Status: On-going

I Want You Back

Chapter 10: Trying a relationship

Cesc POV

I would be lying if I said Marley admitting her love for Cristiano was still there didn’t hurt me. But the fact that she had growing feelings for me gave me hope that maybe one day we could be together. I would just have to fight to show her that she needs me and not Ronaldo in her life.
So today was the first day of the start of what I hoped with would be the beginning of a very fruitful relationship.
While she still harboured feelings for Ronaldo we agreed to give us a try and with that I had spent three days convincing her to go on a date with me.
I had gone all out to get her attention; sending flowers to her office before practise, getting an advance copy of her favourite band’s cd sent to her and my personal favourite getting one of Junior’s favourite cartoon character to send him a personalized message just so he could stop complaining to her about Doddle the Poodle.
“Oh look at Mr Fancy” Carlota teased as she walked into my bedroom while I was fixing my tie. “Looks like someone is trying to give Marley the D” she mocked as she threw herself on the bed.
I looked at my sister in horror of her casual tone but she merely shrugged.
“So are you nervous about tonight? I know you’ve been looking forward to this day like forever” she mocked.
“I’m not nervous. I’m looking forward to showing her what a real man is. I doubt Ronaldo knows anything about that” I laughed before taking my wallet and putting it in my pocket before walking out the room and down the stairs.
Carlota followed behind me before going to the kitchen to collect the flowers u had brought for Marley.
“Make sure you use protect” she continued to tease as she handed me the flowers and ushered me out the house.
I smelt the flowers before taking a deep breath and walking to the car.
Tonight I’d show Marley just how much she needed me in her life.
***
Marley’s POV
I brushed down my dress as I stood at the side of my car trying to get ready for my date with Cesc. I was hella nervous ahead of the date but also excited at the thought of finally getting some alone time with Cesc.
He had arrived 5 minutes ago and shot me a text to let me know he was here. We had agreed to meet at the restraint just so we didn’t draw to much attention to us.
“Do you have a reservation mam?” the hostess asked as I walked into the restaurant.
I opened my mouth to answer but was silenced by the waiter who came over to explain that my date was already waiting.
I bid my fair well to the lady before following the waiter to the table at the corner where Cesc was sitting.
He immediately stood up before walking behind my chair, pulling it as I sat and pushing it back in. he then walked to his own chair and sat down.
He nodded to the waiter who quickly left.
“I hope you don’t mind but I order us something to drink” he informed me as I shrugged.
“It’s fine Cesc really. You making me feel really special” I said referring to the chair incident.
“That’s because you are Marley. It’s about time someone showed you” he continued as I shrugged. “So how was your day?” he asked because we hadn’t had training at the club today.
“Ok I guess. Junior was….” I began speaking.
The conversation rolled on till 12 midnight as we laughed and shared stories about everything. The food had come on gone, the drinks were drunk but the only think that really mattered was the conversations between us. We never seemed to run out of things to say and Cesc seemed to genuinely listen to what I said unlike Cristiano.
“I’m sorry but the restaurant is about to close” the waiter let us know as he put the receipt on the table.
Cesc offered to pay for the meal but I stopped him.
“Nope. No way. I want to go fifty-fifty” I said as I divided my money.
Cesc opened his mouth to protest but I stopped him by putting the money on the table and standing up.
Cesc sighed but put his money on the table as he followed me out.
“You always get what you want?” he mocked as we walked to the parking lot.
“Not always but I get a feeling that I will with you” I smirked as he nodded.
We walked to my car before standing there and looking each other in the eye. We both let out shy smiles as we tried to figure out what to do next.
“Uhm I got you flowers” Cesc said breaking the silence. “I forget them in the car but I’ll give them to you later…hopefully”
“Cesc are you asking me to take you home?” I flirted as his cheeks flushed.
He shrugged before saying maybe.
I continued to tease him as we stood around in the parking lot and joked around.
“So on Friday there’s…” he began but I silenced him as I surged forward as I connected his lips with mine.
Cesc stood still as I moved my lips against his but as I snaked my hands around his neck he relaxed as he pulled me closer and placed his hands on my waist. As I opened my mouth Cesc put his tongue in as we began to French the hell out of each other. We kissed passionately for goodness knows how long before the sound of footsteps caused out to pull apart.
“Sorry I didn’t see you there” the waiter from the restaurant apologised as he walked to his car.
Me and Cesc laughed at the interruption.
I knew that this was a sign that the night had to end so I gave Cesc one final kiss before getting into my car.
He knocked on my window so we continued to speak.
“Yes” I smiled as I rolled down my window.
Cesc said nothing but I just surged forward as he reconnected our lips.
As I began to moan he pulled away and smirked.
“That’s just a little taster of what you can expect from me” he teased before walking away and leaving me speechless.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued…