Status: Updates are as frequent as possible.

American Soldier

No One Will Do That to Us

It's been a little over six months since we arrived here at the Second Chance Children's Home and in that time I've already found a job as a waitress at a local diner. The pay is very good and the tips are the best I've ever seen. The only thing I don’t like about it is that I have to stay there until after one in the morning because of my going to school. Mrs. Clare had given me a keycard to get back into the building but I would only get four and a half hours of sleep in before I had to get up and go to school. I'm starting to think that dropping out would be better but in the long run I need my education.

Now the weekend is here and I was able to work the morning shift that way I would have some time to spend with Payge and help her study for any upcoming tests. There had been potential parents that had wanted to adopt us but after finding out about how our parents died, they instantly classified us as 'trouble making' kids. Hell I don’t want us to get adopted because I would rather take care of Payge other than depend on someone else to do it. I had gotten off from work almost two hours ago and lunch was about to be served. Payge and I got on the elevator and pushed the down button to the first floor. When the doors opened, people were gathered around watching something.

"What's going on over there?"

"Don’t know. Let's go see." I said grabbing Payge's hand and pushing through the crowd of people. What I seen was unbelievable. A man was pulling a young boy away while another older child was yelling and screaming while being held back by Clare. They were being separated! I pulled Payge back through the crowd and over to the other side of the room away from the commotion.

"What the hell was going on?"

"They were separating them! I'm not letting us stay here any longer but I need to keep working for a while to save up enough money." I explained and Payge looked shocked and terrified.

"If they'll do that to them then they'll do that to us! We need to leave now!"

"We don’t have the money Payge. Give me at least six more months to save and I promise we'll leave." I said but she shook her head no. I know she's scared that we'll be split up but I'm not going to let that happen.

"No Blaze. They could split us up in that time frame."

"Alright how about a month?" I asked and she seemed a little leery but agreed.

"Don’t worry Payge. I won’t let that happen to us." She smiled and instead of having lunch here at the home we decided on going out to eat. We got into my car and i drove down to the diner where I work. While we ate our food, we talked about what we needed to do and where we're supposed to go. When we finished, we agreed on a plan and we were definitely going to stick with it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow...well please comment. It means a lot when you do...

Fact

Did you know that the events that happened in this chapter are really happening?