Status: Ongoing

Picking Up the Pieces

Chapter 1: The Good Life

"Another round for the whole club my good man" I instructed the bartender as the whole crowd cheered.
"Sergio don't you think you should slow down?" Gonzalo urged as I took a sip from the bottle of my ridiculously expensive champagne.
"Hell No Gonzo. We are top of the table, we need to celebrate" I yelled as everyone raised their glass in congratulations.
I watched Gonzalo shake his head disapprovingly before moving to sit down back down.
We had just won a game against Real Zaragoza a result that saw us move to the top of the table, a single point above Barcelona. So what that we were only 8 games into the season and I had already received 4 yellow cards?! Life was good for Sergio Ramos right now. A model/ presenter for a girlfriend, 2 time La Liga winner and recently voted best central defender in Europe. What more could a man like me honestly hope for when I already had everything I could ever want?
"Don't let Gonzo ruin this for you baby. You are top of the log and you deserve to celebrate" Lena encouraged as she pulled me in for a sloppy kiss. "Maybe we can take this party to somewhere a little more private?" she whispered before taking my hand and leading me away to a private bathroom.
`
"Gentlemen I'm so glad you could make it here for early morning practice" Carlo yelled as I nursed a hangover by taking in more liquids. "Now start running, we need to prepare for the derby this weekend" he continued before blowing his whistle and instructing us to start running.
"Oh Sergi don't tell me you are struggling to keep up" Cristiano teased as we continued to run.
Normally I would have yelled back but considering I felt like throwing up every time I opened my mouth, I decided to keep my mouth shut and receive the abuse like a man.
"Sergio are you OK?" Gonzalo questioned once practice began to wind down.
"Yeah I'm fine. Are you OK?" I retorted in an attempt to get him to stop being nosy. He just gave me a look and I knew where this was going. "Look amigo I'm fine. It's just a little hangover. Nothing to worry about" I explained as I began to walk back to the locker room.
However he wouldn't let it go that easily as he pushed me to a quieter part of the hallway.
"You've been saying that a lot since you've hooked up with Lena" he began as I rolled my eyes. "Look Sergio I get that you're excited about with a new woman but she acts like an adolescent teenager. Always partying because she doesn't have a real job. You need to slow down. We aren't even ten games into the season and you already look exhausted" he continued to lecture.
"Look Gonzalo" I interrupted before he could say anything more. "I'm a grown man I can take care of myself. As for Lena, just because she likes to go out here and there it doesn't mean she's a bad influence. She's just teaching me to enjoy my life, maybe you should try doing that sometime" I said dismissively as I walked away.
Honestly why is he so worried about me being a little more social than usual. It's not like this new me would spell the end of my career.
[TO BE CONTINUED...]
♠ ♠ ♠
Please leave me comments on this story. I'd really appreciate it.