Sequel: Second Chance
Status: Completed.

I'm with You

Walkers

The next morning I woke up and was a bit shocked. Some more snow fell, but that wasn't what shocked me, it was all the walkers that were along the fence. There were three times as many as there usually were in the mornings. I began to wonder where they came from and if more were coming.

Almost everyone was still asleep. The only people I could see that were awake were Rick, Daryl, Lori, Carl, and Hershel. Rick, Daryl, and Carl were already killing the walkers along the fence, while Lori and Hershel sat around the small fire eating their breakfast. I went over to the fence since I wasn't hungry and the walkers were a bigger worry. I got a small nod from Rick when I got on the other side of him before killing the walkers. There were at least twenty pushing against the fence in this one spot, so I knew he needed the help. Carl was a few feet from him while Daryl was farther up the fence.

My knife plunged into the head of the first walker in front of me, making it my first kill of the day. I smiled a little before plunging the blood covered blade into the next walker's skull, hearing the sickening crack that I loved to hear. I pulled that knife out before pushing that walker back from the fence. I smirked at the next walker that was standing in front of me. It was trying to claw and bite the fence to get me. I took a step forward before stabbing the knife through its forehead. Blood squirted up on me and I frowned. I had to kick the walker back since my knife got stuck in its forehead. I cursed under my breath when I stumbled backwards a little after getting the knife out. My knife went through the next walker's skull and the one after that. Adrenaline was pumping through my body as I began picking up my speed on killing them. One by one they fell down to the ground, deader than they were before. Carl, Rick, and I finally cleared this part of the fence of walkers. Carl went the direction that Daryl went, while Rick and I went the opposite after Rick told Carl to be careful.

After an hour of killing the walkers along the perimeter of the fence, we met up with Daryl and Carl at the opposite side of the fence from where we started. Sometime throughout our killing spree, Maggie, Glenn, and T-Dog had started on this side. There were twice as many walkers on this side than the side by the gate. Half of them were already laying down on the ground with pools of blood surrounding them. The other half were groaning as they pushed against the fence, trying to grab any of us for their snack. The fence was beginning to buckle with all of them that were pushing against it. It was worse than what Rick, Carl, and I had to deal with earlier. The four of us joined Maggie, Glenn, and T to help kill them. It was another thirty minutes until those were all dead.

The seven us tiredly walked back towards the campfire, not giving a second look at the dead bodies that littered the outside of the fence. We were given water bottles when we joined Beth, Lori, Carol, and Hershel around the fire. As much as I loved to kill the walkers, it sucked when it took a lot of energy from you.

"Get everything packed into the cars, we might need to leave," Rick told us an hour later after we all ate our breakfast. He got some curious glances so he explained that if another horde came that they would probably push over the fence.

We all split up to get our stuff from our storage units. My stuff only included my pillow, blankets, and flashlight, so it only took me a few minutes to put that in my car. Once that was finished, I began looking around until I spotted Rick killing walkers along the fence again. I knew we needed to keep them off, so I went opposite side of him and began killing the walkers that were along the fence again.

It didn't take me long to meet up with Rick along the fence. Not that many walkers had been along the fence since we killed them, but them being dead made it fewer. I began looking along the fence at all the dead walkers we killed since we've been here. Not once have we moved any of them, so they just kept stacking up beside the fence. The walkers would just kick or step on them anyway, so it really didn't matter. They were all dead and couldn't feel a thing, or at least I don't think they can feel.

"Are we staying here much longer?" I asked Rick as we both headed back towards the rest of the group. I wiped the blood off of the blade of my knife onto my jeans before shoving the knife into my back pocket where I usually kept it unless I was sitting or laying down.

"Probably not, but don't say anything. I don't wanna panic them." Rick told me as he ran his hand through his brown hair.

"Won't say a word," I told him before smiling and joining the few others that were around the fire.

The buckets were no longer around the fire and instead in the back of the vehicles. Anything that was in boxes were placed into the buckets since they held more and weren't made of cardboard. A few metal chairs were placed around the fire now though. They were probably found in the storage units, but kept by whoever in their storage unit for themselves. I took my seat in the last of the three chairs. Lori was sitting in the one on my right, while Hershel sat in the one to my left. I began conversation with Lori about her baby since she was the last one that needed to panic.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for the comment fienix66613