Status: Updates are as frequent as possible.

American Soldier

Never Alone Again

When Blaze left the United States to go overseas and fight in the war, I was saddened that she left but with me working her former job it's kept my mind off the harsh things she must be experiencing over there. I mean their culture and the way they do things over there must be so different from our way of life. I graduated from High School just four years ago and I really can't believe the years have gone by so damn fast. Most of my friends had moved away to go to college in different states but I've only one of my true friends have stayed and had come to work with me. We both have the same hours and on our off days, we're usually down at the beach or at my apartment watching movies and just hanging out.

For my birthday, my friend Harley, or as I call her Stix because of how skinny she is, took me out to eat and we spent the day at the mall just shopping for things that I wanted but I didn't spend a whole lot on myself. I knew Blaze would be very unhappy with me if I blew a whole bunch of money on shit that I didn't need. Harley has definitely been a great support system for me. I mean she helps me through the days where I'm missing Blaze so much or when I have terrible dreams of getting a call about her being dead. She always finds the right words to say that make those uneasy thoughts just disappear.

About a year ago, I met a man while I was working at the diner. He was a sweet and very attractive man with buzzed off hair, muscles, dozens of tattoos, and a single lip piercing. I swear this man had me from hello and I'm glad to say that we've been dating for one year and 11 months as of last Friday and our two year anniversary is coming up soon. I had written Blaze telling her all about him and she seemed to like him but she asked me to tell him that if I was hurt by him she would knock his teeth right down his throat and I would not doubt that for a minute. I did get a letter from Blaze about two weeks ago telling me she was injured but it was nothing I should worry about. It was just a flesh wound and she would be going back to her unit in a couple of days. When she tells me not to worry, I instantly get worried. I guess it's a sister thing but Matt talked to me and he got me to calm down about the situation. What a wonderful man.

Today I was only working until four in the afternoon and Matt had invited me, Harley, and her boyfriend Toby to a cook out over at his friend Jimmy's house. Oh man Jimmy is such a character and a great friend. He can make you laugh even when he's sober. The crazy things he does is unbelievable and so damn hilarious. Jimmy's wife Leana was the exact same. They constantly were playing jokes on one another and I can certainly say they are a match made in heaven. Matt and Jimmy's other friends and brothers, as he refers to them, are Brian Haner Jr., Zacky Baker, and Johnny Seward. Jimmy is always giving Johnny a hard time with his height but Johnny gets right back at him. It's comical to see them going back and forth with each other like real brothers would do. Johnny's girlfriend Lacey is so laid back and a really good artist. She's shown me some things of hers she's painted and drawn and I can honestly say she could be a world famous artist.

Brian and his wife Michelle are like the cockiest people I've ever met and if anyone hurts a member of their "family" they are ready to defend that person whether it be in an argument or a good old fashion fist fight. I've seen Brian and Michelle both get into altercations where punches have been thrown and they can sure hold their own. Zacky did have a girlfriend name Gena who we all disliked and come to find out, he found her cheating. All the girls including me were ready to beat the living shit out of her for treating a kindhearted and decent man like a piece of trash. Thank God she is gone but Zacky was devastated that she would do something like that despite the warnings we gave to him but everyone has to find out for themselves. For a while there, Zacky was drinking very heavily because of that vindictive bitch and thanks to some caring but hard spoken words from Matt, Brian, Jimmy, and even Johnny he was taken out of that rut and now he's back to his old self.

I clocked out of work and left the diner to get home quickly and change before the party. I was going to be cutting it close on getting there but Matt and the others understood that I was working later than expected. I got back to my apartment in record time and quickly changed into my bathing suit and put on some short and a tank top over it. I packed a bag with a towel and extra clothing in case I had to stay the night. I got back into my car after locking up the apartment and I went over to Matt's. He lived fairly close to the complex and his house was amazing but what do you expect from a rockstar? I pulled into his driveway and parked my car next to his. I got out grabbing my bag and went on into the house. He hates it when I knock but I'm just so used to do that. Old habits die hard. I walked through his house and out to the back yard where everyone was.

"Payge!" Jimmy yelled before scooping me up into one of his bone crushing hugs.

"It's good to see you too Jimbo but could you put me down?" he set me back onto my feet but I was immediately engulfed into another hug by Leana.

"How was work?"

"The same as it always is. I serve some polite costumers and then there's some who think they can do whatever they want and then there's the completely rude ones that are satisfied with anything." I said chuckling as she let me go.

"Sounds like a typical day. Come on let's get you drink!"

"Just a minute Leana. I want to see Matt first but you can bring that drink over to the grill." I said smiling evil and she rolled her eyes but accepted my offer. I laughed as she bounded over to the cooler to get herself another drink. I walked over to Matt who put more burgers onto the grill to cook.

"Hey baby." I said smiling.

"Hey sweetheart. Was work typical?"

"It sure was." I said and he leaned over and kissed me with passion.

"Hey Matt! No porno movies around Johnny!"

"Shut up giant!" Johnny said and they continued to go on their daily shots at each other. Matt shook his head and gave me a beer from the cooler beside him.

"Payge come on get in the water!" I looked at Matt and he nodded. I found me a seat at the patio and I stripped off my extra clothing until I was in my bikini. Matt wolf-whistled at me and I blushed. Even though we've been dating for almost two years, he can still get me to blush. I ran from my spot and jumped into the pool almost landing on Jimmy.

We all played around and which started a game of chicken. Michelle won of course. Hell she's undefeated with the girls. Matt let us know that the food was done and we all got out and fixed us a plate. Matt being the gentleman he is made me a plate and sat down with me. I don't think I could imagine or even dream for a better man than him to be with. After we all had our fill of the hamburgers and hotdogs Matt had prepared, he gathered up the guys and was silently talking to them about something. My curiosity was getting the best of me. When Matt had finished talking with the guys he came over to me and pulled me up from my chair.

"Payge I've been thinking a whole lot about something."

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

"We've been together almost two years. I know you better than I know myself. I love you Payge and everything about you. It would set this big heart on fire if you would answer a question I have."

"What's on your mind?" I asked and I watched as Matt got down on one knee in front of everyone and pulled a tiny box from his pocket.

"Payge Marie Rossi...it would do me such a great honor if you would become my wife." Matt opened up the tiny box to show a ring with a huge stone in the middle. My hand flew up to my mouth and tears of joy sprung from my eyes.

"Yes I will!" I said and he placed the ring on my finger before grabbing me off the ground. Everyone cheered and clapped with Jimmy being the loudest of the bunch. He kissed me with so much passion and I loved him with all my heart and soul.

The rest of the night was filled with drinking and having a wonderful time with music blaring. I couldn't stop staring at the beautiful ring Matt had gotten for me but I know I would have a lot of planning to do but thankfully I have three girls to help me out. With Blaze off at war she'll be missing my wedding but now I know I'll never be alone again.
♠ ♠ ♠
awe....ain't that sweet? Come on readers...please comment. You don't have to be silent.