Status: On-going

I Want You Back

Chapter 23: Making plans

“Remember to take it easy and I’ll see you in a couple if weeks” the doctor instructed as we sat in the car before making our way home.

Both Marley and I nodded at his orders before saying goodbye.

I started the engine before giving Marley one last look as I drove us home.

Following a few minutes of silence I finally spoke.

“You are awfully quite?” I quizzed her as she looked back at me.

“Sorry about that. I guess i must nervous seeing everyone again. They are all expecting 2013 Marley and unfortunately they are going to have to settle for the 2010 version of me” she explained as I nodded.

After she had woken up the doctor confirmed that she had suffered short-term memory loss. He couldn’t say how long it would last for but he had encouraged us not to tell her anything but rather let her figure things out for her self.

For the most part that was good for me because it meant I got to spend a lot more time with her, which in the long run would help her fall back in love with me. I just worried for Junior because he was the only one who didn’t know what happened to his mother. The rest of our family was informed about her short-term memory loss but I couldn’t explain to my 3 year old what had happened to him mother.

“They family will understand, I’ve told them what to expect” I admitted as she nodded. She didn’t say anything else as I drove us home.

Once inside my mom and sisters said their hellos as the all caught up in an attempt to make her feel comfortable.

I had disappeared into the kitchen, when my mom walked up behind me.

“You are lying to her aren’t you?” she stated, as she looked me in the eye.

I opened my mouth to deny everything but she knew me better and I said nothing because she was right.

“Oh Cristiano I can’t believe you. First, you leave her to die and now this? What did you tell her happened? Does she even know that the two of you have broken up?” she began questioning, as I shook my head no.

“I told her that it was Cesc’s fault. I know what I did was bad but mom I love her and I can’t lose her”

“So what you choose to lie to her instead?”

“It’s not like that…”

“I don’t care what its like. All I know is that I didn’t raise my son to turn out like this. You really have disappointed me Cristiano” she added before walking out of the kitchen.

I punched the kitchen top at her statement. If she was disappointed in me, then she should know how disappointed I was in myself.

***

“Katia still loves to gossip” Marley joked as we sat down later in the afternoon, once my family had left.

“Yes she still does. She knows everything about everyone” I teased as we sat in the living room.

Marley sighed as she looked out the window before turning back to me.

“Your mother says I should talk to Cesc about the accident. She thinks it will help me sort through a few issues I might have” she admitted as I looked at her in shock.

My face went pale at her admission and I felt my heart begin to pound, as I wanted to know if she would indeed be meeting with Cesc.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea. He will probably lie to you” I began and she nodded.

“Yeah I know but I still want to speak to him. Just to get closer on the issue”

“WHY?” I snapped as I felt myself getting angry at her and worried for myself.

“Calm down Cristiano I ust want to move on from this and I think I can only do that if I speak to him. And anyway the sooner I do it the better for us…”

“How so you figure that?” I said as I tried to calm myself down.

“Elma mentioned how before the accident we were discussing wedding plans and if you’d still have me I’d love to marry you” she smiled at her admission.

“Of course I’d still have you but I don’t know why you are so determined to speak to Cesc about this. Why cant we just get married and forget all about this?” I pleaded as I kneeled in front of her.

She took a deep breathe before answering.

“Because Cristiano I may never recover and I might spend the rest of my life trying to remember things that will never remember. So I want to look him in the eye and show him what he has done to me. I want him to look at me and explain why he did what he did” she explained as my heart pounded.

My head screamed at me saying I was the one who would have to deal with that guilt but I couldn’t say it to her.

As much as I knew how I had screwed things up, I couldn’t bring myself to tell the truth to her.

“Ok. If that s what you want to do then I’ll support you” I announced as she hugged me.

Shit. Now I have to figure out how to keep the truth from her before Cesc blows my whole story and I lose Marley forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...