Status: Ongoing

Picking Up the Pieces

Chapter 3: Social Life Problems

"Man I think you are too drunk to drive tonight. Why don't you wait here and I'll get my car and drive you home?" Gonzalo attempted to reason but I shook my head no.
"Look Pipa I'm fine" I reassured him as I attempted, and failed, to walk in a straight line.
"Serg..."
"No Gonzalo I'm fine" I yelled back in an attempt to save myself from yet another Gonzalo Higuain lecture.
When did he become such a good boy? I think to myself as I make my way to my car. I miss the god old days when him and I could get drunk, take girls home and not have a care in the world the next day.
"OH. MY. GOSH. You are Sergio Ramos" a blonde woman with rather large breasts, and questionable fashion sense, says as she walks towards my car.
"Yes. Yes I am" I flirt as the woman walks up to me.
"Uhm I'm a huge fan... I just came by to know if I could get an autograph?" she smirks as she eyes me up and down.
"But you don't have a paper I could sign" I note as she licks her lips.
"I know I was actually hoping you'd sign another more... intimate part of my body" she breathes in my ear before lifting up her top to reveal her lace red bra.
I am left speechless for a few seconds at her boldness before I take her pen and start signing her right breast. Once I'm done she says thank you before dropping her top and looking presentable once again.
"Did you enjoy the show?" she teases as she realizes that my eyes are still scanning her breasts.
"Uhhm. I... I'm sorry"
"Oh honey don't apologize. I can give you the full show if you say the right words" she smirks as she moves to grab my package in the palm of her left hand. "And I'll even be a good girl and keep it between the two of us" she breathes before squeezing.
I groan at her actions before removing her hand and looking around to see whether anyone had seen what she has done. As I realize that there is no one in the parking lot I take a deep breath before looking back at my blonde fan.
"So your place or mine?" I smile as she does the same.
"My place" she says before climbing into the passenger seat of my car. "Don't you want to know my name?" she asks as I start up the engine.
"Not really. This is a onetime thing and I don't plan on seeing you again so why waste time with formalities" I shrug before reversing and making my way to the girls place.
***
"Oh thank goodness you're back" Lena greets me as I walk through the door the next morning. This girl is so oblivious to my disheveled state that she doesn't even ask where I was but rather starts rambling on about something.
"...So the agency said I wasn't the right fit for the campaign so they hired someone else" she whines as she follows me into the kitchen which to my surprise is being occupied by my family.
"Mama, Papa, Rene and Marian. What are you guys doing here?" I question as I walk over to the fridge to get some water.
"I think we'll be doing the asking" my mom snaps as I swallow the liquid along with a headache tablet. "Where were you Sergio? We came over last night for dinner, like you requested, and you weren't home" she yells as I roll my eyes.
"I went out with the boys and I lost track of time. Sorry I forgot that we made plans" I answered lamely before attempting to make my way to my bedroom.
"Is that all you have to say?" dad snaps, stopping me in my tracks.
I slowly turned around as I thought up more excuses to use as I grovel for forgiveness.
"Look dad I'm sorry. I should have called and told you I wasn't going to make it. I didn't mean to have you guys wait up for me" I offered lamely, knowing that they will forgive me.
However my mom doesn't buy it this time.
"Apology not accepted. I don't know what's going on with you lately Sergio but I'm tired of it" she begins as I open my mouth to object. "Don't even try to deny it. Over the last couple of months all you've done is go out and get drunk. I get that you are young and having fun but there comes a point when you must realize that you are putting yourself and career at risk" she continues.
"I haven't done anything wrong"
"Not yet" Marian adds.
"She's right" Rene continues he signals for me to sit down and listen. "Some of your sponsors having been calling me wanting to know what’s going on. I've tried to reassure them that you are fine but not even I believe that" he admits as I roll my eyes. "Sergio we think you having a drinking problem. Look at you. You come home looking like a mess and on top of that you keep lying about where you were" he yells in attempt to get a reaction out of me.
"Listen Rene" I say angrily, finally fed up with listening to them telling me what's wrong with me. "There's nothing wrong with me. I'm a successful 24 year old, who has spent most of his life listening to what people tell him to do. So what if I've decided to go out once in a while? Is that so bad? My career hasn't been affect and Lena has no problem with it. Now if you don't mind I'd like it if you let me go upstairs and sleep. I'm very tired" I announce as I stand up.
"If that's what you want to do then that's fine Sergio" my dad says as he also stands up and walks towards me. "Just know that from this day forward your family and I will no longer be around to help you pick up the pieces of your life when it falls apart. From this day on you are on your own. It's time you learn how to stand on your own two feet and be a man" he concludes as I shrug.
"Whatever. I don't need you guys anyway. I hope enjoy your life without my money" I snap before turning around and walking to my room.
They'll be back. Eventually they'll realize they need me more than I need them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sergio has turned into an ass. How much longer can he continue this before he loses it?