Status: Ongoing

Picking Up the Pieces

Chapter 2: Signs of her True Colors

"Baby can’t you use one of your connections to get me a job at a television station?" Lena whined as I tried to focus on the game.

"Yeah yeah I’ll try" I said trying to get her to shut up for two seconds.

It’s bad enough I was suspended for tonight’s away game against Barcelona but listening to her complain about some audition she didn’t get a call back for was working my last nerve.

"Huuumph" she breathed heavily as a silence descended over us but I kept my eyes on my teammates. I just ignored her while continuing to watch the game. "Huuuump" she said again, this time a little more loudly.

"Jeez Lena what the fuck is the problem?" I snapped.

"I’m bored" she whined.

"So? What do you want me to do about that?" I asked, slightly annoyed at her actions.

"I want you to take me out" she announced as I looked back confused.

"Uhm… what?"

"I want you to take me out. NOW”she repeated this time a little louder.

"Are you kidding me?! You know I’m not allowed to go out tonight and even if I was, I’m not in a mood for a crowd" I admitted as her nostrils flared in anger.

"You always do this! Whenever I want to do something nice for us, you always ruin it by telling me that you are tired or the club doesn’t permit it. Just for once I wish you’d do something for me and stop letting other people decide things for us" she cried as I held in the urge to roll my eyes.

"Ugh whatever fine. Go get changed we’ll go out but not for too long because if any one finds out about this night out, the club will fine me" I reasoned as she stood up with the biggest smile on her face.

"Don’t worry about it babe. I’ll have you home and safe by 12 sharp" she promised as she ran to the bedroom to find a different outfit for tonight.

`

"Ramos stays out till 5 am drinking, while teammates are humiliated against Barca"

"Seville Stallion stumbled out of club early in the wee hours of the morning"

"Sergio Ramos: Enjoys drunken night out while teammates are humbled at the hands of arch rivals"

"Do I need to go on or have you heard enough?" Carlo asked as he went through the morning papers the next day.

"I-I think I get the message now" I mumbled as my head pounded.

"Do you Mr. Ramos? Or are you just saying that so you can get out of here to deal with your hangover?" he continued to yell as my breath hitched.

"I can exp…"

"There’s no need son. We’ve decided to fine you 3 weeks wages but I should warn you should this ever happen again the price you will pay is worse" he threatened before giving me a look and kicking me out his office.

As I closed the door behind me I took a deep breath, thankful that the only punishment I had was just a fine. It could have been worse and I’m just thankful that this was my first disorderly act at the club.

"Everything OK man?" that idiot Gonzalo asked as I walked to the car park.

I wanted so badly to tell him to leave me alone because his bugging me was irritating me just as much as this headache right now. But rather I kept silent as I walked to my car and unlocked it.

"Sergio what the fuck man? Are you giving me the silent treatment because you are throwing your career away?” he yelled.

"I’m not doing anything Gonzalo. So what if I’m drinking a little and having fun? It’s not like I’m hurting anyone"

"Ser…"

"No I’m not done Higuain. I’m going to say this once and once only. Stay the fuck out of my life and let me do me. If I need your help I’ll come to you but until then stay out of my business and get your own life together" I snapped before getting in my car, closing the door and driving away.

What is it with these people and giving me unsolicited advice? My life and career are going just fine. If I do need any sort of help, I’ll get it myself.

[TO BE CONTINUED]
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy.