Sequel: Second Chance
Status: Completed.

I'm with You

Chocolate

It took me only an hour to kill all the walkers that had gathered along the perimeter of the fence throughout the night. Adrenaline was pumping through my veins, and I was wanting to kill more. My whole body was covered in fresh walker blood. I wiped my face with the back of my left hand before heading back to where the group was since there was nothing else for me to do.

When I got back, Lori, Hershel, Beth, Carl, and Carol were sitting on the buckets around the fire. I squinted my eyes when I was close enough to hear their hushed voices. Maybe I was a bit paranoid, but I felt like they were talking about me. Instead of joining them, I began walking towards my storage unit.

"Hey! You going with us today?" Glenn spoke from behind me, startling me some.

"Why?" I asked curiously. I was beginning to think that I was becoming paranoid.

"Well," Glenn scratched the back of his head with his right hand. "We need more food, and you're a great help."

Something was off with this group today. Either that, or I'm crazy. I wasn't sure if I should stay here or go. How do I know they don't plan on killing me? Or maybe they will leave me somewhere, hoping I wouldn't find them again.

"When are we leaving?" I asked, smirking a little. Glenn quickly became nervous before telling me that we were leaving soon. He walked away and I continued my way back towards my storage unit.

I had just finished putting my stuff from the storage unit into my car when Daryl told me that we were leaving. I was getting weird looks from everyone in the group. Maybe it was me they didn't trust. I was the one who packed all my shit into my car, thinking they have something up their sleeves.

I quickly locked the car, putting the keys into my jacket pocket. I had my knife and gun on me, ready to go where ever we were heading. We were taking vehicles since every building nearby has been searched for any food. I got in the car we were taking, sitting in the back with Maggie and Glenn. Rick was the driver, and T-Dog in the passenger seat. Daryl was taking his motorcycle like always. It was silent in the car, just like how it was this morning. Carol opened the gate for us, then closing it after we drove out. I was sitting behind the passenger seat, staring down at the road from the window, watching it blur into black.

"So....what happened to letting your ankle heal?" Glenn asked, breaking the silence of the car. I moved my eyes from the road to look at him. I could see Rick peeking in the rear view mirror at me, waiting for me to answer.

"Ain't ever gonna heal in this fucking world," I muttered before looking back out the window.

"Do you plan on leaving?" Maggie asked quietly. I once again turned my head away from the window, this time looking at her.

"Does it matter?" I asked her, curious to know what she would say. At the moment, I didn't plan on leaving, but if something was up, well that was a different story. That was something they didn't need to know though.

Not another word was spoken as we stopped in front of a small grocery store that was on the other side of town. None of us had been here before, but I did remember seeing it when Daryl and I came back looking for the others. At the time we couldn't stop and search it since there were way too many walkers.

We got out and began preparing to go inside. I was standing a few feet away from everyone else. Rick was going over a plan with Daryl, while Maggie and Glenn were talking to each other, and T-Dog was looking around us to make sure it was safe. Rick called the rest of us over and began going over the plan. Once we knew what to do, we got ready to go in. It was then that I realized that some of the guns had silencers. I didn't say nothing of it as we began going towards the doors.

First to go in was Daryl, followed by Rick, Glenn, Maggie, me, and T-Dog. We made it inside safely without any walkers attacking us. We split up into our two groups. I was with Daryl and Rick. We went to the right as the other three went left. I was walking close behind Daryl with Rick behind me. We began going down the last aisle there was. Along the wall was the frozen goods. On the shelves were sauces and spices. None of this was useful to us. Frozen goods were no longer good, and what the hell would we use spices and sauces for?

We kept going until we reached the end of the aisle. More frozen goods lined the back wall as well. It smelt horrible with all the spoiled products. The dirty tiled floor was lined with what was left of eggs that were dropped and whatever else there was. I kicked something by my feet that was growing mold even. I covered my nose with my left arm before following Daryl into the next aisle. I was disappointed when we got to the end, finding it all empty except for a few empty soda bottles. I only got more disappointed as we went down three more aisles, each being empty as well. This store was literally raided of everything, well except frozen goods, sauces, and spices apparently.

Bright lights blinded us as we went down the next aisle. We were now joined back with the other three. Maggie was pushing a shopping cart that was carrying a few items. I couldn't tell what they were from the distance, but at least they found something. Rick began talking to them as Daryl and I searched the shelves before heading towards them at the other end of the aisle. We were empty handed once again.

When we got outside I was able to see the items that Maggie and Glenn were now carrying. There were two cans of peaches, a small bag of rice, and a small bag of chocolate chips. I was smiling after seeing the chocolate. It was something I haven't had since my birthday.

We all got back in the car as Daryl and Rick tried to figure out where to look next. Maggie opened the small bag of chocolate chips, handing it around for us to have some. My eyes lit up and I was smiling big as I took the bag from Glenn, dumping a small amount into my hands, then handing the bag of to T-Dog. I put the chocolate chips in my mouth and let them melt in my mouth. Rick got back in the car as he began driving us to wherever we were going next, and I was now happy that I had some chocolate.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was determined to break my pattern of 1000 - 1099 words per chapter for the last 8 chapters, and I did it.

anyway...

thanks fienix66613 for the comment.

Also, my other story won't be up tonight. I only had a few hours of sleep, then was busy all day so I'm pretty tired. You will get the second update for tonight