was the moon, making it dark everywhere in the room besides anything really close to the dying fire. As my eyes began adjusting to the darkness, I began standing up. The blanket dropped off of me, causing me to shiver as the coldness it my skin. My bare feet were standing on ice cold tiles. I picked the blanket up, wrapping it around my shoulders. I began looking around in the darkness, trying to spot anyone. After having no luck, I began walking towards, what I assumed, was the door leading outside. I was trying to be quiet as a mouse, but failed when I walked into a table, knocking whatever was on it to the floor. I heard movement coming from the back of the room.

"Sorry!" I said quietly, hoping they heard me and wouldn't think I was a walker.

"The hell ya doin'?" Daryl asked once he was by my side in the darkness. How he found his way to me, amazed me.

"Tryin' to get outside." I murmured. "Can't fucking see."

I began walking again, this time walking right into Daryl's chest. I murmured another sorry as he took a hold of my wrist and made me follow him. He stopped and I knew we weren't near the door since I could hear him reaching around trying to find something. He let out a sigh of accomplishment when he found what he was looking for. Not even a second later, a flashlight was being turned on. He kept his hold on my wrist as he lead us both outside.

"Thanks," I smiled a little before bringing the blanket around me tighter. The only reason I wanted to come outside was to get my leather jacket and boots, so I would be warmer.

"Why did ya wanna come out here fer?" Daryl asked, shining the light at my face, causing me to squint.

"My leather jacket and boots." I told him before walking towards where I had last seen the truck.

Daryl followed me and shined the light so I could see. I took my boots out of the bag they were in and put them on. They weren't all that wet, but they were really fucking cold. I took out my leather jacket next, putting it on over my hoodie and under the blanket. I took the bags of my stuff before going to my car and placing them inside.

"Ya done?" Daryl asked, as we walked back to the door of the cafe.

"Yeah, is anyone even on watch?" I asked, looking around in the dark.

"Me." Daryl answered, causing me to look at him.

"You're on watch outside?" I questioned, knowing that he was inside when I woke up.

"S'pose to." Daryl smirked, before answering the next question I was getting ready to ask. "But it's too damn cold."

I smiled and rolled my eyes. "Isn't that the truth."
♠ ♠ ♠
so, I know how I plan on ending this story. I believe there is four more months until season 3 I think. so don't worry. there will being plenty more chapters :)