Status: Updates are as frequent as possible.

American Soldier

One Final Fight

Over the last five years I've been with the 231st Combat Unit and during this period of time I've gotten three more Purple Hearts for wounds I wouldn't give out, the Bronze Star, and I was promoted to Major. I've lost a lot of men in my squad by being killed or sent home because of their injuries. For the dead soldiers, I would go through their things and find out where they were from before writing a letter to their loved ones. I would always get letters back from them telling how much they appreciated the kind words that would usually not come from a commander. In all my years of the service, I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would get this far in a promotion nor be the leader of my fellow soldiers.

My Commanding Officer had to force me at times to take a break from the battles when all I wanted to do was stay and fight. It wasn't all bad though. I did get a few phone calls in to Payge and for the children that live pretty close to the base I bought some toys and candy for them on Christmas. I can't stand to see a child go without. Only a very heartless person can walk right by one of the adorable children. We just got done with a major offensive that lasted three weeks and once again my C.O. has forced me to take a week pass to go and get some rest and just relax. I laughed at the crazy jokes of my friend Craig Kyltowsky and the snappy comebacks of Sam Hagar and no not the classic rock singer. They were quite the characters. Both of them make my days without my sister a little bit more bearable but when these two men are together and drinking...oh man they become drunken comic idiots.

It wasn't just us that were going on some much needed R&R. The Humvee behind us had a medic that, I think, is sick and tired of treating me for minor wounds and a few more people from my squad. I've travel this road so many times, I could literally drive it myself blindfolded. I listened to Craig and Sam as their jokes became more hilarious by the minute. It was hard not to laugh at the two jackasses. I looked out the windshield and seen something on the side of the road but before I could say anything, the Humvee ran over it and the vehicle flew sideways. I could feel each harsh sting of the shrapnel as it pierced through my body. As the loud crash of the Humvee landed on its side and began to skid down the dirt road, I felt my body being slung out the window and roll multiple times.

My head connected with the ground hard as I finally stopped. My leg was killing me and my vision blurred as I looked to the side. I could barely see the medic that was standing over me but I could hear the loud shouts of the other soldiers.

"Hold on Major Rossi!" the medic said as my hearing and vision went before I completely blacked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the end of this story but the next will be up soon. I want to get a few more chapters written before I post it. Remember to please leave me some comments...