Sequel: Second Chance
Status: Completed.

I'm with You

Snowball

"Hey, get up!" A gruff voice said, shaking me from my slumber.

My eyes opened but quickly closed shut. Bright sunlight was shining right in my eyes. I sat up before blinking my eyes open this time. My eyes fell on Daryl who was staring at me.

"What?" I croaked, slightly annoyed that he woke me up.

"We gotta go!" he said before turning away from me and out the door.

My eyes began searching around me as I realized that everyone else was rushing around getting their stuff. I hopped off the counter, grabbing my pillow and blankets in the process. I went out the door and saw a horde of walkers coming our way. I shielded my eyes from the bright sunlight that was reflecting off the few inches of snow that fell last night as I made my to the cars that were still parked across the street. Daryl was on his motorcycle ready to go when I got to the car and put my stuff in the back seat. I got in the back seat once I saw everyone running across the street with their stuff.

Within minutes, all the cars were speeding off with the walkers trailing behind. Once we were a few miles from the small town, we began slowing down since it didn't seem very safe to be speeding down the snowy covered road. I took a glance to see how much gasoline we had in the car, seeing half a tank. I was still tired, so I moved my pillow against the window before laying my head against it and quickly falling asleep.

"Hey, wake up," a voice said quietly.

My eyes opened to once again see the bright sunlight. I frowned before sitting straight up in the seat. My vision had black dots, but it quickly went away. I realized that we were now stopped in front of a two story house. My eyes went over to the door opposite of mine that was opened. Rick was standing there watching me as I took in the new scenery.

"Found a place to stay?" I asked, knowing that I probably just asked a really stupid question.

"For now," Rick told me as I opened the door to get out of the car.

As soon as the door was closed, a small snowball hit my right leg leaving a small wet spot. I raised an eyebrow as I stared at the culprit, grinning like he was innocent.

"Carl..." Rick warned as he came over to me.

"I'm gonna get ya for that!" I smirked at Carl as he took off running inside.

"Sorry 'bout that," Rick apologized as we walked towards the house.

Nobody else was outside, so I figured they were already inside the house. How long have they been here? Why didn't someone wake me up sooner?

"He's alright," I told Rick. "Just being a kid." Rick nodded before I asked him how long we've been here.

"Ten minutes at least. They were just going to let you continue sleeping, but I figured you might rather be inside sleeping in a bed," Rick told me as he opened the front door, letting me go in first.

"Thanks, but I'm not tired. Need'a stay awake so I can sleep tonight," I smiled as we entered the kitchen where Glenn, Maggie, Carol, Lori, Carl, and Hershel were.

"Hey look, it's Sleeping Beauty!" Glenn joked, making it obvious to everyone that I was in the room.

"Rick, did you wake her?" Lori frowned, before looking from him to me.

"It's fine," I told her.

"You should'a let her sleep. If you didn't want her to be outside in the car, you could have carried her inside and put her in one of the empty beds," Carol told Rick.

They began arguing about me not sleeping as if I wasn't standing there. Why was my need to sleep so important to them? I slept some of last night, and at least a few hours in the car. I don't remember having a nightmare, but then again I had one before and didn't remember. Sure, I may not have been sleeping as much as I could and was avoiding it as well, but I didn't sleep when I was tired enough.

"Why the hell does it matter?" I asked loudly, over all of their voices.

"'Cause you need your sleep. You were sleeping so well, and we all know you don't sleep much anymore," Maggie said to me since she was really the one who heard me in the first place.

"I. Am. Fine!" I shouted, causing them to all stop talking. "I'm so glad that everyone is worried about me sleeping, but seriously, this is ridiculous!" I shook my head before looking at each of them. "Rick gets less sleep than me, and he is the leader. Nobody seems too concern over him!" I shook my head with disbelief before walking out of the kitchen with Carl behind me. "For fuck's sake!" I muttered.

We went out to the backyard before having a snowball war. Carl seemed to be happy that he had someone to play with, even if I was a few years older than him. Beth usually spent time with him too, but he seemed to like being around me more.

"Gotcha!" I squealed just as a snowball hit me in the back.

I turned to see that Glenn had joined us. Another snowball was already in his hand as he stood there smirking. Another snowball hit me in the back and I turned to see a smiling Carl.

"Hey! This is not fair!" I exclaimed as Carl and Glenn both started throwing snowballs at me.

I soon hid behind a tree, waiting for another to hit me. I could feel eyes watching us from the kitchen, but didn't care. We weren't making a lot of noise, so walkers would only be heading our way if they smelled us. I stuck my around around the tree to see where Glenn and Carl were. Neither were where they last were, so they had to be hiding behind something. I did however spot Daryl walking around the side of the house. I scooped up some snow into my already cold, wet, red hands and made a ball shape out of it. I then stepped around the tree to throw it at Daryl. The snowball flew past in front of him and hit the side of the house. He jumped back, and I quickly got back behind the tree.

"Saw that!" Daryl said. He didn't seem mad that I threw it at him, even though I did miss, thanks to my great aim.

I peeked around the tree to see him smirking before going inside the house. Snow was then being put down my shirt and I jumped from behind the tree as I tried to get it out.

"Oh shit! That's cold!" I shrieked as I began fanning my shirt, trying to get the snow that Carl and Glenn put down my shirt out of it.

Once the snow was out, I could feel the wetness of the back of my shirt. I frowned before glaring at the main culprit, Glenn.

"Why'd ya do that for?" I asked him, frowning slightly. He laughed before giving Carl a high-five.

I began walking away from them, heading inside since my clothes were wet and I was cold. Last thing I wanted to do was get sick,freeze to death, or get frost bite. Glenn called after me, and I knew they were following me inside.

I went to the kitchen to warm up since it had a gas stove. It had been on earlier when I was in the kitchen. Carol, Lori, Maggie, and Hershel gave amused looks at Glenn, Carl, and I as we entered the warm kitchen. I took my leather jacket off, placing it on the counter before holding my hands over the small flames coming from the stove top, warming them up. Carl and Glenn did the same since our hands were literally like ice. Once our hands were warm, we began sitting around the kitchen wherever we found a place to sit and joined in conversation with whoever.