Status: Ongoing

Picking Up the Pieces

Epilogue

“Daddy tell us a story before you go” Maria begged as Sergio continued to pack his bags for the game tonight.

For a five year old she already had Sergio wrapped around her little finger and like her twin sister Lea, Sergio could never say no to them.

Sergio looked at me for some help but I shook my head no, as I continued to lie on the bed as I watched him try to figure out a way to get out of this one.

“Maria baby I don’t have time right now but maybe when I come back I can tell you a so many more stories?” he bargained but both girls refused to give up as they screeched no and sat on the floor having a tantrum.

“Babe help me please” he whispered as he looked to me for guidance.

I yawned as I stretched on the bed before answering.

“I would love to help you baby but even I’m interested in hearing one of you legendary stories” I teased as he glared at me.

He huffed before sitting on the bed and calling the girls to join him. They quickly jumped on the bed as they prepared to hear what he had to say.

“This is a story of a rich man, who had to lose it all in order to realise what really matters in life” he explained as the girls got comfortable.

I rolled my eyes at his explanation as I realised that he was about to tell them, once again the story of how we met.

~

“… and then they lived happily ever after” Sergio ended as he finished his story and kissed both the girls on the cheek.

They had fallen asleep halfway through the story but he continued to tell it as I listened intently as if I hadn’t lived the events involved in it.

“Can I go now?” he pleaded as I nodded yes.

He got up from the bed as he packed the last of his belongings, while I slowly walked towards him to kiss him bye. We still had a few hours before we would have to be at the stadium but because of Sergio’s new job at the Sevilla, he would need to be at the stadium before us.

“So assistant manager are you ready for your first game?” I smirked as I helped him fix his tie.

I watched as his face went pale before nodding his head.

“Babe you have nothing to be afraid off. This is just like when you played football but now you’ve got all those years of experience to tell those boys what they need to do” I assured him as I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“Will you be there to support me?” he asked like a whinny little boy.

I nodded my head as I laughed at him.

“Yes all five of us will be there to support you” I assured him as we both looked down at my swollen belly that currently housed the twins boys I was supposed to give birth to in two months. “There is nowhere else we’d rather be tonight” I assured him before pulling him in for a kiss.

“I love you so much Reyna Ramos and I want to thank you again for picking up the broken pieces of my life back together” he whispered as he pecked my lips again.

“I love you too Sergio Ramos and thank you for letting me into your life. There’s no one else I would rather spend my time with” I admitted as I gave him one final kiss.

Yes, I may have helped Sergio put the pieces back in his life but he helped me finally find the family I had dream of for so long and I never planned on losing what I had with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
END