Status: On-going

I Want You Back

Chapter 11: I’m not over you

Cristiano’s POV

As I drove to Marley’s house my mind kept on telling me to turn back. I didn’t really want to do this and I wasn’t ready to make the sort of commitment that she wanted.

But my heart told me to forget my brain and listen to it.

So as I parked the car and her driveway and reached to the back seat to grab the flowers o had gotten her I took a deep breath before stepping out. What I was about to do would hopefully change things for the better.

I rang the doorbell as I waited for her to answer the door.

As the door swung open I took in her flustered appearance before she told whoever was on the other line that she would call them back.

“Cris? What are you doing here?”

She may have meant that as a question but the way it came out it seemed like she was a little irritated with me.

“I came to see you”

I smiled as I handed her the flowers. She took them from me before inviting me in. she told me to make myself comfortable while she went to put the flowers in a vase.

“Uhm so what did you say you were doing back here?”

She asked as she walked into the room. I cleared my throat before answering her.

“Marley I’m here to see you”

She stared blankly at me for a few seconds before speaking again.

“Why?”

“I thought you’d ask that. Look Marley I’m in love with you and it’s taken me sometime to realise this but now that I have I don’t want to lose you. I broke up with Irina a couple of days ago. I did it because I realised I could never love her the way I love you”

I explained as she nodded. Her face didn’t seem as excited as I hoped she would be at my announcement.

“This is totally unexpected…” she breathed before standing up. “I mean Cris I’ve waited a long time to hear you say that but now that you have I’m not sure if it’s what I really want now. Things have changed. I’ve changed and I’m slowly starting to get over you”

I stood up the minute she said that and walked over to where she was.

“No Marley you don’t mean that. You aren’t over me. You still love me. I know I’ve been an idiot about all of this but believe me when I say I love you and only you. What can I do to prove this to you?”

Her mouth opened and closed repeatedly as she tried to think of an answer.

“Ok look I know what we can do” I bargained as I feared her indecisiveness would give me an answer I did not like. “Why don’t we go out tonight? Just me and you. If we still have that spark between us then we give things a go, a real shot. And if there is no spark then I’ll walk away and I’ll never bother you again. I’ll let you move on with your life and junior would be the only thing that keeps us connected. So what do you say?”

I knew I was taking a big leap with that deal but if I knew Marley the way I thought I did then tonight would be the beginning of the rest of our lives.

I looked deep into her eyes as I awaited her answer.

“Yes”

***

Marley’s POV

I knew that I was playing with fire by saying yes to this date with Cris tonight but I needed this to happen so I could know where he and I stood. I had told Cesc about it and even thought he was a little disappointed in my agreement to all of this he let it go because he was confident that there were no feelings on my side for Cris.

“This is it” Cristiano called out as we parked in front of an abandoned building.

I gave him a sceptical look but he smirked before getting out of the car and walking to my side and leading me out.

“Don’t worry Marley I know what I’m doing or don’t you trust me?” he questioned.

He knew the answer to that question so he just smiled before taking my hand and walking with me to where the elevator was.

The ride up was filled with small talk but I noticed that Cristiano refused to let go of my hand. As the bell dinged to signal our arrival he told me to close my eyes. I complied as I let him lead me to where we were going.

“Ok my lady you can open them now” he said as he held on to my waist.

I gasped as I took in the rooftop view of Barcelona. He had also set up a romantic table for two where we would be having dinner. There was also a man with a violin there to play songs while we ate.

“Are we gonna eat or are we just gonna stand here the whole night and admire the view?” he laughed before walking me over to my seat.

The waiter put our starters down before encouraging us to dig in. as we ate I listened to Cristiano tell me stories of things he got up to with his teammates and family while I wasn’t around. I also listened to him tell me stories about the rumours the press where making up about him to sell their trashy tabloids.

I laughed at the jokes he told and nodded at all the appropriate parts to show my genuine interest in what he was telling me.

“Am I boring you?” he asked after 45 minutes of him talking and me juts listening.

“No of course not Cris. I love hearing you talk about yourself all the time” I lied.

He didn’t get it as he continued to go on and on about himself.

Eventually a yawn slipped through my lips, something Cristiano noticed.

“Oh Marley why didn’t you tell me you were tired? We’ve been here 3 hours and you don’t even complain once” he said as we quickly stood up.

I would have fought and told him it wasn’t tiredness that made me yawn, rather it was him and his stories. But instead I just nodded as we made our way back to his car. The drive back to my house was once again filled with talk about him and as he pulled up in my drive way I gave a silent thank you that this date was finally over.

I don’t know what I was thinking going out with him tonight. He was an egotistical bore who only cared about himself. He only cared about us getting back together when he saw that I had moved on.

“So I guess this is goodnight…” I said as we stood at the door.

He nodded as a small smile took over his face.

“You know the night doesn’t have to end here”

He teased as he moved his hands to lie on my waist. I inhaled deeply at that action before turning to look back at him.

“Cris…”

I began but was interrupted when he moved forward and connected out lips.

“Don’t fight this Marley I know you want it too”

He reasoned before I opened the door and allowed him into my house.

As I closed the door behind me crostino pushed me against it before reattaching our lips. I grabbed onto his back as his tongue danced around with mine. When I began to moan against him he pulled away with a smirk on his face.

“Why don’t we take this upstairs?”

I nodded my head before leading him up.

[to be continued…]