Status: On-going

I Want You Back

Chapter 13: Telling the truth

I paced around my living room as I waited for Cesc to put Junior down. The two of them had become inseparable ever since I had moved to Barcelona and I wondered what my news would do to the relationship they now had.

“You’re gonna burn a whole in that carpet” he joked as he walked in. he gave me a kiss on the cheek before sitting down and switching on the TV.

When I didn’t join him on the couch he knew something was wrong.

“Marley is everything OK?” he questioned as I looked at him and debated whether to tell him.

“Cesc I’m so sorry” I cried. He quickly stood up to comfort me as the tears fell down my cheeks.

Cesc rubbed my back as he tried to soothe me. I knew I didn’t deserve his kindness so I pulled away from him.

“I don’t deserve this. I don’t deserve your kindness” I cried as he looked at me confused.

“Marley what are you…”

“I slept with Cristiano” I blurted out as the words fell out before I could stop them.

I watched as anger flashed through him but he said nothing.

“Cesc please say something” I begged as he looked straight at me.

“I forgive you” he admitted as his expressions softened.

I shook my head no as he spoke.

“No. you don’t mean that. You can’t mean that. You don’t mean that” I called out as he moved closer to me.

“No Marley I do. Look I get that there will always be feelings on your part, your night together is proof of that but for me that means nothing. I still love you and I want to be with you. This indiscretion doesn’t change that” he admitted before leaning forward and capturing his lips with mine.

I moaned into the kiss as his tongue fought with mine. As I began to relax Cesc gently moved us to the sofa where he gently laid me down. But before anything could happen I pulled away.

“We can’t do this” I breathed as he shook his head no.

“Marley its fine. I’m not angry all I care about is that you are with me” he smiled before leaning forward in an attempt to reattach our lips.

I moved just in time so his kiss landed on my cheek.

“What’s going on?” he looked on confused.

I pushed him back a little as we sat straight up on the sofa before we could speak.

“Me and Cristiano sleeping together brought back many feelings” I admitted as he nodded in understanding. “I’ve always been honest with you about how I felt and I respect you for always being considerate of those feelings. But me and Cristiano… we spoke after doing the deed and we’ve decided to give us a try” I admitted as I watched him look on in shock.

“Are you saying…?”

I nodded before he could even finish the sentence.

“Yes Cesc. I’m saying we are over. I want to give this thing with Cris a real chance. I want us to be a real family and I can’t do that if you are still in the picture” I explained as he shook his head no.

“Look Marley I understand how you feel about him but do you honestly think you two will work out? The man only started caring about you when you started to move on. Do you honestly think that he loves you? He knows that you will always jump when he wants you too, that why he wants you back” he ranted but I slapped him before he could continue

He looked on in shock at what I had done.

“You know nothing about Cris. He loves me. He just needed some time to figure things out and now that he has, he knows that we are meant to be. I know you are angry about this but that doesn’t mean you have the right to insult me or him” I yelled back as I stood up off the couch and made my way to the door.

Cesc followed behind me, obviously knowing what I was gonna do.

“No Marley please stop” he begged as I held onto the lock of the door. “Look I’m sorry for insulting you and him. It’s just… you have to understand I’m still a little angry. I’m sorry” he repeated as he forced me to turn around and hugged me.

I let him do that for a few more minutes before pulling away.

“Cesc I’m so sorry for what I’ve done but I’m not changing my mind. I want to be with Cristiano and I want us to be a family. I hope you can understand this and please respect my decision” I stated as he reluctantly nodded.

“You are an amazing girl Mar. I hope Ronaldo recognizes that” he said before kissing my cheek and walking out.

I held my breath as I listened to him drive off before dropping to the floor and breaking down. I wasn’t sure whether I was crying over the fact that my relationship with Cesc was over or the fact that he was right about Cris.
♠ ♠ ♠
[to be continued]