Sequel: Second Chance
Status: Completed.

I'm with You

Ghost

If you didn't know where you were in the middle of the woods, would it be considered being lost? If so, then I am lost. Then again I never knew where I was to begin with.

I have been walking for the past hour, still not feeling safe enough to stop. I felt lightheaded and I knew exactly why. I needed to stop the bleeding completely as soon as possible or I would bleed to death, then turn into a walker. Being a walker still wasn't on my list of things I wanted to happen to me. The only luck I was having right now was seeing no walkers.

I stopped walking before collapsing to the snowy ground on my knees. My right hand uncovered the wound as I dropped the knife to the ground and then awkwardly took off my backpack while trying to not move too much. I slide off my jacket while hissing in pain. I pulled my hoodie and shirt to the side, not wanting to take either off. I cocked my head to the side, trying to see the wound as much as I could. Pain shot through my neck, but I ignored it as much as I could. I picked up some snow and tried to clean the wound as much as I could. The coldness from the snow caused me to shiver. My eyes fell onto the backpack as I tried to remember what was packed in it. I let out a groan realizing that only the aspirin was useful.

I fell backwards until my back hit the ground with my knees still under me. I hopelessly stared up into the grey sky. Snow was no longer falling down, not that it mattered to me. Bleeding to death was what mattered to me. I was going to die out here in the woods due to some jackass shooting me. There was no way I could stop the bleeding. I couldn't cut my clothes and tie it tight enough around me to stop it, trying would be just pointless.

I sat back up before shrugging my jacket on, wincing at the pain it caused me. I stood up before picking my backpack off of the ground. I placed the strap only on my left shoulder right over the wound. Maybe by some miracle, it would have enough pressure against it to stop bleeding. I picked up my knife in my right hand before placing my hand over the backpack strap, applying more pressure.

My journey began again to who knows where. It was getting dark, but I really didn't have any other option than to keep walking while not passing out. If only I could climb a tree right now, then it would be safe. Being with the group would be safe. Hell, being anywhere but the middle of these damn woods would be safe! At least I haven't got the attention of walkers yet. There were still none in these woods.

If it wasn't for the coolness around me, I would probably have passed out by now. My eyes were drooping closed every few seconds. I had to remind myself why I needed to stay awake. My feet lazily trudged through the woods, every now and then stumbling over something. I guess I was lucky enough to not fall. I have no idea if the wound was still gushing blood, but my hand has stayed in the same spot since I started walking again. Keeping pressure on both sides of my shoulder wasn't easy. My whole body ached, especially from the position that my arms were in. It probably looked like I was trying to hug myself weirdly.

Darkness began to settle in with even cooler air. Any moment and I was going to pass out. If only I could somehow live through this, but there were no other options. I could only hope for a miracle. A miracle that someone kind would find me and help me. I don't care who it is really, as long as they doctor me up and not kill me.

My feet kept tripping over everything now. Keeping my eyes open was an even harder task. I'm sure under all the mud and blood caked onto my skin, I was pale as a ghost. Maybe I've already died and became a ghost while the rest of my body turned into a walker. Nah, I could still feel pain, so I was still a living human for now. How much longer did I have to live? If I turn into a ghost when I die, I'm gonna haunt the fuck out of the people who shot at me, leaving them dead for my zombie body. I began laughing at myself from just thinking that. I wonder what does happen when you die though? Am I going to stay in my body and be a zombie? No. I'm going to live, I am determined to.

The ground under my feet changed. I gave a confused glance down to the ground, not quite understanding what was happening. I was too far out of it. My body collapsed to the ground face first. More pain shot through my head and arms. The ground felt rough, but smooth at the same time. It took me a few seconds to realize why. I was laying in the middle of the highway. All I had to do now is wait. Just wait to either die or someone saves me.

My eyes kept blinking, struggling to stay open. I don't want to pass out. I don't want to die either. Please, somebody save me. Where is everyone? People are still alive. Why aren't they finding me? I can't keep my eyes open much longer. I'm so dizzy. Is that a bright light? Wow, I'm really dying aren't I? What is that noise? Why is the light getting brighter? I can't keep my eyes open any longer, I must close them. Is that talking in the distance? Probably just hearing things...
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?!

also chapter 4 of 4 for tonight