Status: Updates are as frequent as possible.

American Soldier

Awarded

I woke up to the sound of beeping and when my eyes opened I seen the heart monitor. I glanced around the room at the other people in hospital beds and I began to remember what I had done to ecape. I don't know whether that was a stupid move on my part or a really smart one.

"Sergeant Rossi?" I looked over at the doctor who seemed to appear out of thin air.

"How did I get here?" I asked as he sat down in a chair next to my bed.

"Your squad called in for a medivac since you were hurt. Do you remember anything about what happened?"

"I remember those guys torturing me for information. I know I killed the ones who hurt me before leaving the mountain and finding my squad. What are my injuries?" I explained and he looked down at the chart in his hand.

"All you have is a few bruises from where the restraints were on your wrists and ankles and the deep lacerations from where they had cut you pretty deep made you lose a considerable amount of blood."

"Other than that. You found nothing that would signafy me going home?" I asked and he shook his head no. I breathed a sigh of relief. There was no way I was going to be sent home for this shit.

"Doctor these men are requesting to speak with Sergeant Rossi." I looked and my Colonel, Capitan, and Liuetant stood with a nurse along with a General.

"Of course. Not too long gentlemen. She still needs her rest." the doctor said getting up from his seat and walking away.

"How are you doing Sergeant?"

"I'm doing better Colonel." I said nodding.

"That's good. The information you got from those people saved a lot of lives Seargent. Your country is proud of you. I have a little something for you." The General opened up the black and gold leather box and brought the object down to my hospital gown and pinned it on. I looked down and realized what it was.

"The Purple Heart sir?" I questioned and he nodded.

"You went through a wound in the service of your country. You deserve this."

"Thank you sir." I said and I lifted my arm to salute him. He gave me a salute back before they all left my bedside. I looked down at the medal and I rubbed my thrumb over it. Wow...that's all I could think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today, I'm being released to back to my unit. I got into a jeep carrying other minor wounded soldiers and the last stop was to my unit. I sat alone in the jeep with the driver and as we got into my base I could see the whole Company lined up in formation and their arms raised into a salute. The General and Colonel were standing a few feet from them as the jeep stopped and I got out.

"Sergeant Blaze Rossi, front and center." the General ordered and I stood in front of him.

"Sergeant, you are a credit to your uniform and country and a genuine hero to everyone in this war. First, I would like to present you with a new rank. You are no longer a mere Sergeant. You are now the great rank of Second Luetinant." Colonel Mulligan handed the General a brand new uniform shirt and Class A uniform jacket and undershirt with my new rank on it.

"Colonel Mulligan will you present the other item?"

"Yes sir. Luetinant Rossi, on behalf of all the soldiers you've saved by getting that information. It is my honor to present you with the Silver Star." Colonel Mulligan said smiling as he took the Silver Star from its case and carefully pinned it to my shirt. Colonel Mulligan and the General both saluted me and I saluted them back before shaking their hands. Damn...two medals for doing something any good soldier would do. Wow.

"Luetinant, if you want to you can continue being in this unit or you can go with the General and be assigned to a position where you can do more good." I looked back at my squad and they nodded their heads.

"I'll go with the General sir." I said nodding.

"Alright. Get changed into your new uniform and make sure you have everything from your barricks. Corporal Harper will help you with your footlocker."

"Yes sir." I saluted Colonel Mulligan and we were all dismissed. I followed Walter back to the barricks and he helped me with my footlocker since it was pretty heavy for even me. All of the other ladies told me goodbye and Walter carried my footlocker out to the General's vehicle. I got inside with the General and I waved goodbye to everyone as we left the compound. I wonder where they're going to assign me now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? there's only one chapter left. Please please please leave me some comments!!!